Spartans vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 14:59

9 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'd much rather that they didnt play at what is effectively a local leisure centre. Clubs have had to pay to build stadiums and maintain them. Spartans get to play at a leisure centre and don't have the cost burden associated with owning and running a proper ground. 

I think some of you are a bit mixed up. Spartans play next to a leisure centre, and share a car park with, but their ground is separate and fully enclosed.

I believe the ground is owned by the Spartans Community Association, which is not the club itself, but close links, and they have just invested in a new small stand on the opposite side to the main stand.

You can also watch the match from 4 different sides of the ground if you wish, something you guys might find a novelty, eh? 😉

Edited by Cowdenleith

We won't be having lectures on what constitutes a good view at a football match from a man who has spent his life watching football through a chainlink fence 3 miles from the pitch. If you and the sad wee glory hunting Bankie can f**k off back to your regional abyss that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We won't be having lectures on what constitutes a good view at a football match from a man who has spent his life watching football through a chainlink fence 3 miles from the pitch. If you and the sad wee glory hunting Bankie can f**k off back to your regional abyss that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I hadn’t realised until recently through reading the forum how incredibly touchy you guys have become, can’t even accept some mild ribbing. 🤣🤣.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I hadn’t realised until recently through reading the forum how incredibly touchy you guys have become, can’t even accept some mild ribbing. 🤣🤣.

I'm touchy? You've turned up on a Dumbarton match thread taking shots at our ground because you've taken offence on behalf of a team you don't even support. Sit doon.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm touchy? You've turned up on a Dumbarton match thread taking shots at our ground because you've taken offence on behalf of a team you don't even support. Sit doon.

Was merely correcting a misconception about Spartans ground. I think it’s a decent place to watch a match, and come on man, I was left an open goal about being able to watch from 4 sides of the ground.

If you don’t rate AP I don’t know if you have been to the new Meadowbank yet, just wait till you get that to experience next season.

Cheap jibes at other clubs isn't going to win many friends.  And some of it is way off the mark.  I know people connected with Spartans and they do tremendous work in the Pilton area of Edinburgh, very much a genuine community club in contrast to Dumbarton where the prevailing culture is one of a hugely struggling private members club owned by shyster speculators.  And for the record, our ground, pitch and the surrounds are indeed an insult to the location at the Rock.  That is down to us.

As for the Bankies, we've always had good relations and long may that continue.  The current direction of travel of both clubs is polar opposite and that should hugely concern Sons fans.  In terms of club ownership and management Clydebank FC appear to be everything we are not.  But there's nothing to be gained by taking out our frustrations on here when our problems lie elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Was merely correcting a misconception about Spartans ground. I think it’s a decent place to watch a match, and come on man, I was left an open goal about being able to watch from 4 sides of the ground.

If you don’t rate AP I don’t know if you have been to the new Meadowbank yet, just wait till you get that to experience next season.

Aye, Spartans have a very good set-up, it's turned into a decent ground with the new terracing added.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I think some of you are a bit mixed up. Spartans play next to a leisure centre, and share a car park with, but their ground is separate and fully enclosed.

I believe the ground is owned by the Spartans Community Association, which is not the club itself, but close links, and they have just invested in a new small stand on the opposite side to the main stand.

You can also watch the match from 4 different sides of the ground if you wish, something you guys might find a novelty, eh? 😉

I believe the novelty is not having to watch a game through safety mesh and with tyre crash barriers between fans and the pitch.

30 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I believe the novelty is not having to watch a game through safety mesh and with tyre crash barriers between fans and the pitch.

I tend to watch the action from the back of the terracing at Central Park, no fence obstruction from that viewpoint. It’s great to be able to stroll around the ground, watch some from the terracing and maybe move to the stand if the weather is a bit iffy.

Anyway, I have no wish to distract further from the thread, should be a decent game tomorrow.

4 hours ago, George Parr said:

Of course the true tin-pot test is your club's view on whether bumbling B-Teams should be admitted to the league structure.

Spartans! Cowdenbeath! What say you? 😎

Absolutely correct Mr Parr. All this back and forth about stadiums means absolutely nothing when your arse piece is still rid raw from parting your cheeks for B team cash.

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Absolutely correct Mr Parr. All this back and forth about stadiums means absolutely nothing when your arse piece is still rid raw from parting your cheeks for B team cash.

Didn't we part our cheeks for ground rental by Rangers B ?

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yes, because that is remotely comparible to voting them into to your league. Not that any of us wanted them (or Broomhill for that matter) anywhere near our ground.

Oh nice try at deflecting the facts, but that won’t wash. By letting the B team rent your stadium your club were facilitating a b team. I am sure if Rangers hadn’t thrown their toys out the pram and withdrawn from the LL they would still be there, as you seem to need a tenant to make ends meet.  I’m sure you bleated and moaned on the internet about it, but hey, money is money 

Lets talk about the numerous old firm youngsters you have had over the years, including 2 I think at present from, Rangers? No doubt at a very cheap or no cost to your club.   Common at many clubs at your level of course, especially in the west of Scotland, but an undeniable fact it’s a nice wee deal for your club.

So one way or another, your club is certainly taking the old firm boaby, in a number of different positions it would seem.

Edited by Cowdenleith

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Oh nice try at deflecting the facts, but that won’t wash. By letting the B team rent your stadium your club were facilitating a b team. I am sure if Rangers hadn’t thrown their toys out the pram and withdrawn from the LL they would still be there, as you seem to need a tenant to make ends meet.  I’m sure you bleated and moaned on the internet about it, but hey, money is money 

Lets talk about the numerous old firm youngsters you have had over the years, including 2 I think at present from, Rangers? No doubt at a very cheap or no cost to your club.   Common at many clubs at your level of course, especially in the west of Scotland, but an undeniable fact it’s a nice wee deal for your club.

So one way or another, your club is certainly taking the old firm boaby, in a number of different positions it would seem.

If it makes you feel better about your own pathetic club’s decision then you keep believing that us loaning players or renting them our stadium is the same as voting them into our national league system for a quick buck. Loan deals don’t always come cheap and are never at “no cost” to a club unless you have some sort of agreed affiliation, which pretty much confirms you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cowdenbeath and the rest of the pathetic Lowland League B team voters = Scotland’s shame. Off you pop back to the B team league forum.

Promising squad news with us adding to the injury list every week just now 🙄. Now missing Carlo, Kalvin, Crighton and D Wilson in addition to the long term guys. The last few weeks really have fucked us, but I also partly blame the manager for his piss poor management of the squad over that time.

Wonder who will pick up a niggle tomorrow and be out next week...