Cove V Stirling Albion

Who's going? I can't make it so will have to rely on Twitter and here for match updates. I was tempted to pop down to training tonight with stepladder and binoculars but got some strange looks last time. I'll leave the tactics board til nearer the time in case there are any Cove spies 😁. I think Offord might get a chance this time with the defence picking itself these days. Midfield still not sure.

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Who's going? I can't make it so will have to rely on Twitter and here for match updates. I was tempted to pop down to training tonight with stepladder and binoculars but got some strange looks last time. I'll leave the tactics board til nearer the time in case there are any Cove spies 😁. I think Offord might get a chance this time with the defence picking itself these days. Midfield still not sure.

@SA45 i will be there on Saturday...I shall pass you on my match report after the dust settles...

I'm like yourself with team selection 

however I'm still looking at changing the shape slightly 

Goalkeeper obviously remains the same 

Solid back 4 remains the same.... plaudits to Cammy for last week 👏 Pab's leadership is awesome 👌 

1 change is going to be Hilson dropping out & a midfield 4 of Banner off the Right... Crane/Leitch in middle... McPake off the left 

Carrick/Offord up front...a bit of pace to share the workload rather than Carrick doing it alone....

Self belief, desire & willingness to dig deep for each other....no fear....C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪

I won't make this one.

I'd be more than happy with a draw most likely.

Will need more of last weeks battling spirit.

Offord is probably worth a start.

I'd switch him in for Hilson and give him that second striker/right wing position. He's versatile enough to be able to play either.

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 i will be there on Saturday...I shall pass you on my match report after the dust settles...

I'm like yourself with team selection 

however I'm still looking at changing the shape slightly 

Solid back 4 remains the same.... plaudits to Cammy for last week 👏 Pab's leadership is awesome 👌 

1 change is going to be Hilson dropping out & a midfield 4 of Banner off the Right... Crane/Leitch in middle... McPake off the left

Carrick/Offord up front...a bit of pace to share the workload rather than Carrick doing it alone....

Self belief, desire & willingness to dig deep for each other....no fear....C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪

That's actually my team but with a wee twist. Once I get the tactics board sorted I'll post it tomorrow night once Hartley has done his Powerpoint presentation.

4 minutes ago, SA45 said:

That's actually my team but with a wee twist. Once I get the tactics board sorted I'll post it tomorrow night once Hartley has done his Powerpoint presentation.

I genuinely thought about your tactics board after Cammy played that pass from that inverted full back position....

Look forward to seeing the twist

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 

Well I dropped him last week due to distribution issues and ended up sitting near his whole family🤦‍♂️. "Oh aye, great keeper, saved a penalty last week but his kicking....." Then his wife says to the baby on her lap "wave to Daddy in goals". Moved a few rows at half-time.

Edited by SA45

I'm sure DY will have it all covered but just in case, tomorrow's tactics board.

I'm going with Offord central and DC behind a bit just to confuse. I'm not sure what was on DY's note last week but McPake moved inside more and even central and was more effective - I'm hoping the "front 3" switch around and cause havoc. Who would have thought C Clark is now undroppable in the roving/inverted LB role, possibly since Crane can cover for him. Still not sure about the right side but it will have to do.

And for those partaking of the Cove food kiosk perhaps some feedback on their pies etc. Do they do a fish product given their location?

lineup.png

They have the dearest pie's in the league...Coo fields at the back 

Just to update... Carrick didn't train last night 😕

Hopefully he's ok & can go with the suggested 2 upfront as stated earlier,, I'd like to see them play across the line,, leaving a bit of space & not be a statue that's easy to mark,, pace is an asset, defender's hate it.. like what McPake brings to the team, I'd just like him to sometimes look up & not try to do it all himself 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

19 hours ago, SA45 said:

I'm sure DY will have it all covered but just in case, tomorrow's tactics board.

I'm going with Offord central and DC behind a bit just to confuse. I'm not sure what was on DY's note last week but McPake moved inside more and even central and was more effective - I'm hoping the "front 3" switch around and cause havoc. Who would have thought C Clark is now undroppable in the roving/inverted LB role, possibly since Crane can cover for him. Still not sure about the right side but it will have to do.

And for those partaking of the Cove food kiosk perhaps some feedback on their pies etc. Do they do a fish product given their location?

lineup.png

I have the tactics note to pass onto DY 🇵🇪 💪

C'mon the bino's 

20240330_132828.thumb.jpg.ca5f5f9fc8812ba9fdb518bf786c7993.jpg

36 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Connell in for Megginson 

Suman in for Demus

GJ7BqLDWcAAV-Gn.jpeg

Surprised to see Balint dropped but Suman is a strong replacement, it's not our area of weakness or concern.

Mitch must be injured but doubt his absence will be too noticeable.

Suspect it will be a modified version of 3-5-2.

If we have any hope of 4th, then our home games to need to be wins, starting here today.

After a 5 hr drive both ways that was a painful watch....Trying to be as honest as possible IMO 

Scoreline shows 4-2 Cove...not here to blame ref's or linesman although they were so shite, especially the ref 😡 absolute joke...some strange dodgy decisions 🤔 

Most notable Suman goes over the top of his own man in the box....we are in possession...play goes on for around 20 secs ..we are still in possession in the box creating opportunities...but he blows the whistle...gives a drop ball back to Suman....WTF ..absolute shocker not to mention some of his decisions...

Right onto the game ..we start off  4...5...1 with Offord wide RM... McPake wide LM... Crane & Banner holding in the middle..Leitch a roving role ..Spenny upfront....same back 4.... we did ok...passed it well when in possession but it was a bit slow...when we put it wide we looked dangerous & thats how 1st goal came...wide to Offord who drove infield & hit an unstoppable left foot shot....1-0 bino's.... then we fell out the game..became passive & let them play in front of us side to side & strech the midfield...the equaliser came from a nothing ball across ..ends up in the 6yd box Burrel facing away from goal, yet it bounces twice, he rolls the defender & easy prod home....poor goal to concede & worst to follow...we were so flat .. no voices out there...we concede a corner...JoJo marking his man instead of attacking the ball it flys off his head into the top corner...could have been anyone but was all part of a nightmare for JoJo..

2-1 down & DY changes to a 4-4-2 before half time & Offord upfront with Spence...Banner RM...he pushed Leitch out to LM & brought McPake inside for the last 5 mins of 1st half...no disrespect to Spence but upfront on his own he was easy to mark & couldn't retain the ball so they were able to push another into midfield....we definitely looked better 4-4-2.... half time 2-1 Cove 

Then onto the nightmare 2nd half... start off slowly & they get the ball down the right...the boy sclaffs a shot along the ground...a real Tommy trundler & it finds its way into bottom corner...Blair's positioning could have been better IMO & would have been a routine save....we hit back straight away with an Cammy Clark special...an absolute belter....laid off into his path from Offord & he rifles it into top corner....2 keeper's wouldn't have stopped it....

We are still doing ok at this point...still passing the ball rather than hoofing it...just not getting the final ball right...McPake has a great chance to equalise.... 18 yds out middle of the goals but blazed it high & wide...we kept battling and made 3 subs....Hilson for a tired Spence...then Milne for an average Banner who seems to be struggling at this level..game bypassed him & poor control/distribution... Cooper for Leitch who huffed & puffed without making any real threat..

We were trying to apply pressure...with a few long balls on the break from them JoJo lacking in composure hoofed a few out of play...but i think Blair should be talking to him...it was so quiet.... then the horror of the 4th...it says JoJo with 2nd OG but it was all down to Blair...a simple backpass to him & he takes his eye of it...next thing it's rolling by him into the net....4 goals for Cove & they didn't have to work for any of them....shot ourselves in the foot..

A few players if dropped next week could have no complaints 

Blair had a shocker today...distribution poor & horrendous error for the 4th...great shot stopper...but a nightmare with it at his feet 

JoJo very slack in possession & not strong enough...2 OGS but unlucky with them 

Leitchy made no impact 

Banner was sloppy 

So with 4 player's off it your going to struggle...& we did by giving away 4 avoidable goals...

I expected more today...thought we could take something...but defending like that you have no answer...scoring 2 was a plus...but letting 4 past your never going to pick up anything...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Weir in goals next week after today 

Cummings maybe alongside Pab's 

Leitch & Banner could have no complaints...

Trying not to dwell, we are still 3 clear of Annan,,I still believe we will be ok 👌 

Plus performances were Cammy again...Crane did well in Middle of the park 

McPake when going forward & Offord 

Alloa next week, let's hope Speedy's hammy isn't to bad, i think him & Offord will be a good combination 

Head's up...we move on....last word to the support...Great following today...backed the team from the 1st minute Bino's 🇵🇪 💪

You can’t concede 2 own goals and expect to get anything from the game. Despite that I thought we played well in the last quarter and could have snatched a point. 

dreadful referee

Thanks Beepee. That's another GK/defensive comedy show by the sound of it after the one at Annan. Think there could be a few changes next week put still positive we can stay 8th or above. Pray for Jordan.

Did you sample the pies?