The play-off race  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The top two is settled, but every other place is still up in the air. Partick look favourites for 3rd, and Arbroath favourites for last. The other 6 teams have little between them, any of them could conceivably finish 4th or 9th. 

I fancy Morton to make it so long as we get Oakley back pronto, if we don't I can see us missing out, but don't see us getting dragged into the relegation race unless there's a dramatic collapse.

Edited by Jives Miguel

If we get into the promotion play offs I will buy Jives Miguel one moderately priced two course dinner at a casual dining restaurant.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If we get into the promotion play offs I will buy Jives Miguel one moderately priced two course dinner at a casual dining restaurant.

He'll start 6 new threads about this if it occurs.

Each one will have a poll.

Edited by cb_diamond

If we don't find a way to score goals without Oakley we won't make it, considering that Imrie has said a return by the end of March is the best case scenario. Pretty staggering statistics with and without him.

Oakley in the starting XI: P17 W10 D3 L4 F29 A14

Oakley not in the starting XI: P10 W0 D4 L6 F5 A17

Title challenging form with him, definite relegation form without him.

1 hour ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Airdrie

The last three results have given us a bit of breathing space, if we can get 2 wins and a draw from our final 10 games you would need 3 wins and 3 draws from your last 9 (or results which give you 12 points) to finish above us, which could certainly happen but more realistic to finish above Dunfermline I would think, if we can avoid defeat on Saturday then you would only have 8 games to get those results.

17 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

If we don't find a way to score goals without Oakley we won't make it, considering that Imrie has said a return by the end of March is the best case scenario. Pretty staggering statistics with and without him.

Oakley in the starting XI: P17 W10 D3 L4 F29 A14

Oakley not in the starting XI: P10 W0 D4 L6 F5 A17

Title challenging form with him, definite relegation form without him.

Aye, always said your striker and your goalkeeper will win or lose you 20 points a season. Luckily for us Oakley is only a couple weeks from returning. Biggest worry for me is how much of a dip we've seen in Blues, Muirhead, Crawford and O'Connor especially this past week. These are the players you need to step up when we're missing other keys players and they haven't, if they do we'll make the playoffs.

A week ago I’d have said we had an outside chance to make the promotion play-offs but now we are more likely to be in the relegation one.

Brown is trying to implement a style of play we don’t have the players for and bending the players we do have to try and suit it rather than the other way around. Unless he changes his approach, we just need to avoid disaster and hope the rebuild he does in the summer is above half decent 

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A week ago I’d have said we had an outside chance to make the promotion play-offs but now we are more likely to be in the relegation one.

Brown is trying to implement a style of play we don’t have the players for and bending the players we do have to try and suit it rather than the other way around. Unless he changes his approach, we just need to avoid disaster and hope the rebuild he does in the summer is above half decent 

Problem is, if we go with the style of play the players are capable of/used to, it's just a regeneration of Bullen.  Shitfest ourselves to safety and it's a factory reset in the summer.

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Problem is, if we go with the style of play the players are capable of/used to, it's just a regeneration of Bullen.  Shitfest ourselves to safety and it's a factory reset in the summer.

If he went back to how we were in his first three games, obviously Reading is out, We were a lot better, he then started dropping folk, changing things and we started to slide and go from being compact and hard to break down to conceding 7 goals in 3 games and not having a shot at goal in our last game. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

If he went back to how we were in his first three games, obviously Reading is out, We were a lot better, he then started dropping folk, changing things and we started to slide and go from being compact and hard to break down to conceding 7 goals in 3 games and not having a shot at goal in our last game. 

Defence wise, we've lost McAllister to an injury, Stanger suspension and illness, which meant McAllister was rushed back. Reading to an injury, Mutch to an injury so it has been very patchy with Tomlinson RB and Musonda LB. Lost Chalmers to an injury and just coming back now, although has been out of form.