Stirling Albion v Edinburgh City

Well after our loss to Annan last Saturday, and with Hamilton (twice), Qos and Falkirk our next 4 games, surely this game falls into the "must win" category for us?

I suspect Forthbank will be an eerie place tomorrow, but hopefully the lads can find the form that saw us do so well against Kelty and Cove, only a few weeks ago. 

Must win.

Home game against worst team in the league......you simply have to win those.

With Annan having a few decent results lately it makes it all the more important.

Same starting lineup as last week?

6 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

I've done some more work on tactics and will have the magnetic white board at The Peak at 1pm tomorrow Darren if there's anything you want to discuss. What's happened to Bird? I know he was on the bench last week but given our calamitous defending could be worth some minutes? Bench will be interesting if McPake is fit.

ed.png

Heard about mcpake last night, he was training with the 1st team squad...

Left sided winger, hopefully this means a bit more strength down that side, wonder how DY's golden child Lewis Milne feels about it,

Again just my own thoughts on it, but will happily see Milne benched & someone who can hold a bit of width, go past someone on the outside, can tackle & make a tackle, help defensively & not slow the game down 🙏 please be the answer 

21 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Heard about mcpake last night, he was training with the 1st team squad...Left sided winger, hopefully this means a bit more strength down that side, wonder how DY's golden child Lewis Milne feels about it,Again just my own thoughts on it, but will happily see Milne benched & someone who can hold a bit of width, go past someone on the outside, can tackle & make a tackle, help defensively & not slow the game down 🙏 please be the answer 

I think DY must have been reading your comments BP and took urgent action. Let's hope so!

I've been so disappointed, disillusioned & left feeling flat after the last 3 weak performances against Montrose (worse all season) Alloa & last weeks garbage against Annan....I've just about dried out from getting soaked & a 4 hr round trip 😢 

We changed full backs after Montrose....... changed the midfield up finally bringing in Josh Cooper & Kieran Offord out wide....culminating in our best work against Annan & also our way to goal 👏 

But we shot ourselves in the foot with a crazy goal, & went back to hoof ball, missing out creative players & starving Offord of the ball.... absolutely no idea how Milne gets a game so not going to dwell anyone.... just for info another week without a tackle or header against Annan, but it's Milne & 10 other's in DY's opinion..

Also the development squad got pumped 7-0 midweek which is a bit scary 🙄 doesn't seem to be anyone likely to make the breakthrough soon... 

So we signed Josh McPake who plays off the left 🤔 hopefully just hopefully 🙏 he can come in & be the solution down the left, as this is undoubtedly our problem area, 

I don't know what to expect tomorrow & I'm really worried about our form, we need to change things round quickly & get a few points on the board,

We can't feel sorry for ourselves but we can't afford passenger's either, we need to roll the sleeves up & prove ourselves to be winner's, starting tomorrow, first whistle take it to ECFC...  solid at the back, busy upfront & workrate, c'mon the bino's.... get back on a winning run 🇵🇪

7 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Must win.

Home game against worst team in the league......you simply have to win those.

With Annan having a few decent results lately it makes it all the more important.

I can't see it being the same as last week after that performance, but then again you just don't know 🤔 I'm hopeful Offord will start again, he definitely has something different & can go past a man, good pace & an eye for goal, we need to utilise his talents while we have him 

2 hours ago, SA45 said:

ve done some more work on tactics and will have the magnetic white board at The Peak at 1pm tomorrow Darren if there's anything you want to discuss. What's happened to Bird? I know he was on the bench last week but given our calamitous defending could be worth some minutes? Bench will be interesting if McPake is fit.

ed.png

.loving this..

I see Banner as more Mctominay lite than Makelele. Davo would ve our closest to him.

My brothers been calling our Jack grealish for about a year now as well.

I'd be happy with that line up

28 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

.loving this..

I see Banner as more Mctominay lite than Makelele. Davo would ve our closest to him.

My brothers been calling our Jack grealish for about a year now as well.

I'd be happy with that line up

I suppose KB is more McT-lite but on the off chance young Kyle is reading then this may propel him upwards towards the holding qualities and distribution par excellence of Makelele.

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

I suppose KB is more McT-lite but on the off chance young Kyle is reading then this may propel him upwards towards the holding qualities and distribution par excellence of Makelele.

Let's hope Benny Hill isn't reading it 🤣🤣🤣 

4 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Let's hope Benny Hill isn't reading it 🤣🤣🤣 

I suppose not. BC has generally been excellent this season and some of the 5-0's could have been double figures if it wasn't for him and a few penalty saves too ,but last week was a comedy. A one off I'm sure.

27 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I suppose not. BC has generally been excellent this season and some of the 5-0's could have been double figures if it wasn't for him and a few penalty saves too ,but last week was a comedy. A one off I'm sure.

Yes 100% agree.... it's the poorest I've seen Blair playing for a long time...just gutted it had to come against Annan & the way the league table is now...plus it was a 4 hour miserable round trip & i was soaked to the skin....every confidence in him putting it behind him 

I think this is the first time City will have come up against any of our former players, since our troubles began!

It will be disappointing to see Callum Crane and Kieran Offord playing against us tomorrow, but it is what it is! 😕 

I think the last game at Meadowbank was just after most of our senior team walked away, and these young lads weren't ready then. 

We'll see what happens this time, but we're getting there and hopeful we can nick a draw here.

14 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I think this is the first time City will have come up against any of our former players, since our troubles began!

It will be disappointing to see Callum Crane and Kieran Offord playing against us tomorrow, but it is what it is! 😕 

I think the last game at Meadowbank was just after most of our senior team walked away, and these young lads weren't ready then. 

We'll see what happens this time, but we're getting there and hopeful we can nick a draw here.

Yes your young lads did well that day...you took a 1-0 lead against us & we got a fortunate equaliser just before half time to go in level...the young lads tired a little bit & we managed 3-1 in the end...was happy with the result... another wet day as i recall...but fair play to your lads & your supporters 👏 

I wish you well in the future, obviously not so much when we meet 🤣 but all other times...hopefully you will get a bit of stability & direction for next season...👍 

I will settle for 3-1 for the bino's tomorrow again...Carrick, Offord & Cooper on the scoresheet....Callum Crane is turning into a great signing for us & young Kieran Offord has plenty of potential to not only help us but going further in the game 🇵🇪

Edited by Beepee67

Would like to see Crane in CM today - and Milne alongside him. I still maintain he was a big reason why the first half performance at Annan last week was so positive, so I'd like to see someone next to him who can mask his flaws. Almost certainly won't happen, but that's my wish list. This is a match we'll likely see plenty of the ball - so let's have players who can do something with it (i.e - not Kyle Banner)

19 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Would like to see Crane in CM today - and Milne alongside him. I still maintain he was a big reason why the first half performance at Annan last week was so positive, so I'd like to see someone next to him who can mask his flaws. Almost certainly won't happen, but that's my wish list. This is a match we'll likely see plenty of the ball - so let's have players who can do something with it (i.e - not Kyle Banner)

DY''s predicted line up 

Lewis Milne 🙈

10 other's 

13 hours ago, Tenkay said:

It will be disappointing to see Callum Crane and Kieran Offord against us tomorrow, but it is what it is! 😕 

Second time I think.  Shanley was one of the 5 changes Falkirk made at half time when we were beating them 2-0.

Agree, It’ll be really weird particularly seeing Craney playing against us for how long he was with the club.