The Bully Wee Clyde vs The Spartans

Massive game again, I’m feeling weirdly confident going into Saturdays game I think Jordan Allan might have a brilliant game and get his first deserved hat trick. However, I’m just praying for 3 pts. There is a possibility we could be off the bottom of the table on Saturday evening so that would be a phenomenal feeling, especially after being 11pts behind not long ago.

If we can’t make up 3 points in 7 games on Bonnyrigg after watching them last week we frankly deserve to be relegated as they were hopeless and showed why they are currently in freefall

If we don’t get any injuries/suspensions over the remaining 7 games fairly confident we will end ahead of at least one of Bonnyrigg or Stranraer (assuming that we of course beat Stranraer in our game against them)

4 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

If we can’t make up 3 points in 7 games on Bonnyrigg after watching them last week we frankly deserve to be relegated as they were hopeless and showed why they are currently in freefall

If we don’t get any injuries/suspensions over the remaining 7 games fairly confident we will end ahead of at least one of Bonnyrigg or Stranraer (assuming that we of course beat Stranraer in our game against them)

Agreed, but as you say injuries, suspensions could kick in....also, don't forget BR have 4 or 5 key players out and if they return soon....this could still easily go down to the wire....there are no easy games in the run in and everyone in the league appears to want us gone.

To even be in this fight is a complete disgrace and no-one who loves this Club should forget the ludicrous decisons at Board level that put  us here.

Please god we stay in league 2, but the Board has to be removed if we are to challenge next season for promotion. Surviving in league 2 is just not good enough for Clyde FC.

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Surviving in league 2 is just not good enough for Clyde FC

Certainly. The past six months have shown us beyond all doubt that we've been having the pish ripped out of us as a support/group of owners for the past few seasons.

It's funny how that when the panic really starts to set in and it looked like we were destined to be relegated into Lowland League oblivion, we're able to source Maitland, money, a great management team and assemble a playing squad arguably up there with the best in League 2. Imagine that proactivity was there when we were promoted to League 1, instead of getting by merely on hoping there were two teams worse than us until our luck finally ran out. Obviously there's more to it, and the situation is not as simple to navigate as I've just laid it out to be but generally, the optics are absolutely shocking.

Hopefully we can stay up and this season is the kick up the arse the club needs going forward because there are going to be no end to the ambitious clubs champing at the bit to replace the deadwood such as us in the professional leagues.

ANYWAY I digress. Two draws and one narrow defeat against the Spartans this season when our form was objectively much poorer than it is now has me feeling fairly hopeful for Saturday, although it will be a difficult game. I'd like to see Howie drop back into defence - he was in midfield last week presumably to win high balls that drop in midfield but the game mostly passed him by. If he had been with us a wee bit longer, I wouldnt mind him in there to give a bit more protection to the defence. Sula hasn't done much wrong though so I wouldn't be averse to Howie starting on the bench. Again, I'd like to see Alex King move out of left back and start on the right of the attacking midfield three with Leitch or Kabia on the other side but McCall will have King at left back. The team I'd like to see is:

- Kinnear -

- Lyon - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Ballantyne -

- King - Rennie - Kabia -

- Allan -

6 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Surviving in league 2 is just not good enough for Clyde FC.

Dont know where you get that statement from.

The club has been in the doldrums for decades.  Probably most of the time that I have been following them for 40+ years.

With the exception of a few seasons (Early 80s with Pat Nevin and Danny Masterton, 1/2 season under Dazzling Dez Walker in 86/87??? were we seemed to score 5 every other week, Maitlands Juniors, Graham Roberts All Stars, couple of season under Kernaghan, L2 promotion v Annan) we have struggled towards the bottom of whatever league we have been in.

Facing facts.  We are a club without our own ground and an aging and dwindling hardcore support of maybe 400-500.

There are plenty of other teams that could claim they are bigger than us.  (a lot of them in leagues currently below us).

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Certainly. The past six months have shown us beyond all doubt that we've been having the pish ripped out of us as a support/group of owners for the past few seasons.

It's funny how that when the panic really starts to set in and it looked like we were destined to be relegated into Lowland League oblivion, we're able to source Maitland, money, a great management team and assemble a playing squad arguably up there with the best in League 2. Imagine that proactivity was there when we were promoted to League 1, instead of getting by merely on hoping there were two teams worse than us until our luck finally ran out. Obviously there's more to it, and the situation is not as simple to navigate as I've just laid it out to be but generally, the optics are absolutely shocking.

Hopefully we can stay up and this season is the kick up the arse the club needs going forward because there are going to be no end to the ambitious clubs champing at the bit to replace the deadwood such as us in the professional leagues.

ANYWAY I digress. Two draws and one narrow defeat against the Spartans this season when our form was objectively much poorer than it is now has me feeling fairly hopeful for Saturday, although it will be a difficult game. I'd like to see Howie drop back into defence - he was in midfield last week presumably to win high balls that drop in midfield but the game mostly passed him by. If he had been with us a wee bit longer, I wouldnt mind him in there to give a bit more protection to the defence. Sula hasn't done much wrong though so I wouldn't be averse to Howie starting on the bench. Again, I'd like to see Alex King move out of left back and start on the right of the attacking midfield three with Leitch or Kabia on the other side but McCall will have King at left back. The team I'd like to see is:

- Kinnear -

- Lyon - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Ballantyne -

- Allan -

Would be interesting to know if the investment post January was just using the unused budget from the start or whether some other 3rd parties monies have been added.

You say you would like to have an attacking midfield 3 including Leitch then dont even pick him.  😀

Anyway I always prefer 3 at the back and would go with the following

- Kinnear -

- Sula - Hamilton - Howie -

-Cuddihy (if fit) -                           -McGinn           

- Ballantyne -

- Allan -

Kinnaer

Sula   Hamilton(C)   Howie  McGinn

Ballantyne   Grant

Rennie.             Leitch                Kabia

Allan

That is how I would set up going into Saturday’s game. I would consider bringing on Cuddhy at HT is he is fit enough.

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Kinnaer

Sula   Hamilton(C)   Howie  McGinn

Ballantyne   Grant

Rennie.             Leitch                Kabia

Allan

That is how I would set up going into Saturday’s game. I would consider bringing on Cuddhy at HT is he is fit enough.

I'd love to see McGinn get another chance, but seems like McCall has taken a shine to King playing at Left back. Mind you guessing a Clyde lineup is becoming a tricky affair these days. So anything is possible. 

8 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I'd love to see McGinn get another chance, but seems like McCall has taken a shine to King playing at Left back. Mind you guessing a Clyde lineup is becoming a tricky affair these days. So anything is possible. 

yea but leaving out alan seems bizarre to me

Cuddihy is terrified to put a foot in after his early booking. Howie might make sense in midfield away to Bonnyrigg but not for this game. Ballantyne continues to offer nothing.

Can't win a game with 3 useless central midfielders.

The ref trying his best to outdo Clyde in the shite performance stakes here. Not at it at all, as has been said Howie doesn't really make sense in there. Lucky not to be behind given some of the situations Spartans have chiselled out; thankfully their final ball has been really poor.

Did well to get in 0-0 there. Been a few hairy moments including the one right at the end. Midfield have been non-existent and need changed. I’d imagine we’ve kept Sula in thinking Henderson would be starting for The Spartans. Kabia should try running towards goal as he absolutely rinsed the defender the one time he attempted it.

Sula, Kinnear and possibly Hamilton at a push have done well. The rest have been dreadful.

Both the bookings were abysmal decisions, the Spartans player only booked because he had booked Cuddihy.