🔴🟡Thistle vs Morton🔵⚪️ 16th March 2024

55 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

that awful excuse of a footballer Strapp throw a strop. 

I like laughing at Morton as much as the next guy, but Strapp is a very decent player. If we never had Milne, I’d have taken him in a heartbeat. 

10 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

All they needed to do was move them all forward a bit instead of doing this.

Just had a look at the highlights and the Raith ones as well. Hadn’t really appreciated that the advertising on the Colin Weir side is fixed as opposed to the JHS which is on these moveable ones.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I like laughing at Morton as much as the next guy, but Strapp is a very decent player. If we never had Milne, I’d have taken him in a heartbeat. 

Hmmm not sure I agree with this. I don’t claim to watch him week in an out of course but I have never once noticed him doing anything positive against us other than launching in his big throws. 

This must be the most Mutton supporter free zone in a game that they have been involved with.. They are never short of giving their views when their team is on a run and getting results. Poor dears must have taken yesterday bad!!

Singling out Strapp as a poor performer is an outrageous take. He was the only one of our starting XI to get pass marks yesterday and was our only attacking threat until Garrity came on, subbing him was an admission the game was done.

Looking at the highlights, the first goal is even worse from Power than it seemed at the time. Madness to try to bring that down rather than getting rid of it first time. The second goal is just far too easy.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I might join the Morton forum and post in that 'reasons why I hate Partick Thistle' thread "the guy who keeps trying to make Mutton a thing on P&B".

You should enjoy the Mutton reference considering you are a Pie in all meanings of the word!!

Edited by Sting777

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Garrity beat McMillan and got crosses in several times, when no one had gotten by a full back before his introduction.

Hard to judge in a way because the game was obviously done at 2-0 and Partick were happy to let us have the ball so we might not have looked as immediately drastically better after the subs had they happened at 1-0,  but regardless Garrity offered more in his first five minutes on the park than Muirhead has in the last five games.

McGrattan was quieter, but to some extent that comes with the territory of playing on the right with O'Connor behind you as opposed to being on the left with Strapp overlapping. He was about score a tap-in at the back post from a corner soon after coming on, but Baird got in the way.

The game had become a frantic mess at the point Bearne came on, but he at least tried to run at the full back and he won a couple of corners, which was again more than anyone in the starting XI achieved.

Garrity needs to start next week.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

Hmmm not sure I agree with this. I don’t claim to watch him week in an out of course but I have never once noticed him doing anything positive against us other than launching in his big throws. 

Strapp is a very good left back at this level. He's more than just a long throw. Would be surprised if he isn't playing at a higher level next season.

On 16/03/2024 at 22:10, Ad Lib said:

I don’t think you understand what the word tinpot means.

I didn’t, until yesterday. Now I do.

16 hours ago, baba douche said:

THAT'S the most tinpot thing you've ever seen at any level of football?

What about buying part of a stand from YOUR greatest rivals (not theirs)? Then not actually using it? Is that not tinpot?

I don’t think that involved an actual game of football, but glad it amuses you.

In answer to your question: yes, yes it is. Kind of thing I’ve heard about from random amateur teams, but never thought I’d see in a professional game.

13 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Moving the advertising hoardings to stop the long throws isn’t even amongst the most tin pot things we’ve done that I can think of off the top of my head. 

You must be very proud.

Enjoy the win; hope we - and Lewis Strapp - see you in the play-offs.

image.jpeg.d654319504f9d26114f00636876f8a52.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Strapp is a very good left back at this level. He's more than just a long throw. Would be surprised if he isn't playing at a higher level next season.

I agree that he’s a good player and most definitely one of the better full backs in the division. Did he get injured or something after he left Morton in the summer? It seems odd he didn’t get an opportunity at a Premiership club given he was a free agent. 

7 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I didn’t, until yesterday. Now I do.

I don’t think that involved an actual game of football, but glad it amuses you.

In answer to your question: yes, yes it is. Kind of thing I’ve heard about from random amateur teams, but never thought I’d see in a professional game.

You must be very proud.

Enjoy the win; hope we - and Lewis Strapp - see you in the play-offs.

image.jpeg.d654319504f9d26114f00636876f8a52.jpeg

Seriously now, come on. You lost on Saturday - a feeling you're used to against us - but you had some players out, and your still in a decent position to get a top four place.

Moaning about some advertising hoardings in embarrassing - I'm sure you've NEVER tried to get a LEGAL competitive advantage (smaller, narrower pitch perhaps)?

These snottery tears are pathetic.

If the rules stipulate a minimum of 5m clearance from touchline to hoarding, is that not sufficient for a run up to a throw in? How much room do you need?  Especially as could presumably get a good start by pushing against the hoarding. I doubt the clearance from the Cowshed perimeter wall at Cappielow is any more than 5m, if it’s even that.

if Partick didn’t have the required clearance from the touchline, presumably the referee should not have accepted the pitch as satisfactory for the game to start. Would be a laugh if they were penalised or told to play the game again…

Edited by Alibi

All the rules stipulate is one metre, there was nothing against the rules in bringing them that close in and nothing against the rules in Strapp moving them when they were in his way.

22 minutes ago, Alibi said:

If the rules stipulate a minimum of 5m clearance from touchline to hoarding, is that not sufficient for a run up to a throw in? How much room do you need?  Especially as could presumably get a good start by pushing against the hoarding. I doubt the clearance from the Cowshed perimeter wall at Cappielow is any more than 5m, if it’s even that.

if Partick didn’t have the required clearance from the touchline, presumably the referee should not have accepted the pitch as satisfactory for the game to start. Would be a laugh if they were penalised or told to play the game again…

If 5m was required between the pitch and the advertising boards/stands, then Tynecastle wouldn’t be allowed to host football matches.

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I agree that he’s a good player and most definitely one of the better full backs in the division. Did he get injured or something after he left Morton in the summer? It seems odd he didn’t get an opportunity at a Premiership club given he was a free agent. 

He was injured last season and took over the summer and the start of this season to get fit. He was rumoured to be training with Kilmarnock and St.mirren but ended up back at Cappielow.  A lot of mortin fans assumed he was only signed short term in December and would be away to killie in January. Pleasantly surprised that he extended his deal.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I read it as .5 metre not 5 metres. At Cappielow I don't think there is a 5 metre space between the pitch and the walls at any point. Maybe just behind the goal ends but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Mr Toon said:

I read it as .5 metre not 5 metres. At Cappielow I don't think there is a 5 metre space between the pitch and the walls at any point. Maybe just behind the goal ends but I doubt it.

Your right ,it is .5m minimum distance between hoarding boards and touchline ....at the end of the day wee Strapp moved them to suit so everybody happy .