Semi Final: Rangers vs Hearts

19 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

being charitable and saying that's the issue, you don't fling your arms up if you're sorting your feet. You use them to regain balance rather than further put your gravity off-center and falling.

It's the arms that are the giveaway. If you are naturally falling, your arms instinctively go down to break your fall, they never ever go up unless it's to help you regain balance, something a diving footballer never does. This is something that I wish referees (and now VARs) would think about when deciding on penalty decisions 

36 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Hahahahahah. No. Seriously. Get a grip 😂😂

Even being charitable and saying that's the issue, you don't fling your arms up if you're sorting your feet. You use them to regain balance rather than further put your gravity off-center and falling.

How broken must your brain must be as a striker if your first reaction is to dive rather than try and finish it.

13 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

It's the arms that are the giveaway. If you are naturally falling, your arms instinctively go down to break your fall, they never ever go up unless it's to help you regain balance, something a diving footballer never does. This is something that I wish referees (and now VARs) would think about when deciding on penalty decisions 

Like I said, from seeing it in real time perhaps as he never claimed for a foul is what led me to think it wasn’t an attempt to con the referee.

If it genuinely was, it would be ridiculous in the extreme considering nobody was near him.

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

Like I said, from seeing it in real time perhaps as he never claimed for a foul is what led me to think it wasn’t an attempt to con the referee.

If it genuinely was, it would be ridiculous in the extreme considering nobody was near him.

He never attempted to claim for it because he realised he'd had a fucking disaster.

I said previously I wanted to make Rangers earn it if they won and ultimately I don't think they did. You can't get away with defending like that, it's criminal.

However, switching off twice aside, I thought we recovered well enough from the goal and were ok up until the 2nd. After that we got scrappy and too open and despite nearly scoring, could easily have lost more. We had good passages of pressure but weren't clinical and it's cost us.

The Shankland header feels like a sliding doors moment, this season these have been going in, yesterday it's the wrong side of the post. 

Felt sorry for Tait in tears at the end. It was his mistake for the 2nd but he was trying to be positive, you can't be annoyed at youngsters for trying to do the right thing. One of his team mates should've blootered Cantwell and taken the yellow anyway to cover him.

Overall disappointed, but it doesn't feel as bad as the LC semi which was just abject. We were competitive enough, just lacked composure at the right moments.

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Felt sorry for Tait in tears at the end. It was his mistake for the 2nd but he was trying to be positive, you can't be annoyed at youngsters for trying to do the right thing. One of his team mates should've blootered Cantwell and taken the yellow anyway to cover him.

Agree with this. As he pushed forward my mate next to me shouted "That's the game, son", and I murmured my agreement, just as he lost the ball.

We'd been crying out for someone to do that, and he's just unlucky the way it unfolded. Someone should have taken the booking. Two really poor goals.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Yeah when I first commented about him diving I was joking, because surely not, but the hands up in the replay make it look bad.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fabio silva is probably my favourite rangers player 

It's a toss up between him and C*ntwell. Two diving barstewards whose coupons you'd gladly slap.

On 22/04/2024 at 13:42, DG.Roma said:

Not defending him, but surely you can switch that about

If you are diving then you'll put your hands out knowing your gonna hit the deck, if you are fouled you wont have time to throw your arms out to brace your fall

19 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Suppose the upside of getting emptied in the semi, not having to return to that shit-tip in the middle of a shit-tip with shite transport options.

I forgot what a shit stadium it is. I have been to 4 Roman amphitheatres in the last year and Hampden isn't much more advanced 

On 21/04/2024 at 17:14, WeeMentalDavie said:

Hearts not shit the bed v their big cousins challenge - impossible 

Pisses me off too mate, I wish we could play you lot every week...

On 21/04/2024 at 17:47, Judy Murray said:

hearts are too much of a parochial outfit to give rangers a game at hampden tbqh

That's how we feel about Hibs playing us at Hampden too 😎

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I forgot what a shit stadium it is. I have been to 4 Roman amphitheatres in the last year and Hampden isn't much more advanced 

The Roman Arenas in Verona, Arles and Orange are better than Hampden

So I don't know which shithole amphitheatres you've been going to

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)