DUFC v Airdrie - 27/02/2024

1109 on matchday and no thread. The apathy is palpable...

Feels like another game United should win but will struggle. Airdrie will probably score first then it's just a case if we can pull off another comeback. I don't think Raith will win so we should be looking to increase the gap at the top.

Airdrie have lost last two, I see. Form dip? Injuries? Bad luck? What's the script Diamonds?

We were on a high until the Hearts cup game. We looked leggy against Ayr with 3 bad defensive errors costing us the game then 2 down after 11 min against Morton on Saturday. Personally I'd bite your hand off for a point tonight! Looking forward to this, haven't been up at Tannadice since the days of Ivan Golac! I see there's a no parking zone around the stadium. Any hints on the most convenient places to park for away fans?? Cheers in advance!

8 minutes ago, CHEMOMAN said:

I'd bite your hand off for a point tonight

Very much this. A point tonight to stem the dip in form would be very welcome going into what is a season defining run of games against the teams we need to finish above if we are to extend our stay in this league. I would go with Gal up front but others probably disagree. 

19 minutes ago, CHEMOMAN said:

We were on a high until the Hearts cup game. We looked leggy against Ayr with 3 bad defensive errors costing us the game then 2 down after 11 min against Morton on Saturday. Personally I'd bite your hand off for a point tonight! Looking forward to this, haven't been up at Tannadice since the days of Ivan Golac! I see there's a no parking zone around the stadium. Any hints on the most convenient places to park for away fans?? Cheers in advance!

If you’re heading back west then anywhere from Clepington Rd out towards the Kingsway.  You’ll be on the wrong side of the ground, but it’s not far.  Closer to Tannadice than Clepington Rd is a no-parking zone. 

Parking on the streets behind the Centenary usually not too bad if you’re early enough, and you’ll get away reasonably quickly.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

If you’re heading back west then anywhere from Clepington Rd out towards the Kingsway.  You’ll be on the wrong side of the ground, but it’s not far.  Closer to Tannadice than Clepington Rd is a no-parking zone. 

Parking on the streets behind the Centenary usually not too bad if you’re early enough, and you’ll get away reasonably quickly.

Agreed, we got parked behind there at quarter to 3 in Saturday mind you and there was still a few spots. Definitely try towards Fairmuir park way too within reasonable walking distance.

6 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Feels like another game United should win but will struggle. Airdrie will probably score first then it's just a case if we can pull off another comeback. I don't think Raith will win so we should be looking to increase the gap at the top.

Airdrie have lost last two, I see. Form dip? Injuries? Bad luck? What's the script Diamonds?

Uncharacteristic defensive clusterfucks. Presented three goals to Ayr with a bow on them and at the weekend messed about with the defence and it looked like no one knew what they were meant to be doing - by the time we did, too late and two down. We’re honking away from home, struggle to score, struggle when we go behind, so really expecting absolutely nothing from this. Apart from that - all good 👍🏻 

Edited by She who dares gins

1 minute ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Anyone know how to get buy stream for tonight? DUTV isn’t the clearest, UK monthly says it only covers audio. International monthly covers video, but will that be available in the UK for tonight I’m guessing? 

It’s okay I’ve got it, there was another link at the top! 🙈

10 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Didn't go to the game. Considered paying for the PPV, but decided to do some work instead.