Todays scores 2/3

1 hour ago, archieb said:

Pollok 3 Arthurlie 1

Forde 73

Utter dross from us today. Gifted Pollok 3 goals when they weren't really threatening us (they were the better team though) while offering nothing in attack with 1 shot on target over the 90. Manager needs to look at himself for changing how we played from last week to this and the lack of changes, making only 2 changes, 1 was enforced over the 90 while loosing is baffling.

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

fu-kin-hell. 

Saw it was 4-2 Beith and assumed that was that until now. 

The titles there for the taking for Talbot....

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

The titles there for the taking for Talbot....

for the first time this season I think that it's become a realistic possibility rather than just a pipe dream.

I can't believe so many teams ahead of us have dropped enough points to let us back in with a sniff. Even the likes of Pollok could see a way back into it because of the collapses at the top end. 

if we keep doing what we've been doing since new year we'll be there or thereabouts. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

for the first time this season I think that it's become a realistic possibility rather than just a pipe dream.

I can't believe so many teams ahead of us have dropped enough points to let us back in with a sniff. Even the likes of Pollok could see a way back into it because of the collapses at the top end. 

if we keep doing what we've been doing since new year we'll be there or thereabouts. 

Not a chance we are involved. 
We have been better the last few games but not consistent enough to put together a run of wins.

11 games to play and only 2 of them are against teams currently below us. So we will likely have a big say in where the league goes but if we finish top 8 after the way the middle of this season has went that would be an achievement. 

Talbot look the form team at the minute who will join in with Beith and Darvel as the 3 likely to be in the mix. 
Would be surprised if anyone else ended up top. 

15 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Utter dross from us today. Gifted Pollok 3 goals when they weren't really threatening us (they were the better team though) while offering nothing in attack with 1 shot on target over the 90. Manager needs to look at himself for changing how we played from last week to this and the lack of changes, making only 2 changes, 1 was enforced over the 90 while loosing is baffling.

Yet to predict an Arthurlie result, let alone a correct score. It must be murder being a supporter. FWIW I hope you stay up.

Edited by jimbaxters

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

Looking at the table, Beith are still definitely firm favourites. They are the current champions, have been over the course before and know how to get over the line. 

Talbot are very much the underdogs.............

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Looking at the table, Beith are still definitely firm favourites. They are the current champions, have been over the course before and know how to get over the line. 

Tongue in cheek?! 

where are all the tucker haters now from start of season who wanted him to go! Looking at the table they could go on and win it, some turnaround after their start to the season 

52 minutes ago, Fabi said:

Tongue in cheek?! 

where are all the tucker haters now from start of season who wanted him to go! Looking at the table they could go on and win it, some turnaround after their start to the season 

In all seriousness, there's a lot of matches still to be played. Bankies are currently doing what Talbot were at the start of the season, losing by the odd goal so they could start winning again. Although they're running out of games and have probably played all their cards in terms of signings.

Said on another thread that Talbot have three consecutive huge games coming up against St. Cadoc's, Darvel and Beith. Let's see what happens there, then we'll talk 😉. Whatever happens, Sir Thomas Sloan is an utter hero!

As always, the caveat is that I'm only going on results as I don't see the games.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Dog Eye Roll GIF by Rover.com

7 hours ago, Fabi said:

Tongue in cheek?! 

To be fair the vast majority of Talbot fans were fully behind Tucker.