10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He got dropped because he was terrible for Scotland, then picked up a medium term injury and we moved on and got Dykes and Adams in. I don't think there was anything personal about it.

Dykes has become dreadful and we need to quickly try others 

Should have done in last friendlies 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

If you're picking fraser you've got to try and call up barnes first 

If Barnes wanted to be with us then it would of happened by now and he's the most english out the Newcastle lot so can't see this happening.

Fraser would be an easy call up but Clarke is set against it for whatever reason that is which is disappointing in my opinion

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Dykes has become dreadful and we need to quickly try others 

Should have done in last friendlies 

Yep was an ideal opportunity to try out something different. Shankland isn't going to be good enough long term so could of given Mcburnie another go.

However, Clarke isn't the manager to bring in anyone different or new at this point though 

24 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I think this is the case with Fraser where Clarke sees him as somewhat of a bad egg and doesn't want him around. Otherwise, based on the squad of players he has to pick from, he would continually be part of the team as he is one of our best forward options (as we are so limited) and would be great to bring off the bench.

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

The "fall out" was in Nov-21. Ryan Fraser played for Scotland in Sep-22 and Nov-22. Fraser's obviously not being left out for those reasons.  

53 minutes ago, BroraBoy said:

Hadn’t realised he played since the “ fall out “ 

He has. It's another myth. Add it to:

• Scott McTominay played as a striker when he was a kid.
  • Steve Clarke is waiting for Harvey Barnes to come to him.

Honestly don't understand where this stuff comes from - you'd be amazed how often it pops up. 🤔

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I am aware they ended this apparent feud couple years ago but that doesn't mean he doesn't think he is a bad egg still as there's no other reason why he hasn't been called up. 

He's had injury problems which seems like he has recovered from now and is playing well in a decent league, it's a bit baffling as to why he isn't in the latest squad tbh

38 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I am aware they ended this apparent feud couple years ago but that doesn't mean he doesn't think he is a bad egg still as there's no other reason why he hasn't been called up. 

He's had injury problems which seems like he has recovered from now and is playing well in a decent league, it's a bit baffling as to why he isn't in the latest squad tbh

I'm not trying to convince you, believe whatever rubbish you like.

McBurnie against Fulham was unplayable not 1 week ago, no mention. Comes on for a 15 minute cameo against the league leaders away from home with his team getting absolutely battered and gets slated.

Not a huge McBurnie fan but he's our only striker in the premier league just now and it's inane to suggest he's miles behind the others.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not trying to convince you, believe whatever rubbish you like.

It's not rubbish though that he is known to have bit of an attitude issue.

He's had issues at Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Scotland in the past...

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

It's not rubbish though that he is known to have bit of an attitude issue.

He's had issues at Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Scotland in the past...

He might have or have had an attitude issue.

Steve Clarke picked him after his issues at Aberdeen (2013), Bournemouth (2019) and Scotland (2021). He hasn't been selected since leaving Newcastle. 

I don't see a basis for linking the two (attitude, selection). It's possible his lack of game time at Newcastle (Dec-22 to Aug-23) was a more important factor in combination with Scotland's winning run (Mar-23 to Sep-23). 

Steve Clarke is on record as saying Fraser has lost any loyalty and needs to earn his place back. I think lack of game time at Newcastle put him out of the team and things have just moved on.

Still, believe what you like.

Edited by 2426255

23 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

He might have or have had an attitude issue.

Steve Clarke picked him after his issues at Aberdeen (2013), Bournemouth (2019) and Scotland (2021). He hasn't been selected since leaving Newcastle. 

I don't see a basis for linking the two (attitude, selection). It's possible his lack of game time at Newcastle (Dec-22 to Aug-23) was a more important factor in combination with Scotland's winning run (Mar-23 to Sep-23). 

Steve Clarke is on record as saying Fraser has lost any loyalty and needs to earn his place back. I think lack of game time at Newcastle put him out of the team and things have just moved on.

Still, believe what you like.

I'm unsure how you're no getting this, he did have an attitude problem that is well noted in his time at several clubs as well as the national team.

He may have changed for the better but that then makes it all the more strange why he isn't now being picked as we don't have many players like him with proper pace etc. 

There's obviously something there underneath the surface that we don't know about but you believe what you like.

10 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

If Barnes wanted to be with us then it would of happened by now and he's the most english out the Newcastle lot so can't see this happening.

Fraser would be an easy call up but Clarke is set against it for whatever reason that is which is disappointing in my opinion

I think you are right butters scotch!

However prior to the March friendlies with Holland + N.Ireland Barnes was injured with a minor hamstring injury, I’m not sure we’ll know what’s going on reference Barnes and the other Newcastle possibilities? 
But Barnes would walk into our starting XI that’s for sure! 
A couple of things frustrate me reference this, Carver was banging the drum last year about Barnes Anderson etc etc However he is now changed his tune by saying Clarke set with his current team selections…… 

Ryan Fraser, I also think he was carrying an injury prior to the March friendlies, surely he worthy of a call up if Barnes doesn’t come join us! 
On current form, we could be relying on Shankland as our only real outlet going to Germany 

1 minute ago, BroraBoy said:

I think you are right butters scotch!

However prior to the March friendlies with Holland + N.Ireland Barnes was injured with a minor hamstring injury, I’m not sure we’ll know what’s going on reference Barnes and the other Newcastle possibilities? 
But Barnes would walk into our starting XI that’s for sure! 
A couple of things frustrate me reference this, Carver was banging the drum last year about Barnes Anderson etc etc However he is now changed his tune by saying Clarke set with his current team selections…… 

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/24159629.newcastle-uniteds-harvey-barnes-injury-battle-england-goals/