Elgin City v Forfar Athletic

A couple of months ago most would have predicted this to be a massive game between two teams battling relegation. Now both teams will see it às an opportunity to give themselves a good chance of finishing in the top half. These fixtures have ɓeen tight and low scoring over the last couple of years, however both have improved a lot even since the last meeting in January. Elgin have good options in most positions just now and though I don't think Hale will change much after two wins in a row, it's nice to have players who can make a difference off the bench.

Still think we could do with another win to keep us clear of the bottom 3 as they will undoubtedly pick up points along the way. Don’t want to be going into last couple of games needing a win. Forfar are on a good run and are always difficult opponents. I see a draw coming!

Another win would go a long way to securing safety and it is still tight at the bottom. It would be nice to score 3 goals in a match but Forfar are difficult to break down. The movement of Golding up front has made a big difference even though he is not a prolific scorer. If he was he would be playing at a higher level.Booth at left back has been a great signing and Gallacher is a talented footballer. Surprised Macleman has not been given more game time since he did score goals for us but perhaps he is a too similar player to the other midfielders and is being kept for next season.

Hopefully 3 points on Saturday and we can then relax a little

I would agree MacLeman has been unfortunate not to play more recently, he was our best midfielder in the first half of the season. His week or two back at County before signing permanently coincided with the arrival of numerous players in his positions and an upturn in form of the team, plus Dingwall getting back to fitness and Soapy looking more like his old self. He's still young and should be a good player for us in the future.

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Don't think we've scored more than 2 in a game this season have we? It would not be very wise to predict a goalfest, and so that is exactly what I'll do. 7-4 Elgin.

Indeed we haven’t. Annan away in November last season was the most recent occasion.

We’ve broken a few unwanted runs in the past couple of months so hopefully that’s one more to get off our back before the seasons out!

Edited by CrispyMelon

Probably a fair score. Both keepers have had busier days. 

Forfar were better than I anticipated and I can see why they haven’t lost for some time now - I can also see why that was their 15th draw of the season. Well organised at the back, well up for the game just very little end product.

We weren’t at our best today and I thought we badly missed Golding. Jones was getting very little change out of the Forfar defence, he thrives as an impact sub. Keith Bray was excellent when he came on and I imagine he will start next week.

Both goals were good today but Lyall Booth’s was a brilliant strike. Definitely one to catch when the SPFL post their goal roundup.

Edited by CrispyMelon

27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No worse off I suppose.

4th May could be very interesting...

The way the season is going, I'm not sure there will be anything to play for by then.

Bonnyrigg don't look like getting another win, and Clyde look more than capable of being 4 clear of them by then.