Cove Rangers vs Falkirk

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

I don’t think the referee could tell one way of the other. And by the time the linesman watched the ball being kicked forward then looked at the line (where Burrell was advancing beyond the Falkirk back line), Burrell would look offside.

I hate VAR but I guess that’s the principle reason for that technology.

Unlucky, and as much as I detest Hartley, I really mean it.

I get what you're saying. Would've been hard to tell but surely there's something that can be done to help refs with that without VAR being in. I remember watching Partick vs Dunfermline A few weeks ago and Dunfermline's second looked offside at first but was just a brilliantly timed run 50/50 with those decisions sometimes they go against you sometimes they go for you.

Edited by covefan97

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

One of the worst offside calls I’ve seen in a while that. Mackie’s definitely a red card too. After last year’s farcical penalty situation can’t say we haven’t had our fair share of luck this season! 

8A34A9CA-BA24-4AF4-94F6-17AE9FB25AAB.png

I don't think it's given because of burrell. When the ball is punted back in niang is offside and could of went for it, but burell did. Also looked zero complaints from the players either. 

26 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Can't say I'm overcome with guilt about the disallowed goal, considering Cove should've been down to ten men after about 35 minutes.

Assume you're on about niang another one of Hartley's signings who aren't any good not been impressed by him at all

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

IMG_8448.png

Aye that looked a bad tackle in the highlights. In a higher league that's a sending off, not helped by the fact that the covering defender is out wide.

If burrell goes round him to his right he's through 1v1 so he's last man as well. Mackie lucky to stay on the park there imo. 

On 06/03/2024 at 15:03, FFC 1876 said:

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

IMG_8448.png

We get a straight red against Cove for arguably a better tackle with less height and Dave McKay got a four match ban when it wasn't overturned. 

Does look very fortunate from this angle.

52 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

We get a straight red against Cove for arguably a better tackle with less height and Dave McKay got a four match ban when it wasn't overturned. 

Does look very fortunate from this angle.

My frame doesn't do it any favours as he does come down slightly just before he wins the ball but it was a lunge and Burrell was through on goal if he never made the foul.

Ref let Niang away with murder so in that regard he was consistent, he blew for the foul straight away with Connell then scudding the bar so would have been carnage had Connell's strike actually went in.