St Johnstone v Rangers: Sun 18th Feb - 12:00

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure what that reference means here in the context of me poking fun at the thread getting sidetracked 

I’ve noticed over a long period how you mostly seem to talk about the football. And the game due to be played, ie not Celtic chat when they’re not involved. Decent poster.

21 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Been dead for really quite a long time. Also, famously, never played football in Scotland at any level whatsoever, which really makes their enthusiasm for singing about him all the stranger. 

We’re often told that a Rangers away days is a class day out though.

48 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I’ve noticed over a long period how you mostly seem to talk about the football. And the game due to be played, ie not Celtic chat when they’re not involved. Decent poster.

Oh don’t worry, I do have my moments 😅 but I do try haha 

Additional added motivation for Rangers knowing they could go top and take the goal difference lead as well. 

Early goal tomorrow and I do worry for Saints. 

Not sure how I feel from Saints perspective. Not playing especially well but at times after least look organised, at times anyway. 

There's ways Saints could get at Rangers with the pace we now have but will we be able to get a hold of the ball? Levein showed Hearts far to much respect in terms of territory and time on the ball, I dread to think what will happen if the same is given to Rangers. 

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

The chance to go top tomorrow, another test of the teams bottle especially if St J keep it tight and we're struggling to break them down.

We'll keep it tight but you won't struggle to break us down as we cant defend crosses. 

Livingston suddenly remembering how to win puts a wee bit more pressure on us than what it felt like 12 hours previous.

You go into this thinking we’ve got real pace, if we can keep it tight we can hurt them on the break, but in reality it rarely works out that way, as good players can generally snuff out hopeful balls over the top and not give you a sniff.

I imagine we’ll be 5-4-1 with our lone striker getting to watch the rangers defenders go through their heading practice all game, but hope I’m wrong.

Phillips being back in would be a big boost, so we might get hold of the ball in midfield now and then.

Just hope that we can keep the heid after yesterday's "excitement" about the events at Parkhead.  The Radio Clyde phone in was hilarious... Celtic fans still sitting top of the league wanting Rodgers run out of town was wonderful.  Celtic are going through a bad (for them) spell.  Anyone think Rangers won't have a bad spell between now and the end of the season? Really?

It would be as ridiculous for us to expect an easy three points today as it was for Celtic fans to expect the demolition of Killie yesterday. The sense of entitlement of fans of both Rangers and Celtic is a sight to behold and is deeply insulting to other teams.

Every point has to be fought for and it's ridiculous to assume anything is in the bag.  I fully expect the Saints to give us a Hell of a game today and we'll have to play well to get the points.  Pundits on Radio Scotland yesterday were talking about Rangers winning their next three matches putting real pressure on Celtic as if St Johnstone, Hearts and Kilmarnock would have no say in the matter.

Optimism is fine, but arrogance is ridiculous.  A bad tackle early on with a red card and that's it fekked for the day.  

23 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A bad tackle early on with a red card

😂

Aye, a Rangers player is getting sent off in the opening minutes of a game against anyone other than Celtic.

Right you are.

Its pretty clear that refs will now be shitting it of giving anything against either OF side now theres a title race, presumably because they know theyll get death threats through the door for wrongly awarding a throw in, so today is likely to be a disgusting display of ineptitude and bias from whatever clown takes the whistle. 

10 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Who gives away the penalty? Considine or Gordon? 

I say Gordon.

Both.

2 penalties conceded, Phillips red carded for a 50/50 where he wins the ball and gets caught late, Sidibeh goal disallowed for offside despite being in his own half.

Just now, Muirton Saint said:

5-4-1?

Looks like it to me.

Zero idea how he'll set up the midfield. 

Common sense says Phillips and Matt Smith sitting, with Carey/Connor Smith the ones tasked with defending wide/supporting the striker.

Diomande in for his first start. Barisic coming in isn’t filling me with the most confidence as I think Ridvan has been a better option there and possesses more pace so can recover quicker.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like it to me.

Zero idea how he'll set up the midfield. 

Common sense says Phillips and Matt Smith sitting, with Carey/Connor Smith the ones tasked with defending wide/supporting the striker.

Assume so but an outside chance it might be 4-5-1 similar to the end of the Dundee game. Either way hope we get a lot more from (C.)Smith today. 

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Diomande in for his first start. Barisic coming in isn’t filling me with the most confidence as I think Ridvan has been a better option there and possesses more pace so can recover quicker.

Barisic better at crossing?

Considering how much we concede from them, then that could be huge in attack. Defensively we'll target the channels but i guess a title chasing manager isnt going to pick a team based on whats best defensively, certainly against us when we camp in our own half against teams like Hearts and Dundee.