The race for Europe Kilmarnock v St Mirren 16/03/2024

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Their defence also seemed to let Watson do a sort-of karaoke version of Maradona's 2nd goal against England in 1986. 

😆 That's a great description of it.

Still, inject this into my veins this morning 🙂

Edited by Lurkst

10 hours ago, Boring Bob said:

Plus, it gave us a great view of them sneaking out as the goals cascaded in! On further reflection, by the time the fourth went in, they were not sneaking out, they were piling out in biblical quantities. Marvellous!

Whilst it’s very old fashioned and I can’t remember the last time we did it (not even against Sevco in 2019 I don’t think) the “cheerio” chants today at 4-2 were glorious.

16 hours ago, Ric said:

I'll not lie, this is going better than I hoped.

I'll not lie, this did not go as I had hoped.

This result just shows you the classic highs and lows of being a provincial club. We have a brilliant comeback against Aberdeen, Aberdeen then beat Killie in the cup, then Killie have a brilliant comeback against us. You just have to laugh at the way things work out.

Ultimately, the only real disappointment is the goal difference, a few weeks ago, we were just behind Killie in 4th, the other week we jumped ahead of them, and now we've fallen behind. They have a harder game than us next league fixture so it's possible next week we will see the situation reverse. Does make you wonder if Killie would have preferred the cup win than this league one.

Got to say, I did have a laugh at people taking a dig on social media at Robinson's line up, who were then left eating their words come half time only for them to suddenly flip-flop back to hating again.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Derek back in his spiritual home of 4th place. 

Aberdeen fans all over St Mirren threads, it's pretty embarrassing at this point imo.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Greenie for taking the screamingly obvious bait. Well done. 

Yes, you did swallow it, and quickly too. I'm impressed how quickly you were ensnared. You really should have seen the "imo" and realised you were walking into bait.

How's the battle for 10th going? I hear you finally won a league game. I'm proud of you lads, well done.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yes, you did swallow it, and quickly too. I'm impressed how quickly you were ensnared. You really should have seen the "imo" and realised you were walking into bait.

How's the battle for 10th going? I hear you finally won a league game. I'm proud of you lads, well done.

You’re not very good at this unfortunately. 

Battle for 10th isn’t going too well though as we find ourselves in 9th. 

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

You took 4 minutes to write "nah, you..."

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Greenie for taking the screamingly obvious bait. Well done. 

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yes, you did swallow it, and quickly too.

😂 

That’s enough now. Have a good day

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Derek back in his spiritual home of 4th place. 

Whereas your actual place is 9th. And this "you took the bait" patter is most tiresome. Begone. This thread is for box office teams. And yes, i am aware you beat us in the cup. Well done. 

Just watched the highlights. Fantastic comeback by the Pies.

Difficult to understand wtf St Mirren did in that 2nd half, lots of the goals should have been easily defended. 

Surprised the site is still up......

38 minutes ago, Fide said:

Whereas your actual place is 9th. And this "you took the bait" patter is most tiresome. Begone. This thread is for box office teams. And yes, i am aware you beat us in the cup. Well done. 

I think Aberdeen fans are a sound enough bunch, but recently, there’s been a fair bit from certain Dons & Dundee fans who simply post something slagging St Mirren (which is fair enough as we did it to them), then when they get a response… ‘Ah, too easy, got you, easy bites, toddle along old chap’.

Fcuking minter. It’s a fitba’ forum, a good one. Just post normally and join in the banter that goes backwards and forwards. Give it a rest with the ‘fishing for bites’ patter. It’s genuinely tiresome.

Best just to crack on giving us the dug’s abuse we fully deserve. It’s our turn this week, it was Aberdeen’s turn last week.

Edited by pozbaird

Just watched the Sportscene highlights, which was as hard a watch as I thought it would be. Just wondering, can anyone remember another game where seven goals went in at one end of the ground, and none at the other?

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just watched the Sportscene highlights, which was as hard a watch as I thought it would be. Just wondering, can anyone remember another game where seven goals went in at one end of the ground, and none at the other?

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Eh? Same end? …seven goals at the one end where both teams scored? 😎

Most notable thing about that video, other than the goals obviously, is there appears to be no real segregation. Also, at the start, when the Hibs player takes the throw in, looks like he just receives a few shouts towards him. That takes place these days and he’ll take that throw in to at the very least, a backdrop of bright red faces screaming abuse, and probably a coin or ten launched towards him. Other noticeable thing was that Hibs strips don’t get any better than that one. Classic. Just needs a club crest on it for absolute perfection IMHO. 

Edited by pozbaird