30 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

This website man. 3 pages of people debating what they would and wouldn’t do in the situation someone spat them.

Bonnyrigg having a thread on Pie & Bovril that’s still only in single figures. Apparently it’s a bad thing. 

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Forget he’s a footballer. Some arsehole has chose to spit at him during a verbal altercation between them both. Hes reacted out of anger - albeit it wrongly - so a strong warning and public apology would cover things, imo. Let’s be honest, how many of us would turn and walk away if that happened to us, no matter how what the setting was.

But he is a footballer.  You can’t just remove factors from something because they might form part of a decision or outcome you don’t like.

The Bonnyrigg fan is definitely at fault because he’s ’started it’ so to speak. But Scullion doesn’t need to be there in the first place.  He doesn’t need to gesticulate the way he does.  And he certainly doesn’t need to respond in the same way.  It’s because he’s a footballer that he needs to turn and walk away, and whether many of us mere mortals would walk away or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.

This is just another sorry incident that some people are desperate to paint Clyde in as some sort of sorry victim.  There have been issues at numerous Clyde games this season.  They have an element who can’t behave and an element who can’t accept responsibility for moronic actions.  I’ll happily stand corrected if required but it’s absolutely no coincidence in my opinion that in several (maybe all) of the unacceptable incidents surrounding games this year, Clyde have been involved.  There’s a common denominator here.

12 minutes ago, NilNil said:

This is just another sorry incident that some people are desperate to paint Clyde in as some sort of sorry victim.  There have been issues at numerous Clyde games this season.  They have an element who can’t behave and an element who can’t accept responsibility for moronic actions.  I’ll happily stand corrected if required but it’s absolutely no coincidence in my opinion that in several (maybe all) of the unacceptable incidents surrounding games this year, Clyde have been involved.  There’s a common denominator here.

Pesky Clyde fans spitting on Liam Scullion! The cuddly Bonnyrigg fans would never…

23 minutes ago, NilNil said:

But he is a footballer.  You can’t just remove factors from something because they might form part of a decision or outcome you don’t like.

The Bonnyrigg fan is definitely at fault because he’s ’started it’ so to speak. But Scullion doesn’t need to be there in the first place.  He doesn’t need to gesticulate the way he does.  And he certainly doesn’t need to respond in the same way.  It’s because he’s a footballer that he needs to turn and walk away, and whether many of us mere mortals would walk away or not has absolutely nothing to do with it.

How on earth can you paint this as a Clyde issue 😂😂

Bonnyrigg fan spits on a Clyde player, Clyde player retaliates.  The end.

45 minutes ago, NilNil said:

That is a wild wild take

46 minutes ago, NilNil said:

No offence but this post is absolutely everything that’s honking in the discourse. Some wee Fanny has been giving it tight to him all game and when he gets a bit back he’s chosen to spit at the player. It’s utter cretin behaviour and saying Scullion doesn’t need to be there is trying to shift the blame onto him for someone spitting at him. The only way this argument works is if you somehow think that what Scullion has done deserves him being spat on, everything else is just a distraction from the bigger issue of fans thinking they can abuse and shout at players with no repercussions. Clyde fans being arguably one of the  worst for that I’ll admit. 

A few weeks ago folk were having a go at Clyde fans going mental for players celebrating in front of them and that was rightly called out as daft wee boy behaviour from the Clyde fans. This week an opposition fan spits on a Clyde player and it’s somehow the Clyde players fault 

Scullion retaliating is poor behaviour from him but somewhat understandable given the circumstances. The fans behaviour is odious and not understandable at all

Edited by Ocelot1877

25 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

No offence but this post is absolutely everything that’s honking in the discourse. Some wee Fanny has been giving it tight to him all game and when he gets a bit back he’s chosen to spit at the player. It’s utter cretin behaviour and saying Scullion doesn’t need to be there is trying to shift the blame onto him for someone spitting at him. The only way this argument works is if you somehow think that what Scullion has done deserves him being spat on, everything else is just a distraction from the bigger issue of fans thinking they can abuse and shout at players with no repercussions. Clyde fans being arguably one of the  worst for that I’ll admit. 

A few weeks ago folk were having a go at Clyde fans going mental for players celebrating in front of them and that was rightly called out as daft wee boy behaviour from the Clyde fans. This week an opposition fan spits on a Clyde player and it’s somehow the Clyde players fault 

Scullion retaliating is poor behaviour from him but somewhat understandable given the circumstances. The fans behaviour is odious and not understandable at all

Exactly this.

4 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

As I was leaving the ground, I saw what appeared to be a Bonnyrigg official having a right go at Gordon Thomson

I hope he wasn't expecting our "chairman" to take some action...

Would be better talking to a brick wall.

18 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

As normal people think it’s Clyde’s fault for all of this, we must be the most hated team in Scotland. I definitely think there was clearly something going on between Liam Scullion and the Rose fans during the game. Although It is inexplicable for the Bonnyrigg fan not to be banned for the rest of the season(they’ll be LL anyway next season). As for Liam Scullion I think it should just be a warning due to being spat on first although I may be bias in saying that as a Clyde fan.

I think it will be more than a "warning".

3 hours ago, ItsCaffers said:

That is a wild wild take

He's not the only one. For instance, I see that Neilly has popped up. Recall him implying the fans assaulted with golf clubs down at Stranraer deserved it because they were likely misbehaving themselves.

Again, genuine bad feeling at the game yesterday (similar to the game a few weeks ago at Stranraer)

I was standing behind the the Bonnyrigg dugout and one of their guys wanted to meet up for a fight afterwards after I told him his team was going down after going 2-1 up.

Two weeks ago, Clyde fans were incensed when Forfar celebrated scoring a goal in front of their fans,, which is an ecstatic moment . Now they're backing their player who went out his way to challenge to try and start a fight with a supporter after the final whistle, which was, imo, premeditated. His team mates were pulling him away. 

Scullion caused the issue by trying to start the fight. All players get verbal abuse from the opposing fans, we've all shouted something at some time. 

Don't get me wrong, the BR fan deserves a lifetime ban from all football grounds for his behaviour as well as a visit from the police.

Unfortunate that an important result for us has been overshadowed by this incident. 

The whataboutery is near old firm levels, rather than just admitting both are in the wrong. 

Why scullion is all annoyed at the end rather than enjoy the win I don’t know, but it doesn’t excuse the fan spitting or him doing it back. 

All very preventable and needless. Much needed win and hopefully we can come off the bottom next week. 

36 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Scullion caused the issue by trying to start the fight. All players get verbal abuse from the opposing fans, we've all shouted something at some time. 

The fan that spat on him caused the issue. If he hadn’t of done that and took his medicine after giving it tight to scullion during the game nothing would have happened . 

Unless you are saying what Scullion done means he deserves to be spat on by a fan, in which case I ask you what level of abuse or what would have to be said by a player to a fan to warrant being spat on by an opposing fan?

We have all shouted stuff sure, but expecting players not to react to any abuse is how these problems exist. There are some football fans that expect to be able to shout abuse and never have any consequences, they then go back and feel like a hard nut and tell there pals about it all in the pub it’s embarrassing.

It’s something I have experienced working in retail years ago where folk would just give cheek, be rude and abusive and expect to get away with it because I’m at my work, it’s how these cretins exist and keep doing it. Clyde fans are also absolutely chronic for this behaviour at times also btw.

Spitting on someone is absolutely manky, degrading and potentially dangerous considering what diseases can be passed by doing it. This is why laws exist that classify this as assault. The fact I have to yet again explain all this on a football forum with adults is utterly embarrassing 

Also btw the behaviour you point out about Clyde fans in Forfar was rightfully called out on here as them being morons and sore losers, yet in this situation you have made it the players fault for some reason

Edited by Ocelot1877