Hearts v Killie 30/03/24

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/03/2024 at 14:39, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Discuss.

Killie coming into this one with confidence after blitzing St Mirren, I'll be sensible and predict a score draw.

Spot on, and fair dues - Killie are really good team this season and the fair result was a draw. I'd say you deserve 4th at the end. Only criticism I have is that Shanks needs to fall when fouled. (A player who struggles on and doesn't fall like a shot deer, ain't going to get anything with refs like Collum.

22 minutes ago, Fergie's Free Kick said:

Spot on, and fair dues - Killie are really good team this season and the fair result was a draw. I'd say you deserve 4th at the end. Only criticism I have is that Shanks needs to fall when fouled. (A player who struggles on and doesn't fall like a shot deer, ain't going to get anything with refs like Collum.

At least Vargas done okay on the falling score.

Thought a draw was about fair. Better result for us than Killie though, but no one settled and both teams were trying to win it.

Enjoyable game. Good play from Shankland at our goal and Watkins' was a fucker. 

26 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Given that's the second time you've mentioned it I guess you are very exercised by diving.  I'll assume you don't think much of Danny Armstrong as a player

And Armstrong dived how many times today? And I mean like not diving holding the opposite knee like a fairy.

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Fair play to the Killie social media bod there.

Also, enjoyable game, both teams going for the win, and an incredible strike from Watkins (which had the absolute half wit behind me in the main stand giving it, 'how's Clark no fucking saved that?', which just sums up that particular moron).

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought a draw was about fair. Better result for us than Killie though, but no one settled and both teams were trying to win it.

Enjoyable game. Good play from Shankland at our goal and Watkins' was a fucker. 

If anybody had lost that game they’d have had every right to feel sorry for themselves 

2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

And I mean like not diving holding the opposite knee like a fairy.

He is a bit of a fanny isn’t he? Even when he does get legitimately fouled he throws himself to the floor like he’s been shot. Can’t fall normally it always has to be theatrical

An enjoyable game, I thought.

Could have gone either way. Didn't think Hearts were fantastic, but good in spells. Ultimately the point is fine.

Feels like we're going to slow down a bit in the run in. Not really a big deal as the hard work was done in the winter. Four points from the next two would do fine.

17 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Feels like we're going to slow down a bit in the run in. Not really a big deal as the hard work was done in the winter. Four points from the next two would do fine.

I'm hopeful we won't. Big squad of players trying to get in with a point to prove. Yesterday was a lot of guys who'd been all over the world and only returned to training on Friday. Next week will tell us a lot though in that regard.

Not surprised we weren't at our best but still thought we were decent at times.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm hopeful we won't. Big squad of players trying to get in with a point to prove. Yesterday was a lot of guys who'd been all over the world and only returned to training on Friday. Next week will tell us a lot though in that regard.

Not surprised we weren't at our best but still thought we were decent at times.

It's a fair point about the international break. We'll see.

The semi-final will have an impact too. If we win it, I can see the foot coming off the pedal in league games, like two years ago when we basically walking-paced the post-split games in the run up to the final.

I'd like to see us push on and get closer to 70 points than 60, put down a bit of a marker.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

I don’t get the mat thing… 

There was a womens game played at Tynecastle a week or so ago where Rangers used the home dressing room and had a huge sticker of their own badge over the Hearts one in the dressing room. Hearts released a statement complaining about it. 

13 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's not that good a goal. The defending is brutal.

And if every defenses never made mistakes they'd be no goals in virtually any game. 

You can't possibly question the skill involved to set it out so wide and bend it back on target, KillieTV shows our subs, warming up behind the goals, had their hands in the air before it even crossed the line.

Edited by C4mmy31