Forfar Athletic -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 16 March 2024)

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Draw incoming.

McKinnon to be pleased.

Stenny to pull a further point ahead because everyone is hopeless apart from Stenny.

Several punters bored.

Bloody hope not.😃 Taking this in as a nuetral as part of our trips around the grounds. 

2 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

Draw incoming.

McKinnon to be pleased.

Stenny to pull a further point ahead because everyone is hopeless apart from Stenny.

Several punters bored.

Sounds about right, particularly the bored part. That said this week’s opposition fans are a decent bunch so we can be comfortably bored rather than watching out for knuckle draggers wanting to fight folk and having to take an alternative route out of the ground for the safety of our kids.

2 hours ago, Broxi Bears said:

I’m going to agree with FF on his starting 11 and hope it’s another 3 points closer to the title.

It won’t be easy with Forfar on a fantastic run but I hope we have enough in the tank.  Our recent few games have been a little pedestrian for me so would be good to inject some pace and creativity back into the team. 

Come on the Warriors … 8 to go! 🎉 

A Rangers fan jumping on the Stenny bandwagon now that they're winning a league?

6 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Sounds about right, particularly the bored part. That said this week’s opposition fans are a decent bunch so we can be comfortably bored rather than watching out for knuckle draggers wanting to fight folk and having to take an alternative route out of the ground for the safety of our kids.

No segregation will see the Forfar hooligans chop off @Francesc Fabregas ponytail.

24 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

A Rangers fan jumping on the Stenny bandwagon now that they're winning a league?

Rangers and Stenny for me 😂 a double celebration pending for the first time ever. Going to need about a month off work soon 🍺 

Although I agree the points made on the last page about needing to add speed and urgency to the side I can imagine naysmith will bring in adam brown for berry instead as I feel in the past matches whenever he's came off the bench he's made the team a bit more creative with the goal at bonnyrigg being after him coming on and us performing slightly better when he came on against the spartans. 

I also think if every player is fully fit we should be using the team that got us 12 in a row and adam brown was a massive part of that team.

Looking forward to the game and it looks like perfect weather conditions at the minute. Stenhousemuir should be up for this from the start so I wonder how this'll pan out for Forfar. A sustained performance like the first half v P'head would be fine, unlikely but you never know, and a front line firing on all cylinders, please. There's potential for a quick, free flowing game and I hope Forfar don't sit back and soak up what might be constant pressure from Stenny. Two solid defences so who'll bring something special to break through? I'll go for Seb or Finlay Allan.

I've got the 5-10 minute slot in the sweep for Aitken falling over, and 15-20 slot for a Rusty shrug and head down.

15 hours ago, Broxi Bears said:

Rangers and Stenny for me 😂 a double celebration pending for the first time ever. Going to need about a month off work soon 🍺 

2 team w****r 

Terrible game of football but can we mention how brilliant Hutchinson was today and in general has been since the turn of the year, he's been a massive reason this unbeaten run has happened.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

Terrible game of football but can we mention how brilliant Hutchinson today and in general has been since the turn of the year, he's been a massive reason this unbeaten run has happened.

I've no idea why he didn't start the season at centre half, he's barely put a foot wrong this season or last.

Another brutal game to watch to add to the long list. Wish he'd just play 4-4-2. Mykyta and Thomson on the wings. 

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

I've no idea why he didn't start the season at centre half, he's barely put a foot wrong this season or last.

Another brutal game to watch to add to the long list. Wish he'd just play 4-4-2. Mykyta and Thomson on the wings. 

That sounds like they would have to attack. I've spotted the flaw.

8 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

As eye bleeding it is unfortunately we're very much in if it ain't broke don't fix it territory with this unbeaten run.

As long as we keep scoring these bundled into the net goals he's got a reason not to change it.

And to be clear I fucking hate that fact.

Edited by ScottishLoon

Aye that won't live long in the memory.

Neither keeper had a save to make the whole game. I couldn't see Forfar scoring in a month of Sundays but there's always a chance from a set piece and so it proved.

A point closer to the inevitable with the useless Peterhead and Spartans at it again. 

Oh and a quick word for the referee. In a game of absolutely nothing happening he still managed to be an inept clown for both teams. 

It's mind boggling how little these chumps understand the game. Bookings for nothing and then bookable tackles nothing happens.

Same nonsense every week.