Netherlands (A) - 22/03/2024

Good first half, thought Gilmour in particular was excellent. 

I would be trying to let Patterson play through it over these games tbh - Dyche has ruined what he was good at attacking wise. He just needs to rediscover that a bit. 

Christie, Gilmour and Hendry have been excellent. The rest ok bar Patterson who’s lack of football is showing. 

Just now, edinabear said:

I can't recall a Scotland side ever being this comfortable against a top team away. And then a goal from nothing 

We have been comfortable on the  ball which is good. However, one good save aside we haven’t really troubled their keeper.

A lot of good build up play let down by a final ball. If we can address that in the second half then we will be in with a shout. 

Overall we are unlucky to go in 1-0 down. 

Generally happy.

Passed it well, great save off Christie by Flekken to keep it 0-0. First time we don't press a man on the edge of the box and it goes in, with no covering himself in glory. Patterson looks pish. Other than that, we're still well in this.

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

We desperately need Hickey back at RB

This for me, patterson the weak link in what was a pretty good first half performance. must’ve ran the ball out of play 4 times not even under pressure.

all we needed was a goal. 
Clarke always tries to limit opposition to long shots only, typical that they score a 25yarder. Should’ve been closed down a bit more and Gunn maybe could’ve done better. 
Mctominay booking was harsh but he’s had about 5/6 fouls since, needs off for Ferguson before he’s sent off. 

I think Patterson would be fine with some game time.

You can see what he’s trying to do and he’s actually done some good stuff, got into great positions, but his execution is a bit off and I suspect that comes back with game time. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Watched the replay.

Liam Kelly palms that into the goal.

Zander Clark saves it.

Craig Gordon catches it with a pint in his hand and doesn't spill a drop.

Bit pish from Gunn the more I see it.

Zander Clark saves it but then punches the resulting corner into his own net.  

Agreed with all of this. We've been great, and even though we're one down then it's a friendly so I don't really care.

Shankland has struggled a little, but you can't blame him for not getting much change out of Van Dijk. Patterson's been dodgy, and I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd like to see Ralston in the second half.

Christie has been class, Gilmour has been class, Robertson and Tierney are back to their good shit again.

More of the same second half, would like to see Ralston, Ferguson and Dykes pretty soon

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t mind our only keeper not throwing himself against a post in a friendly match tbh. 

crop-8929551.jpg

Not really getting the criticism of Gunn at the goal. Particularly when you see it from behind the goal, he's at full stretch and almost gets his fingertips to the ball. Great strike.