Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think anyone with a functioning brain could understand Clement's post-match.

Rule 1 of media relations - know your primary target audience 

Just now, AJF said:

Pretty much what I believe, however I think there can be more of a balance. Instead of just giving the players a boost, he can also explain what he feels can be done better and give an idea as to how he might address it.

Aye, this. Apart from anything else, the players won't believe it any more than the (not daft) fans do. Where's the quick boost in player moral from talking obvious nonsense? There should be a middle ground from Clement.

17 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think anyone with a functioning brain could understand Clement's post-match.

The players are on a bad run at a vital time, he sees no benefit in going after them as he needs a quick jump in moral. Get out there and say how well they played, give them a wee boost and project a bit of calm.

There's not a fucking prayer he believes what he said, and only the most credulous of observers could possibly think he does. Many Rangers fans will.

He missed the vital part where he is supposed to put all the pressure on Celtic, though.

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

Aye, this. Apart from anything else, the players won't believe it any more than the (not daft) fans do. Where's the quick boost in player moral from talking obvious nonsense? There should be a middle ground from Clement.

He knows the players better than we do. He's got a few minutes to decide what to say and has decided that he reckons the players need to hear a bit of positivity.

I don't think at this stage it really matters to him how it comes across to the fans. There's hardly any of the season left and what he needs is his players to loosen up a bit.

I don't think the players are going to suddenly be walking on air after what he said, but it's more about avoiding the the inevitable fuss if he criticises them. That just piles pressure on. It' damage control. Of course they know it's a bad night. They don't need their manager out there telling everyone how bad.

As for talking about how he's going to fix it, I don't really see what that could mean practically. He's not going to give us an in-depth tactical analysis, and anything he does say he's going to change will be interpreted in the media as criticism of certain players.

Basically, it's a post-match interview and nobody should give a f**k what he said.

7 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I'd imagine he's went through them privately.

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Hope the Dundee fans aren’t too rough today after a whole night celebrating the “draw with Rangers” cup win.

Tinpot.

Tbf that is a cup win worth celebrating  🥂

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, some bizarre comments from Clement. I can only think (or rather hope) that he is trying to avoid being critical of the players so to avoid being seen as throwing them under the bus. I really hope he doesn’t believe we got the response we needed nor thinks that performance was controlled or dominant.

In trying to protect his players he’s just got us fans wondering whether he can see what is wrong with the side.

That’s it in a nutshell.

The Rangers fans can certainly see that. Clement will be here next season but I’d imagine many of those in that squad will be out the fcuking door.

Start with that clown Cnutwell. Tiktok show pony who doesn’t influence games enough and gets a fitba lesson at Dingwall and Dens.

Just watched the highlights. At the free kick which led to Dundee's offside goal, Sima totally  leaves Tiffoney to get the rebound.  Shocking defending.

And Tiffoney should have buried it 

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

Just watched the highlights. At the free kick which led to Dundee's offside goal, Sima totally  leaves Tiffoney to get the rebound.  Shocking defending.

And Tiffoney should have buried it 

Would be interesting to see whether Tiffoney was offside.  He should have scored, although it is a good save, and it looked very tight.

Just now, stu2910 said:

Would be interesting to see whether Tiffoney was offside.  He should have scored, although it is a good save, and it looked very tight.

Didn't seem to be from what I saw. Deleted now, so can't rerun.

Nah, just blatantly making things up about shots being cleared off the line, the pitch being bumpy and not our fault because Dundee 'marked us all over the pitch even when we went to the toilet' will be doing absolutely nothing for even the most naive of players or fans.

It was just deluded and further allowed comparisons to the minter times of the Pedro era. Pre-match he was on about how he'd play the game on Mars, that it was our pitch' fault that led to them not being suitably prepared for Ross County and he needed a strong press conference post-match after storming down the tunnel in a fit of rage and not shaking the County managers' hand.

Post match interviews don't mean much, but they absolutely can help rip your credibility to shreds and he's been on a one man mission (mainly to Mars) to do that over the past 7 or so days.

38 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Hope the Dundee fans aren’t too rough today after a whole night celebrating the “draw with Rangers” cup win.

Tinpot.

And keep protesting that you don’t hate Dundee.

55 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Tinpot.

I honestly don’t think there are many posters on P&B that would wake up the morning after Rangers dropping points in the title race and think “I want to discuss the manner in which Dundee fans celebrated.”

Each to their own though.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hahahahahahhahahahahhaha Rangers. 

Wild celebrations for a home draw,

Hahahaha Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

followed by several days of very publicly soiling yourselves 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get it right up you. 

Oh I see what you mean.

Carry on.