Dunup v Aberdoon

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Are we expecting the usual large travelling Aberdeen support.

Or are they in 'Nah, f**k that' mode?

On Saturday in Paisley we witnessed one of the lowest ever Aberdeen visiting support.

We have played Aberdeen many times in Paisley either midweek or early kick offs and they carried a much greater away support despite the challenge of the KO time. 

When it gets to the “must win” games near the end of the season (if they remain very close to the play off spot) I’d imagine crowds will increase to support the team. 

30 minutes ago, Molotov said:

On Saturday in Paisley we witnessed one of the lowest ever Aberdeen visiting support.

We have played Aberdeen many times in Paisley either midweek or early kick offs and they carried a much greater away support despite the challenge of the KO time. 

When it gets to the “must win” games near the end of the season (if they remain very close to the play off spot) I’d imagine crowds will increase to support the team. 

Yes, I don’t mind admitting Aberdeen have a good support that stands by their team.  Pretty good vocal support as well.

Not like the other half of what was the New Firm.   They disappear whenever the going gets tough.  That’s not simply my opinion as the 1,940 for the Doon Derby is evidence of that.  A chance to get behind their team to avoid relegation at Dens and most were content to sit at home just in case the result didn’t go their way.  

On 03/03/2024 at 15:05, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd be playing players who will be here next season and setting a foundation:

Carson

McGhee Astley Shaughnessy Lamie Beck

Mulligan Sylla McCowan

Main Mellon

Thank you.

Have you got Mellon next season too mate? If so that’s a result. 

12 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Yes, I don’t mind admitting Aberdeen have a good support that stands by their team.  Pretty good vocal support as well.

Not like the other half of what was the New Firm.   They disappear whenever the going gets tough.  That’s not simply my opinion as the 1,940 for the Doon Derby is evidence of that.  A chance to get behind their team to avoid relegation at Dens and most were content to sit at home just in case the result didn’t go their way.  

Not sure how many will be in Dundee, but I would imagine loads of folk who were down for the original match won't be there.

The crowd on Saturday will shock a few. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure how many will be in Dundee, but I would imagine loads of folk who were down for the original match won't be there.

I’m a bit surprised at that.  For all the criticism Warnock has received I still think he will achieve what he was brought in to do and save Aberdeen from relegation……….

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t make Wednesday after having had a ticket for the Xmas game. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can’t make Wednesday after having had a ticket for the Xmas game. 

I couldn't go at Christmas, but I am going to Dens on Wednesday. 

Manchester is a terrific place. The⁴ surroundings areas and town, not so much.

Enjoy, BSA. Bring thon wee cûnt Mainoo back up the road on loan fir next season.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can't make it, in Manchester for sightseeing/anniversary.

Thank you.

Manchester is a brilliant place to visit, get yourself up to Cloud 23 in the Beetham Tower, bit pricey for a cocktail but great views. 

20200911_174652.thumb.jpg.58a2b0a561b112f72b7dee3cefb060be.jpg

And the view from the loo.

20200911_180156.thumb.jpg.4db16c1c49a2e61d7bf9dcb027166ed3.jpg