Dumbarton v Bonnyrigg Rose 23/3/24

Only 4 home games remaining at The Rock, and after hitting Spartans for 6 on Saturday, can The Sons hit form with the play-offs looming or will Rose be a thorn in our side? 😬 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

3 pts is all we are asking for 😁

And what happened the last time you asked us to do that... 😂 less than 2 weeks ago. Funny how quickly things change in football.

I'd take a 1-0 win from an OG, but I fear Declan Byrne may score on his return to the rock. Meaning we'd need at least 2 for the 3 points.

If this was on a proper pitch, I’d be more inclined to agree with The Moonster’s prediction. On our tattie field, though, it’ll be a slog.

Let's just hope it's not spitting down all week.

Edited by FifeSons

12 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

3 pts is all we are asking for 😁

You just look after your own game, because we are becoming the great unpredictables.  Whilst Bonnyrigg have never beaten us in a league game this slide of theirs can't go on forever.  But if we perform we can win this.  So aye, we'll do you a favour 😉

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If you want a really good laugh, I note that Broomhill are at 'home' on Sunday. Two games in 24 hours after a week where it's due to rain at least once. Good luck, lads.

It will not be much of a laugh if Stenny roll up the following Saturday to lift the title accompanied by more members of the media than normal.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It will not be much of a laugh if Stenny roll up the following Saturday to lift the title accompanied by more members of the media than normal.

Maybe they'll manage to prompt an SFA investigation. Or is that only when certain clubs have games called off because of ropey parks?

38 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Good. Personal embarrassment is the only thing that seems to shock the Doc into life so maybe some media guys standing in front of him saying "when are your tatties due to sprout?" might force him to do something about it. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Good. Personal embarrassment is the only thing that seems to shock the Doc into life so maybe some media guys standing in front of him saying "when are your tatties due to sprout?" might force him to do something about it. 

Embarrassment or commercial opportunity ?  No contest.  

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah,  I imagine Doctor Who shouldn't wish to be accused of acquiescence on matters of pitch maintenance. 

Edited by George Parr

Interesting with current weather conditions and more of same tomorrow. How will park hold up

both teams should be familiar with ploughed parks 

too add to woes unconfirmed but Kazakhstan under21 team trained on pitch earlier in week . That seems a good idea 😳😳

15 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

too add to woes unconfirmed but Kazakhstan under21 team trained on pitch earlier in week . That seems a good idea 😳😳

I reckon if you paid Neil MacKay the rental fee he'd let you drive a fire engine onto the field and unload its tank in the goalmouths. 

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I reckon if you paid Neil MacKay the rental fee he'd let you drive a fire engine onto the field and unload its tank in the goalmouths. 

Pretty sure that's already happened.

40 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

You’d think after a 6-2 win confidence would be high for this, but I’ve got the fear Dumbarton could make an arse of this. 

A team that's just scored six goals in a game for the first time since 2011 at home to the team with the worst form in the league. You're not the only one with the fear.