Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think you'll need to worry too much about policing games in the LL, unless the Stanraer locals get a bit lairy.

Unfortunately Police Scotland looking for opportunities to cover budget shortfalls, and when they say policing required the club has no choice. We lost money on our cup game v Airdrie earlier this season because PS insisted on cover which cost more than the extra gate income. (And there was no trouble.) And there are a couple of teams in SPFL2 where less than 50 visiting fans nevertheless are deemed to require policing because of problems at previous games.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

34 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

......... (And there was no trouble.) And there are a couple of teams in SPFL2 where less than 50 visiting fans nevertheless are deemed to require policing because of problems at previous games.

Maybe there was none because the police were there!

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Unfortunately Police Scotland looking for opportunities to cover budget shortfalls, and when they say policing required the club has no choice. We lost money on our cup game v Airdrie earlier this season because PS insisted on cover which cost more than the extra gate income. (And there was no trouble.) And there are a couple of teams in SPFL2 where less than 50 visiting fans nevertheless are deemed to require policing because of problems at previous games.

Probably need the army for when bomess arrive.

4 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Just popped in to eat humble pie here.

As has been said, when I started this post back in the dim and distant past we were 8 points adrift at the foot of League 2, respect to Mr McCall, Mr Maitland, our support and the players who have all helped in pulling off the great escape.

Don't worry, the LL will come calling for you again.

And then the Wosfl...

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Why does the club have no choice? Is it a licensing issue? Do they threaten the safety certificate?

There were no police when Linlithgow Rose hosted Celtic and I didn't see any when we played them at Airdrie either.

3 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

Probably need the army for when bomess arrive.

The Bo'ness United support are a very well behaved bunch these days.  The "casual" element only turn up for big Scottish Cup games and the Linlithgow Rose games.  

I am sure that Stranraer can cope with 40 to 70 BU supporters.

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Since we came down we have played Celtic, Hearts and  Rangers B teams and never had a police officer at any of the 5 games played.

5 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Maybe there was none because the police were there!

No, it was because a bus company refused to take a booking from the group looking for trouble because of previous incidents. 

4 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Don't worry, the LL will come calling for you again.

And then the Wosfl...

That big stirring stick of yours is seeing plenty of action of late. 😉

Just wondering, do you have one stick or a separate one for each forum you career through causing carnage. 😆😆😆😆

On 05/05/2024 at 09:34, Burnieman said:

Why does it give you dread?  The B teams get decent crowds and will attract a few to your home games.  The likes of Broomhill and Braves are the ones that should be giving you the dread.

Broomhill actually brought more to Cliftonhill than Hearts B 

4 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Probably 7,

hearts brought 3

Hearts brought a lot more than 3, I was at the game.  How do you count away fans when there's no separate gate?

16 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

If you think hearts brought alot more than 3 you are kidding your self on,

Even Celtic only had about 20 fans there

I was there, sitting in the stand where most were. Probably around 20/25, a mix of fans and parents/family.

On 13/05/2024 at 11:27, realmadrid said:

I just don't get neutral fans going to watch these B teams, but each to their own.

Maybe neutrals go because of other factors.

Groundhopping etc.

I've seen Celtic B a few times this season but i could add in EK, Clyde Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, Broomhill, Hamilton Accies, Montrose, Cove Rangers, Ayr United, Spartans, Partick Thistle etc

6 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Maybe neutrals go because of other factors.

Groundhopping etc.

I've seen Celtic B a few times this season but i could add in EK, Clyde Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, Broomhill, Hamilton Accies, Montrose, Cove Rangers, Ayr United, Spartans, Partick Thistle etc

Yeah i get that, tonight will be my 100th game of the season, i just make a conscious choice not to attend any game with B teams playing in.