Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whats the narrative? 

That this is only getting traction/coverage based on who is involved in it. Correct me if that's not what you're implying and I'm mistaken.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

That this is only getting traction/coverage based on who is involved in it. Correct me if that's not what you're implying and I'm mistaken.

It was a general point that included the weekends game, which was also farcical in its coverage. I did ignore it on here, mostly because I wasn’t interested. 

The team involved today and the fact it’s on tv clearly does exacerbate the coverage. But the incessant updates on the state of Dundee’s pitch, the coverage of an interim inspection and the updates on the weather in Dundee are frankly mind numbing. 

It’s a good case study in how media and social media can fry people’s brains over the most mundane things. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was a general point that included the weekends game, which was also farcical in its coverage. I did ignore it on here, mostly because I wasn’t interested. 

The team involved today and the fact it’s on tv clearly does exacerbate the coverage. But the incessant updates on the state of Dundee’s pitch, the coverage of an interim inspection and the updates on the weather in Dundee are frankly mind numbing. 

It’s a good case study in how media and social media can fry people’s brains over the most mundane things. 

Then please accept my apologies. I'd assumed you were inferring that this was only getting fussed over because Rangers were involved.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

One media outlet reporting that a 3rd pitch inspection is already in plan 😂.

If the 3.30 inspection passes, but the rain hasn't gone off, then logically a third inspection will be necessary. 

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Is it the same people demanding Rangers are handed the points or the tie is reversed in their favour by any chance?

There’s also a lot of “there’s a perfectly good pitch across the road- just switch it to Tannadice”.

I’m sure I speak for everyone connected with United when I say we don’t want that disgusting club anywhere near our pitch.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And we don’t want Rangers there either

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

There’s also a lot of “there’s a perfectly good pitch across the road- just switch it to Tannadice”.

I’m sure I speak for everyone connected with United when I say we don’t want that disgusting club anywhere near our pitch.

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Stop It And You GIF

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

That’s no way to speak about your future landlord.

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

It's that good that United have been training on it recently 

They showed part of the inspection live on SSN. 

The ball was bouncing, but not very high - but that could have been how Don Robertson was kicking it. 

Heard one Rangers-leaning pundit on the radio about 1pm saying "This is a disgrace, we have to find a better way to do this, there are people travelling from N. Ireland for these games".

So much wrong about that I don't know where to start.