Livi v Celtic (Kieran Airns RIP)

Basically Scotland v Ireland, think you lot are in the wrong league/ country

Singing about the IRA is totally unacceptable and it this rhetoric that stops everyone moving on.

Of course if you ask a Celtic fan specifically, they'll say it wasn;t me'...

Just like Gaza, silence is compliance.

Guy with megaphone was a fucking embarrassment, awful... please stop him.

Thought there were some positives from the game, quite a few negatives, but overall more or less what I expected, not that fussed.

6 hours ago, larry the lion said:

Basically Scotland v Ireland, think you lot are in the wrong league/ country

Singing about the IRA is totally unacceptable and it this rhetoric that stops everyone moving on.

Of course if you ask a Celtic fan specifically, they'll say it wasn;t me'...

Just like Gaza, silence is compliance.

Guy with megaphone was a fucking embarrassment, awful... please stop him.

Thought there were some positives from the game, quite a few negatives, but overall more or less what I expected, not that fussed.

It's funny that, it's entire stadiums full of the bigot twins singing their pish every week but whenever individuals are asked it's never them doing the singing, they're always that 1%.

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

It's funny that, it's entire stadiums full of the bigot twins singing their pish every week but whenever individuals are asked it's never them doing the singing, they're always that 1%.

You talk some amount of shite. Entire stadiums. 😂

39 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

You talk some amount of shite. Entire stadiums. 😂

Not often that I agree with you, but you're of course correct here. It's not entire stadiums, it's entire away sections. Given that I sit right next to them at Pittodrie, it's certainly the case when Celtic visit my club. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not often that I agree with you, but you're of course correct here. It's not entire stadiums, it's entire away sections. Given that I sit right next to them at Pittodrie, it's certainly the case when Celtic visit my club. 

was almost the entire stadium yesterday, 8,000 of them. But Lubo would rather miss the point being made, it isn't a small minority of away fans singing these songs anyway.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've been to dozens of our away games and that's still not accurate for any I've been to. Nice try though.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

was almost the entire stadium yesterday, 8,000 of them. But Lubo would rather miss the point being made, it isn't a small minority of away fans singing these songs anyway.

Pointing out someone is talking nonsense when that's exactly what they're doing isn't missing the point, pal.

3 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I've been to dozens of our away games and that's still not accurate for any I've been to. Nice try though.

Give it a rest mate. My eyes and ears at Pittodrie, I sit overlooking the bunch of Irish wannabes when they're there, tell me a completely different truth. 

3 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

So who is doing it? If it's just a small minority why don't the rest of the fans sing something else to drown them out?

Giving 80% of your stadium to them is a riddy.
Giving them access to set up a big daft tifo around your stadium is fucking tinpot

6 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Pointing out someone is talking nonsense when that's exactly what they're doing isn't missing the point, pal.

It is when you completely ignore what they're singing about as being the point, and it's not a small minority of away fans, it gets started in one section and the others join in. Course nobody ever admits to it, and its always someone else doing the songs, as another poster says, if that was even remotely true, why doesn't the majority shout them down and get it stopped (because it isn't),  *sweep sweep, nothing to see here*.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Giving 80% of your stadium to them is a riddy.
Giving them access to set up a big daft tifo around your stadium is fucking tinpot

First point is annoying from a fans perspective seeing our stadium sold out to away fans, but business wise makes complete sense, when 80% isn't being used, would be cutting off our nose to spite our face having empty seats when there's the opportunity to fill them. The home end is ST holders only allowed to buy tickets, to try and stop them getting in there too, since our fans complained about Sevco fans sitting in the home end and causing trouble.

Just a pity all the money we're making off playing the cheeks in cup games and home league games is going to waste with all the in fighting over control of the club, and not being used in January to keep us up. Wont have to put up with them next season though, we'll be back to our big empty stadium. 

Wont have to put up with them next season though, we'll be back to our big empty stadium. 

There were a number of empty seats yesterday around where I sit and it could be because it was a) Easter Sunday or b) it was one of the weegie mob c) one of the weegie mob who celebrate other things at Easter rather than its Religious significance. Whatever, maybe home attendances won't fall off significantly in the Championship because we won't have to put up with their particular brand of " support". Those that used to come along may be encouraged to return to see a more competitive league in relative safety

Edited by Monkey socks

4 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

There were a number of empty seats yesterday around where I sit and it could be because it was a) Easter Sunday or b) it was one of the weegie mob c) one of the weegie mob who celebrate other things at Easter rather than its Religious significance. Whatever, maybe home attendances won't fall off significantly in the Championship because we won't have to put up with their particular brand of " support". Those that used to come along may be encouraged to return to see a more competitive league in relative safety

Yeah it can put off some folk coming along when playing them, esp if they have kids. My neighbour supported Sevco but got ST's at Livi to take his son to the football for that very reason.

Think our home support rose  by several hundred in our stint in the Premiership, hopefully they stick around when we're relegated.

First point is annoying from a fans perspective seeing our stadium sold out to away fans, but business wise makes complete sense, when 80% isn't being used, would be cutting off our nose to spite our face having empty seats when there's the opportunity to fill them. The home end is ST holders only allowed to buy tickets, to try and stop them getting in there too, since our fans complained about Sevco fans sitting in the home end and causing trouble.

Just a pity all the money we're making off playing the cheeks in cup games and home league games is going to waste with all the in fighting over control of the club, and not being used in January to keep us up. Wont have to put up with them next season though, we'll be back to our big empty stadium. 

Surely it’s a bit of a riddy in itself that you have to make the home end ST holders only? 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Surely it’s a bit of a riddy in itself that you have to make the home end ST holders only? 

You mean that we can't even fill the one stand?

If we didn't there would be erse cheek fans in there too though, so the club is at least trying to segregate us from having them in beside us.

I't's an easy target for opposition fans slagging us over our small support, but the only ones actually taking the slagging are the ones that go support their team, and are no less of a fan than a bigger supported club. On that score it's more a shame that more of the local community don't get behind their team, i've supported Livi for about 27 years though, and past the stage where it bothers/annoys me. We had around 3 or 4 thousand fans our first stint in the top flight, and after admins and a lot of turmoil with demotions etc, it got as low as 600 and odd, been a bumpy ride supporting Livi.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You mean that we can't even fill the one stand?

If we didn't there would be erse cheek fans in there too though, so the club is at least trying to segregate us from having them in beside us.

I't's an easy target for opposition fans slagging us over our small support, but the only ones actually taking the slagging are the ones that go support their team, and are no less of a fan than a bigger supported club. On that score it's more a shame that more of the local community don't get behind their team, i've supported Livi for about 27 years though, and past the stage where it bothers/annoys me. We had around 3 or 4 thousand fans our first stint in the top flight, and after admins and a lot of turmoil with demotions etc, it got as low as 600 and odd, been a bumpy ride supporting Livi.

No, it wasn’t having a go at the size of the support. 

But the fact that for those fixtures you have to actively deny anyone who doesn’t have a season ticket from going to the game is counter productive to sustainably growing your support. 

A big result against one of them may mean a few more people might ‘catch the bug’ for going more regularly or getting a season ticket, but they’re not allowed to go because of a risk that the end gets filled up with mutants. 

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Old firm fans would just buy tickets if they never, not much else that they can do.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, it wasn’t having a go at the size of the support. 

But the fact that for those fixtures you have to actively deny anyone who doesn’t have a season ticket from going to the game is counter productive to sustainably growing your support. 

A big result against one of them may mean a few more people might ‘catch the bug’ for going more regularly or getting a season ticket, but they’re not allowed to go because of a risk that the end gets filled up with mutants. 

Just to clarify. For those erse cheek home games only season ticket holders can buy tickets for the home end. So as their season ticket gives them their seat , they can buy for friends/ family for the home stand. That way the club has a handle on  who buys what and where and in the  unfortunate circumstances of there being any disruption they know who bought what and can take appropriate action.

Edited by Monkey socks