🔴🟡PTFC vs ICT🔵🔴 - 30th March 2024

Thistle really need to get out the traps early and take the game to ICT. We need to create and take chances as stated previously there isn't a lot of scope to change the game from bench.

I'd like to see Stanway come in to the midfield but I have a nagging feeling Doolan may start Blair The Ghost.

I'll predict a nervy 2-1 home win. 

3 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Thistle really need to get out the traps early and take the game to ICT. We need to create and take chances as stated previously there isn't a lot of scope to change the game from bench.

I'd like to see Stanway come in to the midfield but I have a nagging feeling Doolan may start Blair The Ghost.

I'll predict a nervy 2-1 home win. 

In our last home game we seemed to switch to more of a 4-1-4-1 formation so if we stuck with that Alston would probably be more of a like-for-like swap. I’d like to see Stanway come in though.

That midfield worries me quite a lot. Same one that played against United for most of the match but we really struggled to control the game in the middle of the park and I suspect that will happen again today.

John Beaton inflicting us with his presence today, first time he's reffed one of our league games since 2019, when we... eh... lost 2-1 at home to Inverness. Though he has done some cup games since, most recently our panelling off Hearts at Tynecastle earlier this season.

That bench shows how thin the squad is, obviously Loney has had rave reviews at youth level and EPL clubs after him but it's obviously different playing at senior level.

Edit: fucking hell I'm old

image.png.44af32e57db70681d8fd1df9f533e9ad.png

Edited by Fuctifano

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Anyone watching on the stream, did Robinson look offside at the goal? Because he looked a couple of yards offside from the Lambie. 

Yeah he was on. I assumed he was off so didn't react when the ball hit the net (as the stream camera wasn't wide enough to see the linesman running back) but it's not even close when you see the replay

That aside, probably a bit fortunate to be ahead, ICT had been better team for first 35 minutes, would have been some OG by Milne for the one that hit the bar but we got a bit of momentum with the chances for Graham and Robinson just before the goal. 

Stanway had been throwing in a legit 1/10 performance prior to his shot which led to the goal and good to see an opposition keeper make a mistake in our favour after our nightmares in that position this season. 

ICT trying to tiki-taka it through the middle of our defence on a quagmire of a pitch is not what I expected from them. Definite simluation from Samuel and Kerr, the latter probably would have got a foul if he'd just kept running rather than launch himself.