Semi Final: Rangers vs Hearts

49 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Anything to say about the playlist? 

Eh, I think Bennett covered it well earlier in the thread. Nothing more I can say really or that is worth repeating other than condemning it.

5 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

sectraian singing minutes after Barasic crosses himself coming onto the pitch.....he must feel so welcome within the Rangers family

The songs sung by rangers fans are tame in comparison to the ones you’ll hear at the average football match in Croatia (that’s not a defence of the rangers songbook btw) 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Thought Balogun was excellent today. Best player on the park after a big call from Clement to drop Goldson.

Cantwell, Diomande and Sterling also pretty decent and Butland makes two great saves when called upon.

Really need to be more clinical though, particularly late on where we created a good two or three opportunities to get a third but we lack a real killer instinct.

Relatively even game, I just felt we turned the screw a bit more in the periods we were on top than Hearts could manage in the periods they were.

Sima going off so early is a concern and I hope it’s not a recurrence of his previous thigh injury.

Your number 42 was the best performance on the park he was doing to Hearts what we usually expect Hearts to do to other teams

Was a dull game, not interesting enough to keep my attention the whole way through and I only had it on in the 2nd half. I didn't expect Hearts to do better, but I wanted them to. I've seen that game play out a million times. I gave up when Dessers scored the 2nd. The defending for both goals was terrible.

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Your number 42 was the best performance on the park he was doing to Hearts what we usually expect Hearts to do to other teams

Aye that was Diomande. He played well, just felt he faded a little in the second half and was blowing a bit before he was subbed.

Someone more technically minded than me needs to get Silva’s late dive onto a .gif 

Clean through on goal, no one within 5 yards and he goes down looking for a penalty instead of taking the shot. A total fraud. 

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Definitely not biting.

....or bothered

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

I was on your side FFS.  I genuinely felt sorry for you being a Hibby.

40 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Someone more technically minded than me needs to get Silva’s late dive onto a .gif 

Clean through on goal, no one within 5 yards and he goes down looking for a penalty instead of taking the shot. A total fraud. 

I'll be glad to see the back of him, his antics are beyond ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye that was Diomande. He played well, just felt he faded a little in the second half and was blowing a bit before he was subbed.

Well he'd put in a hell of a shift he seemed to be everywhere

Anyway we went to the Museum of Modern Art on Queen Street and had a nice, Italian meal for lunch so the day out in Glasgow wasn't a total write off

The NHOTB + RAD installation on the ground floor is worth a look if you happen to be on Queen Street and Sam Ainsley's exhibition is another highlight

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Was it not just a case of him failing to sort his feet out as the pass from Dessers was kind of straight at him instead of in front of him to take in his stride rather than a dive looking for a penalty? At the match he didn’t seem to be appealing for anything, he just had his head in his hands for presumably spurning a great opportunity to score.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

At 0-0 that’s got tavpen all over it

17 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

FWIW I thought Naismith got it pretty spot on today. Decision making in the final third and perhaps not trying to force more set pieces cost them as they comfortably matched Rangers despite the set back of conceding early.

Have you seen Hearts' set pieces? 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Was it not just a case of him failing to sort his feet out as the pass from Dessers was kind of straight at him instead of in front of him to take in his stride rather than a dive looking for a penalty? At the match he didn’t seem to be appealing for anything, he just had his head in his hands for presumably spurning a great opportunity to score.

Not a chance you have watched the clip back and thought he was sorting out his feet. Wild take.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Sorry to say it looks to me like he's anticipating a touch from a Hearts defender and goes down.  

He's probably not anticipating the Hearts defenders to be in a different postcode to him, tbf.

Daft dive aside, i'm more angry that our striker who was on a hat trick in a semi final at Hampden has decided to square it.  Useless c*nt.

18 minutes ago, MariusZaliukas said:

Not a chance you have watched the clip back and thought he was sorting out his feet. Wild take.

I’ve not watched it back though. I was basing it on seeing it at the game. It looked as though the ball was played at him rather than in front for him to take it in his stride and It didn’t seem like Silva was claiming for anything. He just seemed to lie on the deck after it with his hands on his head as if he’d fucked up a sitter.

12 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Sorry to say it looks to me like he's anticipating a touch from a Hearts defender and goes down.  

He's probably not anticipating the Hearts defenders to be in a different postcode to him, tbf.

Daft dive aside, i'm more angry that our striker who was on a hat trick in a semi final at Hampden has decided to square it.  Useless c*nt.

Fair enough. If so, it’s a ridiculous decision considering there didn’t appear to be anyone near him to anticipate a touch from.

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Silva may have been less than entirely honest but I was a lot more sceptical about Rabbi matondo

I reckon he's probably not even Jewish

You can't trust anyone these days

That made me laugh more than it should have. Shame on you. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Hahahahahah. No. Seriously. Get a grip 😂😂

Even being charitable and saying that's the issue, you don't fling your arms up if you're sorting your feet. You use them to regain balance rather than further put your gravity off-center and falling.

How broken must your brain must be as a striker if your first reaction is to dive rather than try and finish it.