Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

1 hour ago, well again said:

The same as chick young being a rangers fan , have you ever listened to the squeaky voiced little virgin

Ah jealousy!

Don't think the voluptuous Jane Lake sent the night on the couch inbetween getting photographed around Glasgow Parks in her swimwear for the Evening Times . F#ck knows what special talent he has.

Didn't engage with this at all. I take it Celtic bravely battled through again despite the massive establishment conspiracy against them which sees our sinister referees always favouring the opposition? If so, inspiring stuff from the underdogs which will please their glory starved fans. 

Surprising result given the absolute apathy (read dread) from the whole city towards this game. The defending for all of Celtic's goals was absolutely terrible, but special mention goes to the defender who lifted his foot to let Forrest's goal in at the far post. Bamboozling decision.

I don't know what the rules are, but putting your foot in between the defender and the ball when he's about to kick it shouldn't make it a foul to you. It would have been superb had it been given tbf, and I'd love to see a dodgy penalty given to a diddy against one of the cheeks. There is as much chance of that happening as Celtic fans with irish surnames recognising the absurdity of clinging to a mythical cultural identity and just admitting that they like supporting a winning team, and cosplaying as an oppressed people. 

Anyway, I hope the dandies have a fine journey home, and that the Celtic supporters buses get their booze taken off them.

4 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Never saw the match but I totally agree, Joe Hart is an absolute c**t 

Cannot stand him either, arrogant fucker!!

27 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

I'm not convinced that you have an understanding of the word 'precedent'. Previous penalty awards, or any other decision made on a football pitch, don't set precedents. 

If we want consistency, would we not expect an earlier almost identical foul to be considered in subsequent instances of pretty much the exact same foul?

Excellent game of football to be fair. Had a lot of action packed in. Defensive catastrophes, 6 goals, a penalty shootout and some talking points.

2 hours ago, well again said:

I don't believe you would have posted that if you lost today.

I posted it during the game as well, when the result was in the balance, so guess again.

Fair play to Aberdeen hardcore fans at Hampden today, one for following their team despite a difficult season and two the great reception they gave their team at the end of the penalty kicks.  Totally deserved.

7 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

He doesn't point at the spot. He has already blown for a foul, pointed at where the foul was committed and also then pointed up field to show it was against the Dons. This was going on before the CCV stuff. 

Go and watch the multiple camera angles. VAR had no need to look at it. 

You are correct that he gave a free-kick rather than a penalty, but he didn't do so before the Carter-Vickers challenge. He deliberately held the whistle because the ball was in an attacking area, which I would say is the right thing to do given the presence of VAR - it's similar to the assistant always delaying their flag.

Therefore VAR absolutely was entitled to look at it, it's literally the whole reason for the referee's initial delay. However, they would need to overturn the original foul decision before they checked for the penalty, and that's hard to do even for one as soft as that.

I think ultimately Aberdeen should have had a penalty, and there was a bit of justice done when they scored a couple of minutes later.

Edited by craigkillie

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never once seen a referee allow "play to develop" like that if they see a foul in the box on the defending side.

Not once since VAR came in.

Can remember it happening a couple of times in Hearts games. This Vargas one:

Also happened against Livingston last week where Cochrane was pushed over and the referee waited a few seconds until Gordon made a save with his legs before blowing the whistle. Not on the YouTube highlights but I'm pretty sure Sportscene had it.

I don't get the sense it's applied remotely consistently, mind.

Edited by DC92

Just now, DC92 said:

Can remember it happening a couple of times in Heart's games. This Vargas one:

Also happened against Livingston last week where Cochrane was pushed over and the referee waited a few seconds until Gordon made a save with his legs before blowing the whistle. Not on the YouTube highlights but I'm pretty sure Sportscene had it.

I don't get the sense it's applied remotely consistently, mind.

Again, thats not in the box, and a player was clean through.

Today it was in a crowded box.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I don't see how it being in or out of the box is relevant.

I'm not sure why you think it being in the box makes a difference. 

If anything, there's more reason to delay the decision in a "crowded box" because more can happen - and indeed, something did happen that led to a VAR review.

Just now, DC92 said:

I don't see how it being in or out of the box is relevant.

Because, my point was I've never seen a defender fouled in the box and play allowed to continue for multiple events to happen before its blown for.

So far people are just showing players fouled out the area and then a shot happening with seconds.

Because, my point was I've never seen a defender fouled in the box and play allowed to continue for multiple events to happen before its blown for.

Just because you've never seen it happen, it doesn't mean it can't.

Just now, The Master said:

I'm not sure why you think it being in the box makes a difference. 

If anything, there's more reason to delay the decision in a "crowded box" because more can happen - and indeed, something did happen that led to a VAR review.

I understand you're talking about rules being rules, but I'm saying I've never seen that particular method of referereing actually applied today.

There was about 3 examples in our previous game alone of a defender going down after an aerial foul and the ref blowing instantly despite an attacking moment coming from it.

Todays example of refereeing was a first for me.

Just now, The Master said:

Just because you've never seen it happen, it doesn't mean it can't.

Which is why I've asked for examples.

I understand you're talking about rules being rules, but I'm saying I've never seen that particular method of referereing actually applied today.

There was about 3 examples in our previous game alone of a defender going down after an aerial foul and the ref blowing instantly despite an attacking moment coming from it.

Todays example of refereeing was a first for me.

If the referee believes it to be a clear-cut decision, they'll still blow for a foul immediately, in the same way that assistants still flag immediately for blatant offsides.

The very fact people are arguing about whether it was or wasn't a foul tells you that it wasn't a clear-cut decision. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Which is why I've asked for examples.

You're unlikely to find examples, because you not only need a delayed decision but also something of note actually happening after it. Only then will it make it into highlights packages, and/or be remembered by people at the game.