The Motherwell Football and Athletic Club Limited vs Celtic - 25th feb

26 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Please provide a detailed explanation as to why you consider that you wanted Motherwell to win more than Motherwell fans in the stadium?

It's something to do die-hard staunchness.

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

“seethe”. Dearie me.

I take pedantic grammar die hards getting upset at my poor language choices as a positive. 

26 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Please provide a detailed explanation as to why you consider that you wanted Motherwell to win more than Motherwell fans in the stadium?

This is pretty simple. If Motherwell had won then their fans would have been crazy happy, huge result, can talk about it for time but from a Rangers fan perspective if celtc had dropped points that would have properly cemented our title race, it was a throwaway remark designed to have a cheap dig but it's fair to say no matter how much you dislike the idea Rangers fans were glued to the screen cheering on your team. 

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s been widely reported as being a condescending comment and demeaning towards Jane Lewis.

There is no need for that behaviour in this day and age.

Is anyone really surprised though ? I’ve always thought the guy came across as an obnoxious w****r.

The comment clearly shouldn’t have been made by Rodgers and he’s likely going to have to apologise for it however why is it ok for you and many others to continually misgender Brendan Rodgers? Surely there is no need for that in this day and age also?

On 02/01/2024 at 18:19, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nice touch by Brenda to put Yang on to even it up at 10 players each.

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I take pedantic grammar die hards getting upset at my poor language choices as a positive. 

This is pretty simple. If Motherwell had won then their fans would have been crazy happy, huge result, can talk about it for time but from a Rangers fan perspective if celtc had dropped points that would have properly cemented our title race, it was a throwaway remark designed to have a cheap dig but it's fair to say no matter how much you dislike the idea Rangers fans were glued to the screen cheering on your team. 

Ok fair enough if it was meant as a throwaway remark rather than a genuine belief 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The comment clearly shouldn’t have been made by Rodgers and he’s likely going to have to apologise for it however why is it ok for you and many others to continually misgender Brendan Rodgers? Surely there is no need for that in this day and age also?

Oooft. Is that really your best comeback? Your club's manager has just outed himself as a thin skinned fraud and a sexist p***k. Another unwanted and unwelcome fool. Maybe him and Warnock could form a support group. Or maybe just a support dyad. Pair of fucking melts. 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Trust it to have been you to trawl through previous posts to find a spelling mistake to defend Brendan Rodgers sexist comments. 

I’m not surprised at all Jinky. It had to be you.

4 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Oooft. Is that really your best comeback? Your club's manager has just outed himself as a thin skinned fraud and a sexist p***k. Another unwanted and unwelcome fool. Maybe him and Warnock could form a support group. Or maybe just a support dyad. Pair of fucking melts. 

It wasn’t a comeback mate, it was clearly a question 🙂

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Trust it to have been you to trawl through previous posts to find a spelling mistake to defend Brendan Rodgers sexist comments. 

I’m not surprised at all Jinky. It had to be you.

Considering your reputation on here for frequently making things up, I don’t buy that…sorry. I just hope it being pointed out makes you do better, just like Brendan Rodgers will have to do better.

Also sure me saying directly to you that the comment shouldn’t have been made and he will have to apologise for it is the opposite of me defending him mate, i would have thought that was pretty obvious

Edited by Jinky67

9 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's sad that some will defend this based on which team they support.

It's sad that some will condemn it based on which team they support.

Horrendous from Rodgers.

I have defended Rodgers often this season but  he's a cock for saying that. He could have made his excuses and just left with the 'write our own story' sound bite but considering Jane was never steering down the other narrative and he brought it up without being coerced it shows the pressure has been getting to him. I know he should never act that way to her but we won ffs with a fair bit of credit to his somewhat controversial change at HT take the plaudits and stop being bitter.

31 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Fairytale stuff again at Paradise, could bring a tear to your eye.

I would be greeting as well tbh if I turned up at Parkhead and found  out we were playing away instead.

Edited by gannonball

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would be greeting as well tbh if I turned up at Parkhead and found  out we were playing away instead.

That would be infuriating tbf.

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I'm just going overboard on sentiment after an enjoyable weekend football wise, hospitality at my local team Stirling Albion yesterday with cracking food and drink to go with a 4-0 win, Celtic win in stoppage time albeit after a ropey performance especially in the first half then home to see Liverpool,  my favourite English team win the League cup with a 120th minute winner, also got a £300 coupon up yesterday so, now to finish the weekend in style with a Steak Pie supper 😎

image.jpeg.2148dfae242e5877e71b3f89818d041b.jpeg

I assume the fact he'd clearly been practicing the wee "we make our own story" speech in the mirror all week, assuming he'd leave on that note with everyone in awe of his wisdom, led to him getting tetchy when the questions kept coming afterwards.

An absolute weirdo who'll be cracking "jokes" about getting a statue if you win the title soon, only to genuinely get offended if you dont do it.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

He is trying to create a siege mentality but is failing pretty badly.

As you say,  that's what he's trying to do, but if there's one club in World football that doesn't need to cultivate a victim/seige complex its Celtic.

Idah took his goals well, and boy (scuse the pun) were they needed.

Pure relief and joy for both his goals, he’ll have enjoyed the fan’s reaction. 
A much needed injection of subs in the second half gave us the impetus to push Motherwell back towards their goal. 
There’s a calmness when CCV is on the pitch and he certainly has the ability to stem the opposition’s attacks. 
Hopefully we take confidence in that result and start our foot race to the league title.