Financial Concerns & Restraints.

I agree they need some intermediate team or teams from youths to 1st team.

I do see they have an under 17 team just now - after this give them good coaching and in a more senior league.

The clubs focus rightly or wrongly is on the first team which is in line with most supporters rather than the nepotism of youth football.

6 hours ago, the philosopher said:

I agree they need some intermediate team or teams from youths to 1st team.

I do see they have an under 17 team just now - after this give them good coaching and in a more senior league.

The clubs focus rightly or wrongly is on the first team which is in line with most supporters rather than the nepotism of youth football.

Nepotism, favouritism, pick the big boy has been the downfall of Scottish football for decades now, both at club and international level. A club like Annan ( as guilty as any ) now more than ever must and can change with strong leadership and vision. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2024 at 08:06, annan4eva said:

Nepotism, favouritism, pick the big boy has been the downfall of Scottish football for decades now, both at club and international level. A club like Annan ( as guilty as any ) now more than ever must and can change with strong leadership and vision. 

I agree. I was a good defender and I lost my place in the school team because the coach wanted to play his son AFTER his son stomped on my Capri Sun! NOT IMPRESSED!