Open Goal Podcast

17 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

I'm sure with over 100k subscribers they wont give a f**k whats said on here about them.

And yet here you are, giving all the fucks. 

I liked Open Goal back when Si Ferry done his interviews with random figures in Scottish football, his interviews with Jim Jeffries, Billy Brown and Yogi were really good to name a few.

Since they’ve moved to just interviewing managers of the month I’m not interested, didn’t really want to listen to him and “Slaney” stroke themselves silly while big Ange called them mate. Their weekly round up is absolutely shite and their knowledge of the league outside the OF is dire. 

Only ever really watched the Terrace tv show, never listened to their podcasts. The TV shows good though, would prefer if it was on directly after the Friday night championship games rather than after Still Game.  

Edited by Central Belt Caley

I watched Ferry, Slane and Ferguson going over to Bologna the other day to interview Lewis Ferguson and watch them play Inter as I thought that might actually show some insight. It was half an hour of 3 pished up neds dancing about singing that Lewis Ferguson song and then a 2 minute interview with Ferguson on the pitch at the end, where the conversation centred around Slane saying "ah pure canny believe yer playin fur Bologna mate". The thread should've been closed after the first reply, TV for cretins. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I watched Ferry, Slane and Ferguson going over to Bologna the other day to interview Lewis Ferguson and watch them play Inter as I thought that might actually show some insight. It was half an hour of 3 pished up neds dancing about singing that Lewis Ferguson song and then a 2 minute interview with Ferguson on the pitch at the end, where the conversation centred around Slane saying "ah pure canny believe yer playin fur Bologna mate". The thread should've been closed after the first reply, TV for cretins. 

bs.jpg

24 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

bs.jpg

I can see why you find Open Goal so funny anyway, immediately talking about the appearance of someone who holds a different opinion to you is about the level of that programme. Good luck to ye pal, it can't be nice realising you're a cretin so I understand this lashing out in anger.

I asked ChatGPT to describe the average viewer of A View From The Terrace

"A View From The Terrace" is a Scottish football television show that provides analysis, discussion, and coverage of Scottish football matches and events. The average viewer of "A View From The Terrace" is likely to be a dedicated football fan with a specific interest in Scottish football. They may be passionate supporters of a particular club or have a more general interest in the sport.

Viewers of the show are likely to enjoy in-depth analysis of Scottish football matches, discussions on tactics, player performances, and managerial decisions. They may also appreciate the show's focus on lesser-known teams and players within Scottish football, offering a broader perspective beyond the top clubs.

The average viewer of "A View From The Terrace" may also enjoy the show's presentation style, which often includes a mix of insightful commentary, humorous banter, and engaging discussions among the hosts and guests. Additionally, viewers may appreciate the show's efforts to highlight the unique aspects of Scottish football culture and its role within the broader footballing landscape.

Overall, the average viewer of "A View From The Terrace" is likely to be a football enthusiast who values thoughtful analysis, engaging discussion, and a genuine passion for the sport, particularly within the context of Scottish football.

I also asked it to describe the average listener to the Open Goal podcast

The Open Goal podcast primarily caters to football (soccer) enthusiasts, particularly those interested in Scottish football. The average listener is likely to be a passionate football fan who follows the Scottish leagues closely. They may have a strong connection to a specific club or have a general interest in the sport. Open Goal's content often includes interviews with current and former players, discussions on recent matches and events in the footballing world, as well as humorous and engaging banter related to the sport. Therefore, the average listener is likely to enjoy insightful analysis, entertaining anecdotes, and a lighthearted approach to discussing football. They may also appreciate the camaraderie and sense of community fostered by the podcast among fellow football fans.

Being 100% honest, if you had to construct a "median" listener of Open Goal it would probably be someone with a sleeve tattoo, a gymshark tracksuit who loves banter and for A View From The Terrace it'd be a bearded hipster who likes making jokes about wrestling on Twitter.

There's nothing wrong with both of these people - they all add to the rich, beautiful tapestry of life and I love and care for both these people very deeply.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Being 100% honest, if you had to construct a "median" listener of Open Goal it would probably be someone with a sleeve tattoo, a gymshark tracksuit who loves banter and for A View From The Terrace it'd be a bearded hipster who likes making jokes about wrestling on Twitter.

There's nothing wrong with both of these people - they all add to the rich, beautiful tapestry of life and I love and care for both these people very deeply.

you forgot to mention the average Open goal listener would batter f**k out of the average Terrace listener  😀

I'm joking im joking before you hipsters get your panties in a muddle.  

Why the penny isn’t dropping with the OP that a website that (predominantly) talks about football outside of the Old Firm, may not have an interest in Open Goal, I’m not sure.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Why the penny isn’t dropping with the OP that a website that (predominantly) talks about football outside of the Old Firm, may not have an interest in Open Goal, I’m not sure.

no im getting that 😀  your wrong about the old firm thou, there is much more to it if you take the time to listen to it which i can tell most havnt

Edited by Arab_R_us

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

OP strikes me as a bald headed 40 year old who still wears Stone Island jackets and Gazelles to the football.

He's kinda correct about AFTT people being wrestling watching, bearded nu-male types though

im not a nerd what does OP stand for, original poster? 

6 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

no im getting that 😀  your wring about the old firm thou, there is much more to it if you take the time to listen to it which i can tell most havnt

“Actually, if you take the time to really watch it, there’s a lot of substance to Mrs Brown’s Boys” 

5 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

no im getting that 😀  your wrong about the old firm thou, there is much more to it if you take the time to listen to it which i can tell most havnt

Stunning insight on other clubs like “What a job Dougie Imrie’s doing down there by the way”,

”Difficult place to go that” 

“What a player he was back in the day” 

Just now, TheGoon said:

Stunning insight on other clubs like “What a job Dougie Imrie’s doing down there by the way”,

”Difficult place to go that” 

“What a player he was back in the day” 

in the past they have talked about;

• players running down their contracts
  • what happens when your out of contract
  • what changing room are really like
  • money and what footballers really think about appearance bonuses etc etc

IE what really happens as they have been there.

I could go on and on, if you really want to know about what being a professional footballers is like particular in Scotland you get stuff on open goal you dont get anywhere else but you don't want to listen.