Thought I would pop my head in to say "Hello" as we will more than likely be seeing you next year.

Uncle Albert

40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If the Lowland League next year will be uncompetitive, who would you put your money on to win it out of:

Clyde, Clydebank/Broxburn, Bo'ness, Tranent, Linlithgow Rose, Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Berwick, Cumbernauld Colts, Stirling Uni, Civil Service Strollers? Or maybe someone else?

Obviously there are some teams that are less appealing than others, but at least you only play them twice. Less travel to away games than in a national division so you might go to more. And the more good guys come into the league, the sooner the day the B teams get punted, and hopefully the sooner there are two promotion slots for tier 6 too.

If EK are still in the division next season you may as well give them the trophy on the first day of the season.

17 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

If EK are still in the division next season you may as well give them the trophy on the first day of the season.

Same was said after Darvel won the West Premier but failed in promotion. The wheels fell off and MK was looking for a job further up the pyramid. 

40 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Do you think they will still throw money about like confetti again if they don't go up ?

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Do you think they will still throw money about like confetti again if they don't go up ?

I honestly don’t know, but he won’t want to fail there, and my gut feeling  is I think they may go again.

36 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Same was said after Darvel won the West Premier but failed in promotion. The wheels fell off and MK was looking for a job further up the pyramid. 

My opinion is that this is different for him, he is within touching distance of the SPFLin this league, slightly different from Darvel. I suppose time will tell, and it may not come to it anyway if they manage this season.

21 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm an EK fan, it's looking likely now that we will win the LL. 

I'll always remember the time that Clyde were in talks to come to EK.  I think that would have been brilliant for the town and your club but alas. 

If we win the playoff against the highland league team it'll be a bit of a battle against a proud club like Clyde.

The lowland league is a fierce, competitive league, I respect all the clubs in it apart from the colts and if you do go down you'll enjoy watching your team against some great clubs.

What have Cumbernauld Colts done to EK Dodgy?

On 21/02/2024 at 08:26, Uncle Albert said:

Well after last night's 0-2 loss to Forfar it looks like we (Clyde) will be joining you guys down here next season, There is no way on earth we will win the required amount of games to catch up now and as for the playoffs, well the less said the better.

Not another one that thinks the pyramid finishes at the Lowland League lol

9 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

My opinion is that this is different for him, he is within touching distance of the SPFLin this league, slightly different from Darvel. I suppose time will tell, and it may not come to it anyway if they manage this season.

His name was supposedly in the mix for the Clyde job. If can find another club willing to sign up for the circus he brings that's in the SPFL he'd take it. There's no guarantee EK will run away with the league next year if they're in it, certiainly not in the Sep/Oct when jobs start to open up.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Yip, they'd really need to share somewhere if they go up.

One of the few (only?) in the LL that can claim a sell-out in the league. With League Two clubs typically averaging over 500+, EKFC would be turning away fans. K Park isn't going to be good enough for their long-term ambitions. Something they know as they've tried to get something done in the past.

18 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

His name was supposedly in the mix for the Clyde job. If can find another club willing to sign up for the circus he brings that's in the SPFL he'd take it. There's no guarantee EK will run away with the league next year if they're in it, certiainly not in the Sep/Oct when jobs start to open up.

One of the few (only?) in the LL that can claim a sell-out in the league. With League Two clubs typically averaging over 500+, EKFC would be turning away fans. K Park isn't going to be good enough for their long-term ambitions. Something they know as they've tried to get something done in the past.

It was going to start "soon" in June 2020. How soon is soon?

"After being hit by delays, East Kilbride FC have assured fans construction will get underway once lockdown measures are lifted."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-construction-new-22155072

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

His name was supposedly in the mix for the Clyde job. If can find another club willing to sign up for the circus he brings that's in the SPFL he'd take it. 

His name wasn’t in the mix but his pal in the press would have you believe that it was. They also claimed he had turned it down leaving us to turn in desperation to Ian McCall. Like a candidate of mccalls calibre would be playing second fiddle to the chicken man 🤣.

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Yip, they'd really need to share somewhere if they go up.

Not at all, K Park ticks all the boxes,100% fine for L2, how and when the Community Stadium kicks in another story. 

4 minutes ago, ekok said:

Not at all, K Park ticks all the boxes,100% fine for L2, how and when the Community Stadium kicks in another story. 

It probably ticks boxes, but is an awful place to watch football.  What exactly is the situation with the proposed new place?

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

It probably ticks boxes, but is an awful place to watch football.  What exactly is the situation with the proposed new place?

Its bronze standard think the capacity is 600 no room to make it any larger however. On the plus side they will have more seats than some L2 grounds.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It ticks boxes because it meets every single requirement of a Scottish FA Bronze Licence , which is actually quite demanding. 

A few Clubs in L2 and above having problems with that.

Watch this space on the Community Stadium. 

13 minutes ago, ekok said:

It ticks boxes because it meets every single requirement of a Scottish FA Bronze Licence , which is actually quite demanding. 

A few Clubs in L2 and above having problems with that.

Watch this space on the Community Stadium. 

The point being from a spectator viewpoint it's not great, sorry to be harsh, just my opinion from being there a couple of times.

Re the clubs in the SPFL that don't have a bronze licence, it probably has little to do with the stadium in the case of Airdire, Peterhead, Kelty Hearts & Cove Rangers. Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg may have a bit of work to do.

Hopefully EK get their new stadium on the go, I think the club have a lot of potential. 

Agree not The Emirates,  but to be fair can see what is going on from most places. The Bronze requirement is quite a step up, sometimes from  " best practice " to a very specific need.

On the Community Stadium,  my absolute belief and hope is that winning the play offs will see the tractors move in