St Johnstone v Rangers: Sun 18th Feb - 12:00

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because hes stretching a leg out to block a shot and mistimes it horrendously.

He should just stand and try and block it by facing it, but when youre desperately sprinting about trying to block shots it probably not that easy to think straight.

The game isnt played in slow motion. 

So you don’t think he bottled it by turning his back on the shot?  

36 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Just watched the highlights.  BBC showing its usual bias with the highlights.  Didn’t show a single shot on target by St Johnstone…………….

Mr Levein also said Rangers didn’t open them up. I take it he was away having a sh!t when Dessers was 1 on 1 with the keeper twice. 

Saintees are still the worst team we’ve played in the league. They’re  going down. 

Edited by Dee Bliss

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its pretty clear what the rules are, and when referees trained by the same organisation are getting multiple slow motion replays from all angles, then consistent decisions should come from that. 

The whole point of VAR is surely to give referees time and space to review things so we get consistently correct decisions? Removes the chance of them not seeing the incident correctly and having to act on instinct.

The laws of the game for decisions like handball and fouls include the phrase "in the opinion of the referee". Different people have different views on an incident, unless you want a single referee taking charge of every single game in Scotland then there are always going to be inconsistencies as a result.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because hes stretching a leg out to block a shot and mistimes it horrendously.

He should just stand and try and block it by facing it, but when youre desperately sprinting about trying to block shots it probably not that easy to think straight.

The game isnt played in slow motion. 

So mistiming a block when stretching your leg out makes you turn your back and throw both arms up in the air? 

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

So you don’t think he bottled it by turning his back on the shot?  

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So mistiming a block when stretching your leg out makes you turn your back and throw both arms up in the air? 

Have you two ever actually played football?

If youre running, jumping, and stretching your leg, then youll also twist and your arms come out.

Im more worried about how thats a sign he clearly panicked in a high tempo situation and misjudged the shot by miles rather than his actual body position during it.

All the chat about VAR again. Exactly as it was always going to be and never has the phrase about reaping what you sow been more apt for all the c***s that wanted this in our game.

Of course Rangers and Celtic were going to benefit the most when instances in the box would be under the most scrutiny. The only idiots that couldn't see that were probably the ones that thought five subs was a good idea as well.

Yesterday's decisions highlighted two of the many but main problems; for the first the referee completely bottles making a decision because he's happy to let his pal in the box do it then give him numerous angles.

For the second we see how VAR doesn't address the issue of consistency that the morons that championed it believed it would deliver. Robinson penalised for an offence almost identical to the one Alex Cochrane wasn't penalised for a couple of weeks ago. Because it's still humans making decisions. To play on for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes then just stop the game and award a penalty as well? 

f**k VAR.

Edited by Radford

Actually didn't think the Saints performance was too bad but then I'm just drawn into talking about depressing rubbish like shape and not the fact there was anything actually exciting about it.

Against the Old Firm it's acceptable enough but the problem is these same *positives* are all you can ever really take from *good* Saints performances these days.

This struck me in the latest minutes from the forum meeting that Levein and Kirk spoke at:

"Without a structure it is like basketball - end to end then it is down to the team that makes most mistakes that loses the game. We want to take that element away and have the structure that allows players to make more passes and correct decisions rather than forcing play and having to face a counter attack."

Entertainment is very low on the agenda. Andy Kirk is here to show the world what a good football coach he is. But then, I'm still trying to work out why Levein is here...

Edited by Radford

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre running, jumping, and stretching your leg, then youll also twist and your arms come out.

Im more worried about how thats a sign he clearly panicked in a high tempo situation and misjudged the shot by miles rather than his actual body position during it.

Oh, I think it’s fair to say I have played a fair bit of football.  

I don’t agree with your assertion  “If youre running, jumping, and stretching your leg, then youll also twist and your arms come out”.   I’ve seen plenty of players running, jumping and stretching without the need to twist their body significantly.  Despite your assertion to the contrary I think he could have ran, jumped and stretched without turning his back on goal.  You apparently think that is not physically and / or reasonably possible.

You clearly have a different, more defensive, position of a player in a team you support.  You’re entitled to your opinion of course.  

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you’ve ever played football you’d know you’d get called a sh!tebag by your manager for turning your back on a shot. 

It’s a penalty, stop yer slavering.👇

5 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

It’s a penalty, stop yer slavering.👇

Never said its not a penalty.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Huge Rangers scandal after trip to Perth.

Gordon Parks is a fucking moron and I know that from personal experience. The guy is never a journalist in a million years.