Killie v Aberdeen, 24/02/2024

On a superb run of one defeat (Ibrox) in 13. Some of the performances - or even just some of the halves of football - haven't always been great in there, but I truly don't care. I would take shit 1-0s from here til the end of the season and a 4th place finish as a result. 

Aberdeen have been conceding goals under Warnock and we've been fairly tight at the back. If we can unleash some of our new signings now that they're reaching fitness, we could be a dangerous unit. 

9 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

It will be interesting to see if Aberdeen go for it, which would suit us, or if they sit off, which would make for a shit game as we don't really know what to do in that instance.

Right now we seem to be employing very open tactics that will play right into McInnes' hands............not helped by comedy goalkeeping and defending.  However, we have so much ground to make up, that it feels past the point of even bothering trying to $hitfest a result.  It just won't work and is unfair on those that make the 380 mile round trip.

It surely can't be any worse than that effort earlier in the season. I know the wisdom was that Sundays after European matches were likely to be a struggle - but the team was ragdolled from start to finish that day with the not unusual spectacle of players the club have been willing enough to let go looking like world beaters against us. 

Think there is some historic bad blood between these managers after 'The Battle of Bramall Lane'.  Makes for an interesting watch on YouTube.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Sacking offence at AFC that was.

I mean, it wasn't though.

Fans put up with the horrendous football when it was relatively successful.

Killie have nowhere near the budget we had at the time we were playing stone age stuff.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Sacking offence at AFC that was.

I think it was the run of ten games without a goal that done him....and his £17k a week was never going to be sustainable...but yeah, he got sacked because he was winning without flair, that sounds like what all is old Oldco mates would've said on the radio

7 hours ago, tarapoa said:

but the team was ragdolled from start to finish that day with the not unusual spectacle of players the club have been willing enough to let go looking like world beaters against us. 

Tbf, Marley has been brilliant for us since he signed, not just against Aberdeen.

32 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Tbf, Marley has been brilliant for us since he signed, not just against Aberdeen.

Watkins is a player I always really liked. I’d have kept him with us as a squad player. He’s not quite what he once was but a really clever footballer.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Watkins is a player I always really liked. I’d have kept him with us as a squad player. He’s not quite what he once was but a really clever footballer.

I'd imagine we would have kept him but his fitness record in his last season made it hard.

Part II in our five match series to define the season, "Derek McInnes and the Temple of Doom".

Never feel confident about a visit from Aberdeen, particularly when they're in need of a result - while we've been unbeaten recently there's been an awful lot of draws in there. Can see this one being another, maybe a late bit of magic from KVV  could be the difference - but I'm definitely not buying this pessimism from you lot..