Queen’s Park v Raith Rovers

Said the same thing last time we played Raith, but they don't half chuck themselves to the ground easily. Dylan Easton is definitely one of the most dislikeable players in Scotland, and I wouldn't be disappointed to see his season end in tears again.

As far as 0-0s go it was a reasonably entertaining game. We were weakened significantly on the left hand side of the park by the changes in the second half, but that's just the squad that Davidson has inherited. We lacked any real cutting edge today in general but that doesn't concern me too much as we've been decent going forward lately.

Can't complain about the point, we've become much harder to beat which will hopefully be enough to avoid 9th place. I think Ayr away next week is almost a must win at this stage though.

4 minutes ago, embow said:

in the end, if you're not going to win then make sure that you aren't beaten.

I don't think we win the league playing to avoid losing. We didn't show nearly enough intent today, despite almost nicking it. 

Edited by Craigus

Decent point for us. Ferrie’s saves the difference between no points and one. Having said that, we could and maybe should have scored with the Welsh chance as well.

The difference having a couple of experienced heads in there makes is so clear to see. The last ten minutes at Tannadice is the only spell since Davidson has been here that we’ve not been in a game. Keep doing what we’re doing and we *should* be fine, but this league is mental. 

We don't survive that many corners under Veldman. Much more solid, and we will likely draw our way to safety. 

Hoping the Josh Scott sub was just for fresh legs rather than injury. Was my MOTM alongside Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

We don't survive that many corners under Veldman. Much more solid, and we will likely draw our way to safety. 

Hoping the Josh Scott sub was just for fresh legs rather than injury. Was my MOTM alongside Wilson.

Wilson has to be the most significant signing of the January transfer window in the division. Having him has completely transformed the way we defend, by which I mean we're actually capable of doing so now. Delighted that he'll be here next season too.

On recent evidence, Queen’s and the Pars are safe from ninth…looks very much a stick on for ICT.

Won’t lie, disappointed in the point, happy it wasn’t zero. DU still have to play Queen’s again, and it won’t be easy.

Thought that was our 1st 0-0 but we had one against the thugs a couple of weeks ago.

Decent game and QP have defiantly improved from early season. I honestly think you guys will be OK, 9th between Ayr and ICT IMHO 

4 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Thought that was our 1st 0-0 but we had one against the thugs a couple of weeks ago.

Decent game and QP have defiantly improved from early season. I honestly think you guys will be OK, 9th between Ayr and ICT IMHO 

As long as they keep showing the same levels of defiance I'm sure they will be fine. 

Happy with a point. Up to the substitutions it was an even entertaining game. The substitutions brought nothing to our left side. Disappointed that Scott went off. McKinstry still a waste of space in my view. Ferrie to the rescue again. What a goalkeeper.

Edited by williebraveheart

Scott was limping, no way he gets brought off otherwise.

Noticeable drop off in our attacking threat once Sheridan went off for Mckinstry. Be great if we can get him for enough to last longer in games. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

That was the worst I've seen Dom Thomas play. We were lucky to get away with a draw 

Aye, I love Dom Thomas but it was like he was playing in slo-mo today. 

25 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Wilson has to be the most significant signing of the January transfer window in the division. Having him has completely transformed the way we defend, by which I mean we're actually capable of doing so now. Delighted that he'll be here next season too.

I agree Wilson has made a big difference to the defence. Whilst plaudits are going to him and Callum today I thought Louis had a good game out on the right. He was always looking for the ball and had decent intent about him today.  He hasn't got the pace to beat players often but another tidy performance from him.

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Aye, I love Dom Thomas but it was like he was playing in slo-mo today. 

So his pre contract signing club has been confirmed as Raith then? 😉

It's a shame we don't play next week, as that makes it feel more dissapointing than it should be.  Never in danger of losing that, however feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

That said, we look much better defensively.  

A point against second and third in successive weeks would normally be good, but other teams round us are winning and we are in danger of being the half decent team that'll end up in the playoffs.

We didn't click up front but thankfully we can now defend. Wilson is terrific. Longbridge had another good game.