Morton Vs Pars - 23/03/2024

Expect improved Dunfermline team assuming injury list has improved.

Not sure that win over DU is any reflection of how it will go other than they are one of the poorest DU teams to grace the Championship so well done on that.

For us we need to find a striking solution if Oakely doesn't start or just plays off the bench. More width is needed and Bearne should get 60 mins to see if he can be the solution.

Power to start with Gillespie on after 60/65 minutes. Broadfoot back to the bench.

As for results we need two home wins in the next two weeks to contend for fourth spot, although you never know in this league.

With a £100,000 reward on offer for each league spot, better than 8th will make a great difference to our squad budget next year and help us get through these injury periods. As would not signing guys susceptible to injury and generally only available for 20 games season.

In the 5-0 game Oakley could have played with both legs in plaster and still had our back line on toast.

Suspect this game will be entirely different I think it will be more of a battle between him and our defenders if he's fit to play.

I think everything's pointing towards Oakley playing some part tomorrow. Far too much pressure on him to single-handedly rescue the season for my liking however, I'll be glad to just see him get minutes. Expectation has to be on the rest of the team to step it up a gear for me.

Just had a quick read of the managers pre-match comments and it's all fairly positive apart from the fact it looks like Ben Summers will miss out with a back injury that hasn't really improved this week. Rhys Breen and more importantly Chris Kane are back in the squad. I have a feeling he might stick with the winning team and keep Kane on the bench but who knows. Plus Andy Tod Jnr and Xavier Benjamin are available too, they just didn't make the bench due to having *wait for it* too many fit players WEYHEY!

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Plus Andy Tod Jnr and Xavier Benjamin are available too, they just didn't make the bench due to having *wait for it* too many fit players WEYHEY!

Taken us to the end of March to have a squad of players too big for the match day team.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Taken us to the end of March to have a squad of players too big for the match day team.

PHEW! I’m I glad we got players back by the end of march to give us a squad big enough to give us a fighting chance at survival. 

Aye it's really good! There was a time in mid to late January where things felt particularly bad, and I wondered if we'd actually see Bene, KRH and Matty Todd at all this season so to have them all back and playing well is great.

7 hours ago, Ferguson said:

I think everything's pointing towards Oakley playing some part tomorrow. Far too much pressure on him to single-handedly rescue the season for my liking however, I'll be glad to just see him get minutes. Expectation has to be on the rest of the team to step it up a gear for me.

Is the same way that people kept claiming this before the Hearts game too? 

692525030_Itsnothappeninghalflife3unconfirmed_2708f4_4656469.gif.51a2eddb0e665098337e35fec3dea4a9.gif

I had this totally amazing dream last night, I say we are going to win this game at a cantor today. Oh aye! The dream wasn’t about football in any way whatsoever 

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Great memories of the day we won the league in 2010/11. Roasting hot day in the WDE.

Have only been in that end once since, a game we lost 3-2 after being 0-2 in front.

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Great memories of the day we won the league in 2010/11. Roasting hot day in the WDE.

That was a great day. I also remember some guys invading the pitch and sheepishly skulking back when the others all booed them. 

13 minutes ago, Wacky said:

That was a great day. I also remember some guys invading the pitch and sheepishly skulking back when the others all booed them. 

About 2000 people whilst another 2000 stood and watched? Half the terrace was on the pitch. 

Apparently no Oakley again. Hope Imrie doesn’t persist with French playing CDM, and I’d really like to see Bearne and Garrity on from the start. We were much brighter with them on the pitch last week. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

About 2000 people whilst another 2000 stood and watched? Half the terrace was on the pitch. 

Outrageous behaviour.