Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

12 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Better still, are you wanting to go on record to say the match official was “under pressure from his employer”,   ignored a “massive hazard” and placed the players in danger?  

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did I?

I still think the ref doesn't let the game go ahead if he's not under pressure to do so.

I will let you answer your own question.  Perhaps I have misinterpreted what you said.  If so I apologise but I can only go by what you type. Here is a cut and paste (which I have underlined and highlighted where appropriate).

We have the benefit of not being forced to say it’s playable by our employers.  Anyone with a brain can see that massive sandpit is a massive hazard to the players who are absolutely going over ankles on that part of the pitch

and

it's genuinely a disgrace that it's been allowed. That's a major hazard for players

Finally, the ball ran true, there appeared to be no player complaining during the game of any unnatural bounce and no player got injured in a very competitive match.  Other than the visual aspect of the pitch why do you still appear to be insisting the pitch wasn’t playable?  Is it not more the case that in the modern game fans, perhaps quite rightly at this level of football, expect the pitch to look near perfect all year round and they are no longer used to seeing large patches of mud and sand on a pitch that is still playable?  

Edited by Shadow Play

Still laughing at the moment on Saturday where the ball was lumped into the Motherwell box, and everyone just kinda pretended they hadn't seen anything when it dropped almost vertically and stopped stone dead at Jonathan Tiffoney's feet as if he'd suddenly developed a Ronaldinho-esque first touch.

The pitch may have been deemed "playable", but it was an absolute pudding surface from the penalty spot in front of the Shankly out to about 10 yards beyond the edge of the box, and it's probably just as well there was precious little football played that would have exposed it.

Edited by Boo Khaki

It’s gonna be a total farce today pitch is gonna be declared playable at 11am , rain is gonna start around that time , and game gonna be abandoned after 20 mins , Clemente is gonna go mental , it’s gonna be hilariously funny canna wait for the fall out from The Rangers , ha all zombies are  gonna go completely nuts 

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Still laughing at the moment on Saturday where the ball was lumped into the Motherwell box, and everyone just kinda pretended they hadn't seen anything when it dropped almost vertically and stopped stone dead at Jonathan Tiffoney's feet as if he'd suddenly developed a Ronaldinho-esque first touch.

The pitch may have been deemed "playable", but it was an absolute pudding surface from the penalty spot in front of the Shankly out to about 10 yards beyond the edge of the box, and it's probably just as well there was precious little football played that would have exposed it.

Must admit I never noticed that.  I’m certainly not aware of any other instances of the pitch holding up the ball etc but I sit a fair bit away from the Shankly.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

Must admit I never noticed that.  I’m certainly not aware of any other instances of the pitch holding up the ball etc but I sit a fair bit away from the Shankly.

Nor did I 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Must admit, an 11.00am pitch inspection on a day when it’s forecast to rain all day, suggests to me they are going to call it off. Soon find out I guess. 

Popcorn out for the inevitable heads exploding on Rangers Media.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Must admit, an 11.00am pitch inspection on a day when it’s forecast to rain all day, suggests to me they are going to call it off. Soon find out I guess. 

I wondered if it might've been better to do the inspection at around 3 o'clock. That way the covers could've been left on for a few more hours while still leaving time for fans to travel.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wondered if it might've been better to do the inspection at around 3 o'clock. That way the covers could've been left on for a few more hours while still leaving time for fans to travel.

Yeah that’s kind of what I was getting at. If they felt the game had a fair chance, why do the inspection so early. Particularly when they know the weather isn’t going to improve. 

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Points deduction for Dundee I heard if it doesn't go ahead. Deserved imo

Your source is wrong.

As an aside, how many of your 4,400 posts were in a thread involving Dundee?  I’ve got to say it feels like 4,300 of them.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Your source is wrong.

As an aside, how many of your 4,400 posts were in a thread involving Dundee?  I’ve got to say it feels like 4,300 of them.

It is as accurate as his posts about Derek Adams.

Any penalty will be similar to Motherwell - we'll end up getting a suspended fine, advice on improving the pitch and monitoring the action taken over the next season.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

At the moment it's dry, bright and a bit breezy. There's a very good chance the pitch is currently playable. 

So what happens? They call it off anyway on the basis that it might become unplayable later? I suppose we'll then never know if it could have gone ahead or not, because there's no way the SFA would authorise a further inspection.