🔴🟡Thistle vs Morton🔵⚪️ 16th March 2024

9 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That’s as bad as I’ve seen us… no clue in possession beyond ‘give it to Power’ or ‘skelp it long’.

We somehow managed to be worse out of possession, though… barely won a second ball all day and got bullied by a team who pressed miles better than us.

And maybe the clearest example we’ve seen of Imrie making a total arse of the team selection. No amount of injuries justifies two of the shouts: French as a ‘midfielder’ (Jesus wept) and Gillespie as a ‘number 10’ (more tears).

No problem acknowledging the better team won, but I’ve got to mention the bollocks with the hoardings: possibly the most tin-pot thing I’ve ever seen at any level of football. Hope it was worth it.

THAT'S the most tinpot thing you've ever seen at any level of football?

What about buying part of a stand from YOUR greatest rivals (not theirs)? Then not actually using it? Is that not tinpot?

Well that was a tough watch. Thought we were poor and second best for most of the game. Manager got his line up and tactics wrong. Clear to see that we are missing Wilson and Oakley. Imrie speaking about the chances we had but was also honest in that our defending for the first goal was terrible - Power caught out and we allowed Graham time and space to finish which is criminal. Second goal was a good move but Robinson had far too much space in the box. Muirheads goal too little too late. We need to turn this form around and quickly if we want to have a chance of finishing in the promotion playoffs.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Moving the advertising hoardings to stop the long throws isn’t even amongst the most tin pot things we’ve done that I can think of off the top of my head. 

Perfectly legal to have hoarding where it was as long as it's more than .5m from touchline,and in the same way Morton play on a barely legal narrow pitch to suit their style of play which involves long throw ins and a fair amount of hoofing .

Were the advertising boards moved ?There didn’t seem to be an issue on JHS stand. If we were trying to stop long throws, we would have done something on both sides. At least, I only noticed any reaction when Strapp was moving the boards on the Colin Weir stand side.

12 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Were the advertising boards moved ?There didn’t seem to be an issue on JHS stand. If we were trying to stop long throws, we would have done something on both sides. At least, I only noticed any reaction when Strapp was moving the boards on the Colin Weir stand side.

Hoarding was on limit on both sides .I think there was a gap in hoarding just before the halfway line on JHS side (possibly left by hoarding moved to Colin Weir side) that allowed Strapp relatively unhindered  throw ins on that side ,however , if memory serves there were more thowins on Colin Weir side when, we let , Morton came more into the game in second half .

Edited by I Clavdivs

59 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Yes. Quite obviously.

10 hours ago, velo army said:

I wasn't at the game, but did Muirhead give it big licks to the crowd after he scored? 

Nah. Don’t think that’d have went down too well with his own fans with only a minute to go. 

If we end up playing Morton in the playoffs (still quite likely imo), there needs to be some amendments made to the pitchside at Firhill.

Spoiler

trump wall GIF

(and we'll make Morton pay for it, Bob).

1 hour ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Next time we should either weigh them down or put a sub or the kitman to mark Strapp and lean their weight on the advertising hoardings to prevent him pushing them back.

The ballboy decided to put sandbags on the frame to weigh them down in the second half.  

2 hours ago, Mr Toon said:

Wasn't at the game .would be very interested to hear what fans thought of the performances of Garrity, McGrattan and Bearne when they got on.

Garrity beat McMillan and got crosses in several times, when no one had gotten by a full back before his introduction.

Hard to judge in a way because the game was obviously done at 2-0 and Partick were happy to let us have the ball so we might not have looked as immediately drastically better after the subs had they happened at 1-0,  but regardless Garrity offered more in his first five minutes on the park than Muirhead has in the last five games.

McGrattan was quieter, but to some extent that comes with the territory of playing on the right with O'Connor behind you as opposed to being on the left with Strapp overlapping. He was about score a tap-in at the back post from a corner soon after coming on, but Baird got in the way.

The game had become a frantic mess at the point Bearne came on, but he at least tried to run at the full back and he won a couple of corners, which was again more than anyone in the starting XI achieved.

Garrity needs to start next week.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Fair enough. Why not on JH side though ?

At a guess, I’d say there are a limited number of advertising hoardings available to use. So there might not have had enough to set up a blockade on both sides.

15 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

That’s as bad as I’ve seen us… no clue in possession beyond ‘give it to Power’ or ‘skelp it long’.

We somehow managed to be worse out of possession, though… barely won a second ball all day and got bullied by a team who pressed miles better than us.

And maybe the clearest example we’ve seen of Imrie making a total arse of the team selection. No amount of injuries justifies two of the shouts: French as a ‘midfielder’ (Jesus wept) and Gillespie as a ‘number 10’ (more tears).

No problem acknowledging the better team won, but I’ve got to mention the bollocks with the hoardings: possibly the most tin-pot thing I’ve ever seen at any level of football. Hope it was worth it.

Don’t worry I assure you it was, hilarious watching that awful excuse of a footballer Strapp throw a strop. Wee Stevie roasted him all day got him booked and then sent him to the bench.  Talking about tinpot is a bit mad coming from the worst football team in history. 

36 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/page/11/#comments

Still no posts on this thread since Friday night - surely Brian Graham flossing his arse with this absolute gang once again is worth a bump?

I remember that thread being shared over here when it was first created. Seemed a good laugh at the time, a kind of one-off thing to vent about a league rival club that you don't particularly like. Ok, nice one.

But the fact it's still going nearly 2 years later, with regular bumps to laugh at Thistle every time we drop points, really is something. Forever in our shadow.

Edited by Nightmare

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

At a guess, I’d say there are a limited number of advertising hoardings available to use. So there might not have had enough to set up a blockade on both sides.

All they needed to do was move them all forward a bit instead of doing this.