Dumbarton v Bonnyrigg Rose 23/3/24

31 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Bonnyrigg fans and social media very quiet.

If true that Robbie has been sacked, then it seems very harsh given what he has done for the Club and looks like the panic button well and truly pressed.

They've won 1 league game in 2024 and they're absolutely shite. It's not panic button or harsh, Horn hasn't improved them at all at this level. 

12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

What’s Farrell on about saying Ruth and Gray were rubbish in the first half?! He doesn’t half come out with some absolute shite.

An absolutely bizarre take from Farrell and I have no idea why he’s chosen to single out two of our better players for criticism. It’s not like either of them had a bad first half. He says some really weird things at times.

If horn was going to be sacked it should’ve been weeks ago. 6 games is very little time for anyone to put a stamp on a part time team - look at our first 6-8 games with McCall and even then we needed a raft of signings and people out the door. 

10 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If horn was going to be sacked it should’ve been weeks ago. 6 games is very little time for anyone to put a stamp on a part time team - look at our first 6-8 games with McCall and even then we needed a raft of signings and people out the door. 

McCall came in and basically said half the team would be out the door in January, it's no surprise it took him a while to get things going. Dick Campbell has done fairly well making East Fife competitive almost immediately, there's no reason Bonnyrigg can't get the same lift with a decent appointment. 

That said, I hope Bonnyrigg finish bottom because it'll be funny laughing at their wee deluded fans who have been thinking they'll win the league every year. 

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

An absolutely bizarre take from Farrell and I have no idea why he’s chosen to single out two of our better players for criticism. It’s not like either of them had a bad first half. He says some really weird things at times.

It's a form of trolling.  He knows these players are very popular with the fans and criticism of them is his way of showing that he's the boss.  It's happened before, Craig Britain's popularity got right up Chapman's humph to the extent that the wee man left under a bit of a cloud.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

McCall came in and basically said half the team would be out the door in January, it's no surprise it took him a while to get things going. Dick Campbell has done fairly well making East Fife competitive almost immediately, there's no reason Bonnyrigg can't get the same lift with a decent appointment. 

That said, I hope Bonnyrigg finish bottom because it'll be funny laughing at their wee deluded fans who have been thinking they'll win the league every year. 

Only issue I see with that theory is that East Fife have some very good players who were underperforming. Bonnyrigg don't. So whoever comes in will be working with the same rabble.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Only issue I see with that theory is that East Fife have some very good players who were underperforming. Bonnyrigg don't. So whoever comes in will be working with the same rabble.

Meh, renewed confidence and some organisation could get them competitive for the last 6 games. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Meh, renewed confidence and some organisation could get them competitive for the last 6 games. 

If they get a new manager bounce and stay up then a new gaffer to basically clear out the squad would be a masterstroke imo. 

If it turns out Robbie Horn's time is up, then I think he'll determine he was too loyal to the group of players who got them up. Who simply aren't up to this level.

On the opposite hand though, if they go down then he'd probably be the man you'd want in charge for the Lowland League. 

50 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Was coming on to say much the same thing, East Fife have far better players like Brian Easton, Trouten, Austin and a few others that should be getting results more like they have been under Campbell. 

There is obviously a confidence issue with Bonnyrigg, they had 11 points from the first 5 games and have taken 19 points from then next 75 available. But there’s no denying an obvious lack of quality. 

Some highlights incase anyone hadn't seen them. Didn't seem like a classic from those but I think that was to be expected based on the pitch and weather. 

I had seen the goals on twitter and assumed that Ruth hold up before sending Gray down the wing was the goal at first, literally just the same move and should've served as a warning shot. Think Gray actually does well for the second just waiting for someone to arrive rather than try shooting again from a tight angle.

Also chuckled at our second half kick off "routine", lay it off just to hoof it straight out the park. Lovely stuff.

On 23/03/2024 at 19:51, Jan Vojáček said:

My hot take for tonight is one that, imo, shouldn't be considered all that hot. If Mark Durnan had played every game for us this season then we wouldn't be anywhere near as far adrift of Stenny as we are. They'd still be Champions, and deservedly so, but it would've been a real title race.

I reckon it would be fascinating to see where we would be had Durnan, Long, and Young been available all season. I think we would have at least kept Stenny honest.

4 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Some highlights incase anyone hadn't seen them. Didn't seem like a classic from those but I think that was to be expected based on the pitch and weather. 

I had seen the goals on twitter and assumed that Ruth hold up before sending Gray down the wing was the goal at first, literally just the same move and should've served as a warning shot. Think Gray actually does well for the second just waiting for someone to arrive rather than try shooting again from a tight angle.

Also chuckled at our second half kick off "routine", lay it off just to hoof it straight out the park. Lovely stuff.

The number 15 at the pen. Wtf !

Put him in goals and they would likely be a few points better off.

For me Gray always impresses, there's no substitute for pace, and always positive and direct.

8 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

The number 15 at the pen. Wtf !

Put him in goals and they would likely be a few points better off.

For me Gray always impresses, there's no substitute for pace, and always positive and direct.

From those highlights it looked to me not to be a penalty. The defender had his hand up but it doesn't look like the ball hit it.

11 hours ago, rockson said:

From those highlights it looked to me not to be a penalty. The defender had his hand up but it doesn't look like the ball hit it.

Stonewaller...look at the reaction from the Bonnyrigg players...no protests

On 25/03/2024 at 19:26, rockson said:

Eh? That has to be one of the clearest hand balls you will ever see in your life. He doesn’t even protest against it. 

20 mins and 30 seconds into these highlights confirms it…

On 25/03/2024 at 19:26, rockson said:

I didn't think it was a penalty either, same opinion as yourself.

I mean the guy it's given against isn't exactly irate about the decision, which you would imagine he would be if the ball didn't hit his hand. Likewise no other Bonnyrigg player contests it. The ref is also in a good position looking right at it and gives it right away. It might be the clearest penalty we've had all season :lol: