Cove Rangers vs Hamilton Accies

This should be close we need a win for our playoff hopes and Hamilton will be wanting in the best possible form heading into the playoffs. We'll need Fyvie to be at his best with Mitch and Rumarn taking the chances they get and the defence will be tested a lot against a good Accies attack.

We've got a terrible record here and I've got a feeling that it will continue i don't think we've ever won here. Cove probably needs the points more than what we do at the moment a couple more poor results for Cove and a few wins for Alloa and Montrose and Cove will be out of the playoff race. I think a draw here which will mean that Falkirk will have officially won the league assuming that they win against Edinburgh 

Cove 1-1 Accies

On 19/03/2024 at 21:22, Ian Mcleod said:

We've got a terrible record here and I've got a feeling that it will continue i don't think we've ever won here. 

Teams at home have the advantage in these games both teams have poor records at each others grounds. Just going off first searches I get for these games so could be wrong but heres the teams record at each ground

Games at NDP

29/10/22 Hamilton 4-4 Cove

8/4/23 Hamilton 1-1 Cove

29/7/23 Hamilton 2-2 Cove Cove 4-3 on pens

5/8/23 Hamilton 1-0 Cove

13/1/24 Hamilton 2-0 Cove

Games at Balmoral

3/9/22 Cove 2-2 Hamilton

23/12/22 Cove 2-0 Hamilton

4/11/23 Cove 1-0 Hamilton 

I imagine this will be a tight affair as although we are not that good we are not terrible and seem to raise our game against the better teams (Montrose an exception).

My annual appearance in the posh seats for the actual corporate experience so any sort of result will be fine! 

Injury news from cove match preview. Yule out with his injury back training but still out for a  few weeks. Matty Shiels out for this game after getting injured last week. Sena is back and will be in the squad.

7 hours ago, covefan97 said:

Injury news from cove match preview. Yule out with his injury back training but still out for a  few weeks. Matty Shiels out for this game after getting injured last week. Sena is back and will be in the squad.

Shiels out will mean a return to the starting lineup for Jacob Jones if we want to play 3-5-2 / 5-3-2. Unless we switch Doyle to LB and play Darge at RB, with Sena playing as DCM in a possible 4-1-3-2.

I just read the pre-match article too. I'm not convinced by;

"When we’re on it, we can be really good, and that’s what I hope to see over the seven matches we have left.”

A couple of times this season, in small spells, we've looked good; thinking Montrose away when we won 3-0, against Accies at Balmoral, a first half against Annan and Kelty at home but generally we've played the same eye bleeding tactic of lobbing it long from defence to somewhere near Burrell. 

We'll be gunning for 3 points but my fear is that Accies could inflict similar damage by that of Montrose a couple of weeks back. Accies have pace, natural width, creativity and an inform Akheem Rose, who has 5 in his last 3. 

A few on our Facebook page have mentioned that the squad is a million miles away from when we won the league and sadly I fully agree. It's felt like a pending train wreck since New Year and it's almost turned out that way. 

Bookies offering 4/5 for an away win and 15/8 for HT/FT.

We're 11/4 to pick up the 3 points.

If I had to guess, Falkirk will need to wait another week in order to be crowned Champions.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just now, cdhafc1874 said:

We're winning.

Lyness looks shaky from cross balls.

Nothing else to report.

Down wind we had our chances but failed to hit target and really give Lyness something to save.

Accies looked threatening on the break and should have a pen right on half time, stonewaller.

Expect Accies to add to their tally with wind advantage