Livi v Celtic (Kieran Airns RIP)

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

No, it wasn’t having a go at the size of the support. 

But the fact that for those fixtures you have to actively deny anyone who doesn’t have a season ticket from going to the game is counter productive to sustainably growing your support. 

A big result against one of them may mean a few more people might ‘catch the bug’ for going more regularly or getting a season ticket, but they’re not allowed to go because of a risk that the end gets filled up with mutants. 

Plenty other games they can buy tickets and come along though, more likely that anyone doing so against the erse cheeks will be opposition fans. Some ST holders don't even go to these games. The decision was taken after our fans complained about the amount of Sevco fans in our stand, trying to noise up the Liv Ultras. Think it's worth it just for 3 home games against them. 

59 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah it can put off some folk coming along when playing them, esp if they have kids. My neighbour supported Sevco but got ST's at Livi to take his son to the football for that very reason.

The very reason I started following Livi. My dad was brought up supporting rangers but didn't want me involved with all the bile that goes with them...took me to Livi instead and the rest, as they say, is history

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The very reason I started following Livi. My dad was brought up supporting rangers but didn't want me involved with all the bile that goes with them...took me to Livi instead and the rest, as they say, is history

Top parenting.

17 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

My dad was the exact same with my brothers and I. I'm pretty sure he's never supported Rangers, but he grew up around Ibrox/Govan and so he'll have known all the shite that goes on at that club outside of the football.

One of us supported Partick Thistle, one of us supported Kilmarnock and the other Hearts. I don't think any of us now really follow those teams anymore though since we went our own ways.

Edited by 2426255

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

So who is doing it? If it's just a small minority why don't the rest of the fans sing something else to drown them out?

Where did I say it's a small minority?

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Give it a rest mate. My eyes and ears at Pittodrie, I sit overlooking the bunch of Irish wannabes when they're there, tell me a completely different truth. 

Get yourself along to specsavers then because it's not entire away sections.

11 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Imagine trying to defend the indefensible armed only with semantics.

40 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Where did I say it's a small minority?

38 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Okay, so it's a large majority of away sections.

On 01/04/2024 at 11:32, Busta Nut said:

Giving them access to set up a big daft tifo around your stadium is fucking tinpot

I'm still trying to work out what a mega banner about the Irish Easter rising has to do with a football match in Scotland but, more particularly, why they were given permission by the club. 

If they want to do that at their home grand then that's their prerogative but that seemed deliberately inflammatory. How would they like it if every team that visited their ground had huge banner listing the names of all the people murdered by the IRA?

I like Ireland and I like the Irish. Holiday's there and have family history (me mam's an O'Brian). 

What the IRA and Irelands relevance in a game of Scottish football in 2024 escapes me. The justification will be weak at best.

I also have family that are/were neck deep in the 'Gers. No problem.

But waving Union Jacks and singing God Save the King' triggers me, not into any of it from either, and its not jealousy, trust me.

Thought the 'tic did well on the 18th min celebrating Kieran's life and love of Livi... 

Edited by larry the lion

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

How would they like it if every team that visited their ground had huge banner listing the names of all the people murdered by the IRA?

That's not a terrible idea.

On 31/03/2024 at 13:10, Scrutinizer said:

Get Snodgrass to feck,never a penalty, S

It was. Surely it at least deserved to get looked at. The SFA are doing themselves absolutely no favours at all with VAR .

19 hours ago, Durnford said:

How would they like it if every team that visited their ground had huge banner listing the names of all the people murdered by the IRA?

It would be the size of the pitch.

Interesting statement, but the whole bluff about it being prevented in future is just being said in the knowledge it'll not be in a league game and we probably won't get them in the cups in all likeliness. 

On 01/04/2024 at 19:08, LuboMoravcik said:

Ahh the bog standard reply.  The majority of your away support are sad scummy b*****ds that need to get a grip of themselves.

On 31/03/2024 at 13:49, LuboMoravcik said:

Wishing for the deaths of innocent people isn't a good look.

It's a better look than celebrating the deaths of innocent people that have actually happened.