St Mirren V St Johnstone 24th February

Its my birthday.

I won't be attending. 

Mitov, Robinson, Considine, Gordon, Phillips, M. Smith, Carey, Kimpioka all certs to start i guess.

Random ball generator picks between K. Smith, McGowan, Keltjens, Franczak and Gallacher as the other 2 defenders.

4th midfielder is picked from either C. Smith or Kucheriavyi, depending on who Levein enjoyed taking to the amusement park most during the week.

I'm not really looking forward to this. The last game against St Johnstone in Perth was horrible, we actually played better against Livingston that we did in the game at McDiarmid but I had a similar feeling after both games. 

I think predicting our games is a really hard thing to do. We don't really draw games, have pumped a few teams, have been pumped, have lost out to the odd goal against teams at the bottom of the league, have edged out some so called 'bigger' sides by the odd goal. I honestly have no idea how Saturday will go. 

I watched a bit of the St Johnstone game yesterday and they looked ok. If Rangers found them hard to break down, then we certainly will. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Saints win. Is the Alamo still open? If so, anyone wanting a square go I'll be there, bring yer pals, you'll need them.

Saints win. The Alamo has been shut for a few years. Our under 12 balaclava mob will deal with you.

14 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

First goal the winner, we’ve not had a game where both teams scored since the start of November. 

If you score first, yes. We've only won once all season when our opponents have scored, and never under Levein.

We've also only scored 2 goals in a game once under him, in his first game in charge.

So aye. If you score then its done for us in terms of 3 points.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Wow..that's actually pretty positive! Where does your belief come from?

I expect we’ll have some wee flick from a long throw that’ll count as a shot on target somehow. 

1 hour ago, DumbartonBud said:

First goal the winner, we’ve not had a game where both teams scored since the start of November. 

First goal the winner.  Unless it’s us.

If you could just somehow give us the 3 points and our next two opponents could do the same so we can guarantee safety and condemn this hellish facade masquerading as entertainment in the bin.

It’s like paying to watch a movie you think is shite every week. Just because you’ve always done it. 

This is going to sound exaggerated, but I genuinely think st Mirren could play with their oldest fan in goal and they’d still get something out of the game.

This is the game Levein will be hoping for some fruit from his recent "refs out to get us" press campaign.

Never going to get it against Rangers of course, so expecting a few more comments from him before Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

This is the game Levein will be hoping for some fruit from his recent "refs out to get us" press campaign.

Never going to get it against Rangers of course, so expecting a few more comments from him before Saturday.

If youd had the decisions we've had against us lately you'd be screeching about a conspiracy, so probably best not to throw too many stones Leveins way.

As said above, VAR will ruin this game for everyone anyway. Youll probably wait 70 minutes for a goal and then barely celebrate it as youve to wait, with no idea whats going on, for 5 minutes while the ref shrugs his shoulders.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youd had the decisions we've had against us lately you'd be screeching about a conspiracy, so probably best not to throw too many stones Leveins way.

As said above, VAR will ruin this game for everyone anyway. Youll probably wait 70 minutes for a goal and then barely celebrate it as youve to wait, with no idea whats going on, for 5 minutes while the ref shrugs his shoulders.

In a two week period earlier in the season we had THREE goals chopped off by VAR against Hearts (2 should have stood) and against Aberdeen a goal chopped off for offside when Dons had cleared the ball twice after the initial offence - oh, and in that game, VAR not spotting a double-touch penalty with the last kick(s) of the ball cost us 2 points.

Not sure how many of the decisions they've admitted VAR got wrong can clearly have been shown to have an impact on the result, but that's certainly one of them.

FWIW, and I hate to say it, I thought both Rangers penalties were correct.  First one always would have been, second is the kind of crap that gets given 9/10 these days.

Be great to have a game where there was zero VAR controversy.

[As an aside, we'll have Bolton back in defence for this after him missing Saturday due to the ref overruling VAR and keeping a clear yellow as a straight red in the game against Dundee].

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Be great to have a game where there was zero VAR controversy.

Its impossible, just simply cannot happen. Youre guaranteed at least two 3 minute delays every game due to it.

Just enjoy the fact youve got a decent team at the same time as this shambles came into the game, those who have to suffer a shite side and VAR ruining games might well be lost to the game forever soon.