Spartans vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 14:59

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Promising squad news with us adding to the injury list every week just now 🙄. Now missing Carlo, Kalvin, Crighton and D Wilson in addition to the long term guys. The last few weeks really have fucked us, but I also partly blame the manager for his piss poor management of the squad over that time.

Wonder who will pick up a niggle tomorrow and be out next week... 

Surprised Lennon isn’t listed as unavailable. Didn’t expect him to be involved.

Can’t see past a home win, especially with Carlo, Orsi and Crighton out. We just need this season to be over and a new manager in place.

Edited by FifeSons

The Carlo/Kalvin combination is one thing that's worked fairly well in our team over the course of this season. To see them both out is a sour blow.

Of course, that might not have been the case if Stephen "Stevie" Farrell hadn't chucked a half-fit Orsi on to chase a lost cause on a heavy Stair Park pitch last week. 

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We won't be having lectures on what constitutes a good view at a football match from a man who has spent his life watching football through a chainlink fence 3 miles from the pitch. If you and the sad wee glory hunting Bankie can f**k off back to your regional abyss that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Mind if I frame this? Beautiful post.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Which team in this division does?

I agree, none do. In fact I think we may be the only spfl team with an u-20s team in the west. But, it was started as an opportunity to uncover some gems and provide a ‘pathway’ to the 1st team. Unfortunately it’s not working and we are arguably one of the worst 20s sides in the region. Our immediate neighbours the Vale do things right and have an excellent 20s side alongside Clydebank. We need someone in charge of youth development if we are going down that road and attracting talent to the club. What we have is a couple guys from a struggling Sunday amateur team managing our u-20s!

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I agree, none do. In fact I think we may be the only spfl team with an u-20s team in the west. But, it was started as an opportunity to uncover some gems and provide a ‘pathway’ to the 1st team. Unfortunately it’s not working and we are arguably one of the worst 20s sides in the region. Our immediate neighbours the Vale do things right and have an excellent 20s side alongside Clydebank. We need someone in charge of youth development if we are going down that road and attracting talent to the club. What we have is a couple guys from a struggling Sunday amateur team managing our u-20s!

If the Vale of Leven have players capable of stepping up from their U20s to League 2 then we should be going there and offering them deals. I suspect that they have good development sides for the level they're at and very few if any of the boys will go onto the pro leagues. The fact is Project Brave (i.e. the governing body) doesn't want clubs like ours developing players, they want full time sides with good facilities developing them, which makes any sort of youth football at semi-pro sides impossible without large outside investment. I know it's something that fans love to see (young guys breaking through) but it's just not our reality, and never has been. Nicky Devlin is literally the only player who went on to do anything in the game from our youth sides, he played for us for 1 season before he went to Motherwell. Martin McNiff being our next best product. It's just not worth it. 

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Which team in this division does?

East Fife

Six players have graduated from our Under 20s to our first team squad

Edited by Cosmic Joe

There’s not many games I’ve been less confident about this season. That defence and keeper, coupled with us only having put 1 goal past Spartans in 3 games, spells a comfortable home win.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A back 4 of Lynas, Durnan, Lennon and Blair could be some laugh.

55 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Hogarth as well adds a bit of chaos factor in there 

33 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

There’s not many games I’ve been less confident about this season. That defence and keeper, coupled with us only having put 1 goal past Spartans in 3 games, spells a comfortable home win.

Only acceptable option left is for Spartans to deliver an absolute pumping to put more pressure (lol) on MacKay/Freefall.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

It’ll all be fine. All we need is to get behind the team with some happy clapping and tambourine shaking.

Flinging a guy straight into the team who hasn’t kicked a ball for a year is a weird move. He’s been on the bench for our last 3 games and hasn’t been given a single minute of football to build up some fitness. One of those games was completely done by half time. 

f**k knows who’ll be playing on the right. f**k knows why we signed the boy from Rangers or Healy if neither of them are a better option in that position than a central midfielder.