Hearts v Killie 30/03/24

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game this. Realistically a draw would be fine, Killie are unlikely to overtake us anyway, but if you keep it at 11 points of a lead and stopped them cutting it to 8 it stops any unnecessary nerves.  That said we are at home and should be looking to win. Before the international break Naismith said we should have Nieuwenhof and Kent back, but it seems to have gone a bit quiet on them so no idea. Would be a massive boost if they were available.

We have a lot of players travelling long distances back after international duty so it might effect our lineup a bit. Think Oda might start over Vargas and McKay is back as well and although he's unlikely to start, it'll be great to have him back as an option off the bench.

I'll go for a narrow 2-1 win for Hearts.

All things considered we should have our strongest squad of the season available tomorrow. Basically Halkett, Haring and Boyce long term injuries and everyone else fit. Makes for our strongest bench, by far, we've had in some time. 

Assuming he continues to stick with Clark in goals I'd like to see the following, though Forrest may start for either Oda or Vargas the latter of whom only got back from international duty today. 

Clark

Rowles   Kent   Kingsley

Lembikisa                                     Cochrane

Baningime   Hoff

Oda        Shankland     Vargas 

Subs:

Gordon

Atkinson

Sibbick

Devlin

Tait

McKay

Grant

Forrest

Tagawa

Fraser and Denholm miss out. 

Very tough game ahead, but one that I'm looking forward to.

Killie did a proper number on us at Tynecastle earlier in the season. Came for a 0-0 and from five minutes in, it was clear they were going to get it. A genuinely impressive display of controlling the game and allowing/forcing Hearts to play into their hands.

Since then we've PUMPED them at Rugby Park twice (by a goal) and are generally a much better side than we were back in August.

That said, it feels like a game where we need to score first. I don't think we particularly need to score early, as, in terms of third place it's not us that need to win the game. So, I reckon we'll have chances in the second half.

Place is sold out, a lot riding on the game. Should be a great day.

Between hardly missing a Killie game in months, the Euros coming up etc, I thought it might be time to patch an away day and just watch it on Killie TV.

Why I chose my favourite away day to miss is anyone's guess, but I think the fact the ticket allocation sold out was a factor. If there had still been tickets on sale this week I'd likely have just decided f**k it and headed through. 

Game before the international break will go down as one of my favourite games I've ever been at. Hopefully that confidence is still flowing through the squad and we believe we can come up and get a good result. 

Certainly got a good record at Tynecastle over the years.

Thought we were great all over the pitch today. Always happy to come from behind to rescue a point, but disappointed we didn't win it given how good we were.

Conceded a goal too easily the first time they asked questions of us. Otherwise we were great, had some cracking chances and surprised we didn't take more. 

What a goal that is from Marley.

Just now, stevieKTID said:

I'm developing quite a serious man crush on Marley Watkins.

Arguably the best signing McInnes has made, never expected the influence he'd have in games and well on track to break his highest ever league tally of goals.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Arguably the best signing McInnes has made, never expected the influence he'd have in games and well on track to break his highest ever league tally of goals.

He's been amazing, he's got a bit of everything he never stops running, he's physically strong and great with the ball at his feet, get him signed up for next season.

He's Marley you know.