Elgin City v Forfar Athletic

Also, it was a great crowd today, our best attendance since the Motherwell game in July. I know Ladies Day will have boosted the crowd above its normal figure but 886 is an excellent number at this level. Terrace was packed today

Edited by CrispyMelon

On seeing that Golding was absent and Jones was playing I felt a point would be good. Golding has great movement and creates opportunities for others. Hopefully he will be available for next week as our record at East Fife is poor. We improved when Jones came off as Bray installed some much needed pace . Booth is a real find. Forfar were stuffy but apart from the goal which should have been better defended they created nothing and with a wee bit of luck we could have snatched a winner. 6 games to go and 1 or perhaps 2 wins should be enough

Another game where we're cursing missed chances, but a draw is still a fair result. 2 very good goals and not much for either keeper to do outside of a couple of chances. Booth was very impressive as were the 2 centre halfs.

Felt for Jones today, he had a shocker and couldn't seem to get anything right. One of those days for him. 

Draw was a fair result I thought. Not the greatest game but 2 very well taken goals. Golding was a huge miss for us and we missed his ability to take the ball and keep it in the final third. Results went our way so not a disaster. Nice to see a good crowd - ladies day helps obviously but the performances are undoubtably bringing a few more in.

The conditions made for a pretty uneventful game and a draw was pretty reflective. I agree Bray made a difference and as mentioned Booth is class. I really hope Golding is back next week as without him we were a bit lacking up front.

21 hours ago, CrispyMelon said:

Keith Bray was excellent

Going to be unpopular here, but I don't rate Bray. He's pacy, but too lightweight, imo. Jones had a poor game, but the rest of the team played well, esp, Cairns, Booth, Dingwall and Jeffreys. Soapy is showing his class again.

It was a game of two halves thanks to the wind.

18 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Going to be unpopular here, but I don't rate Bray. He's pacy, but too lightweight, imo. Jones had a poor game, but the rest of the team played well, esp, Cairns, Booth, Dingwall and Jeffreys. Soapy is showing his class again.

It was a game of two halves thanks to the wind.

I agree on Bray. Flatters to deceive for me. Decision making wrong on most occasions. Just a young lad yet but I think there is a few local wide players who could easily do a job at least aswell as he is.

Bray was class when he came on, took on the role Jeffreys had out wide and caused the Forfar defence chaos. Still rather MacLeman had some game time as he was one of our best players early on in the season and has been unlucky to be out of the team.

Bray is just a bairn and inconsistency of performance will come in part from that. He definitely has a talent though and I personally haven’t seen any local wide players who were as good as he is.