Open Goal Podcast

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

I'm just going to put it out there - for the past 5 years or so 'Woke' has probably been the most used word I have seen.  I have no idea what it actually means though and nobody ever can give an explanation

It is one of the most useful words in the English language. 

When it used as a derogatory term it means that you can simply ignore the ramblings of the person using it because they will be largely utterly worthless. 

Edited by John MacLean

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Just had a good look at myself after the accusation that I might be a snob... 

Beard ❌

Uni ❌

Wrestling ❌

Clubland Classics on repeat ✅

Played a lot of rugby ✅

Wanked in a food stuff and fed it to a mate ❌

Wait a minute...

Thanks @Arab_R_us, I'm now having an identy crisis! 

clubland Classics is firmly in Open Goal 12,000 morons territory

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

clubland Classics is firmly in Open Goal 12,000 morons territory

Really? So you'll need to explain to me why I think the show is presented by absolute morons if I'm part of 'that crowd'? 

Edited by Spyro

2 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

It is one of the most useful words in the English language. 

When it used as a derogatory term it means that you can simply ignore the ramblings of the person using, it because they will be largely utterly worthless. 

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCriticalDrinker

he uses the term quite a bit - today's Dr who is an example of how unbelievably Woke the BBC has become. Educate yourself mate.

Those well known signifiers of Middle Class status, beards and wrestling.

Marx could simply have not predicted.

4 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

It's in Capital, Vol. 2.  "Working class is when you don't have a beard and the more you don't have a beard the more working class you are."

10 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

If you don’t think that Si Ferry will advance class struggle, then you’re possibly not understanding wrestlemania correctly from a Marxist perspective. 

7 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

of course its bad what he did, my issue with it was that they wanted him cancelled where they invited onto the show people who had done IMO far worse.

Name them?

Posted (edited)

Whether your an OG or AVVTT fan is personal choice but the distinction I make between the two is on Open Goal, the boys seem like there genuinely having a laugh, which obviously translates into an entertaining watch. On the other show it is toe curling incessant forced jokes and fake laughing IMO, hence how one is popular and the other not so much. 

Edited by paddymcp

9 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

Stories you hear about Snodgrass is that he's a bully boy and not overly pleasant.   The entire open goal podcast mantra is shite juvenile banter that appeals to a certain demographic. Their product is fundamentally rotten.

Last time I saw Snodgrass on the park young David Watson absolutely bullied him and Snodgraas retired a few days or weeks later I’m sure.

3 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Whether your an OG or AVVTT fan is personal choice but the distinction I make between the two is on Open Goal, the boys seem like there genuinely having a laugh, which obviously translates into an entertaining watch. On the other show it is toe curling incessant forced jokes and fake laughing IMO, hence how one is popular and the other not so much. 

I can only think the OG listenership reside nearly exclusively within 15 miles of Glasgow Central, I don't get the humour and barely understand a word with the weird accents and all the cross talking.

I had the VTs from the show on the YouTube this morning while drinking a coffee and enjoyed it very much 

Also had the top 10 keepers podcast on on my way to Brechin last night to watch my mates team in a cup final 

Am I conflicted, do I need to pick a side?

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I had the VTs from the show on the YouTube this morning while drinking a coffee and enjoyed it very much 

Also had the top 10 keepers podcast on on my way to Brechin last night to watch my mates team in a cup final 

Am I conflicted, do I need to pick a side?

It’s weird that the 2 podcasts are always compared and seen as rivals isn’t it.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84