St Mirren V St Johnstone 24th February

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Morton would give me the major fear (just as Arbroath would’ve) as they’d just batter f**k out of us. 

Yeah you can already picture Cappielow being an absolute bear pit and them just bullying us, while our players hide and chase the ref screeching for fouls instead of fighting back.

Can already see Levein saying a 1-0 loss wasnt too bad and how hopeful he is that we'll turn up at home.

5 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Aye that seems the big issue - no fight 

Theres a lack of quality too, and confidence, but you can usually scrape by with that if theres effort into making it hard for your opponents.

Almost nobody has to work hard to get points off us just now.

What happened to Kimpioka? Looked liked he was getting ready to come on at half time and then didn’t see him warming up again during the second half. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

I have absolutely no idea what Levein was trying to do at all today.

Even when it was only 1-0, St Johnstone offered nothing.

At 2-0 down with 25 minutes+ to play, still nothing. They didn’t pin us in and try to get back in to it. They literally just rolled over. 

That’s the poorest I’ve seen against us this season - and that includes us pumping St Johnstone 4-0 earlier this season.

Abject.

I switched off after the second goal. Did Gallagher finish the game at LWB? Genuinely an astonishing choice given Keltjens was available and looked at least ok there. Is Franczak injured? 

The foul by Kwon is so soft. A slight nudge and the player has gone down. The referee had a perfectly good view of it and decided to play on. Had the referee given it at the time I wouldn't have complained too much but I'm not having that can fall into 'clear and obvious'.

3-0 wouldn't have flattered us. St Johnstone rallied a bit at the end, had they managed to get score from the one that went past the post we might have got nervous. But other than that, we were pretty comfortable. 

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I switched off after the second goal. Did Gallagher finish the game at LWB? Genuinely an astonishing choice given Keltjens was available and looked at least ok there. Is Franczak injured? 

Shape after the Max sub was meant to be...

Mitov

Gallacher - Gordon - Considine - Robinson 

Kucheriavyi - Smith - Phillips - Jaiyesimi

Clark - Sidibeh 

But Clark seemed to be playing in CM more than up front, which was where he playing before the change of shape so maybe nobody ever told him to push up?

Seen a few comments on Twitter last night that Sidibeh's turn was due to a low blood pressure incident.

Hopefully it's something easily remedied and maintainable so it doesn't happen again. He did a power of running yesterday and looked fucking exhausted in last 10 minutes.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Seen a few comments on Twitter last night that Sidibeh's turn was due to a low blood pressure incident.

Levein quoted as saying that. 

10 hours ago, houston_bud said:

The foul by Kwon is so soft. A slight nudge and the player has gone down. The referee had a perfectly good view of it and decided to play on. Had the referee given it at the time I wouldn't have complained too much but I'm not having that can fall into 'clear and obvious'.

3-0 wouldn't have flattered us. St Johnstone rallied a bit at the end, had they managed to get score from the one that went past the post we might have got nervous. But other than that, we were pretty comfortable. 

Had that goal been scored by either half of the bigot sisters, then it wouldn’t even have been considered by VAR. it’s ruined the game for me but a big part of the problem is that the officials both on and off the park, are completely incompetent.

I haven’t seen the goal back yet but looked very soft at the time, if it had been given I suspect we would have gone on to score a couple more as St J were as poor as I have ever seen them and seemed to have no stomach for the fight. 
After we scored the atmosphere was great but once it was disallowed it went flat. 

9 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

I haven’t seen the goal back yet but looked very soft at the time, if it had been given I suspect we would have gone on to score a couple more as St J were as poor as I have ever seen them and seemed to have no stomach for the fight. 
After we scored the atmosphere was great but once it was disallowed it went flat. 

To be fair, it did look like a foul, albeit a soft one, on Sportscene. We'd have been shouting for it, if it was against us.

There was contact on Smith's back and his standing leg, without a touch on the ball by Kwon.

A pity, as it was an excellent finish.

Hopefully, he'll be encouraged to do more of that.

With Baccus' impending departure, I wonder if we're trying to get him on loan for next season.

I doubt he's good enough for the green bigots, but he's been great for us so far.

Although by sounds of it, the green bigots will having an end of season clear out of their "dead wood", of which I suspect might include Kwon.

33 minutes ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, it did look like a foul, albeit a soft one, on Sportscene. We'd have been shouting for it, if it was against us.

There was contact on Smith's back and his standing leg, without a touch on the ball by Kwon.

A pity, as it was an excellent finish.

Hopefully, he'll be encouraged to do more of that.

With Baccus' impending departure, I wonder if we're trying to get him on loan for next season.

I doubt he's good enough for the green bigots, but he's been great for us so far.

Although by sounds of it, the green bigots will having an end of season clear out of their "dead wood", of which I suspect might include Kwon.

If there’s even a slight chance they will let him go, then we could at least ask the question. Our guys behind the scenes seem to be doing things the right way, in identifying good players and offering the platform of performing for us and then moving on to bigger things.

Baccus & Strain are the perfect example of players who have been a major success and will no doubt get moves that will further their careers.

He signed for £1m and is contracted there until 2028.

Youll maybe get him on loan again but its absolutely fantasy to think youll get him permanently. Celtic being Celtic will be claiming his value has doubled simply by being their player.

2 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

it was a brilliant celebration and the lad was ecstatic to score his first goal 

i was gutted for him

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youll maybe get him on loan again but its absolutely fantasy to think youll get him permanently. Celtic being Celtic will be claiming his value has doubled simply by being their player.

Agreed.

Celtic and other “big” clubs when they loan players out the requesting club often pay a loan fee in addition to a percentage of the wages. 

Celtic are no mugs when it comes to money. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd probably make far more money in the K League than he would playing for us. So, no chance he moves to us permanently. 

He seems to be enjoying it, so he might end up back on loan. If we can sneak into Europe then he might want to have a crack at that. Take Hibs last year getting to play Villa, a good performance in a game like that could do wonders for his career.

The disallowed goal probably was a free kick, though could be debated either way.

Thats definitely not a VAR decision though; just down to interpretation, and should have stayed with whatever the ref decided at the time.

You see the likes of the second Thistle goal on Friday night that was wrongly disallowed (eventually).. that’s the type of howler that var was supposedly meant to rid the game of, not these marginal ones where they re-ref everything.