When did your team shite it big time?

4 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Domestically 3-0 semi final against Motherwell,never laid a glove on them,out the cup before half time 

Enckelmen’s finest. 

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Fucking Minsk. We knocked out Rosenborg which was a huge achievement, then went away to Minsk and won 1-0.

We didn’t play well against an absolute rabble of cheats, but in the end they went through after winning the penalty shootout.

That was the first time in the history of St Johnstone FC that we lost a home European tie. A record we’d proudly kept in tact against Hamburg, Monaco, Eskisehirspor, Rosenborg amongst others..  then lost it to fucking Minsk.

32 fouls they committed that day, and every single one a snide late kick out or dragging someone back. Taking turns between each other to do it too.

If European refs didn't try to be so soft then the 6 yellows/1 red would've been about 13 yellows/4 reds.

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Was at the Costa Rica debacle 😪

We have a winner.

Celebration Win GIF

....... unless we have a late straggler to the discussion from from Cordoba/Mendoza 1978. 

Edited by AndyM

On 04/04/2024 at 21:42, Alert Mongoose said:

I was at that I'm sure - was it not 1-3?

The atmosphere in the United end was unbelievable that night. It was one of those games where you knew United were winning. Unlike the st.j cup final where from the Parkhead turnstiles not working to many other stories before the game even started we were always losing that game

2 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

The atmosphere in the United end was unbelievable that night. It was one of those games where you knew United were winning. Unlike the st.j cup final where from the Parkhead turnstiles not working to many other stories before the game even started we were always losing that game

Ciftcis free kick was the moment it became clear it was our day.

Hits the bar, bounces on the line, then Mannus lands on the ball sideways with his ribs and it still stays out the goal.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ciftcis free kick was the moment it became clear it was our day.

Hits the bar, bounces on the line, then Mannus lands on the ball sideways with his ribs and it still stays out the goal.

Think it started before that to be honest, Dow's flick off the post that rolled along the goal line and didn't get a single touch. To be fair in that match, it genuinely could have ended about 5-4 to saints. 

38 minutes ago, Widge said:

Think it started before that to be honest, Dow's flick off the post that rolled along the goal line and didn't get a single touch. To be fair in that match, it genuinely could have ended about 5-4 to saints. 

Wotherspoon chips instead of leathering it and we have the greatest Scottish Cup Final goal ever scored IMO.

On 04/04/2024 at 09:45, Doctor Sanchez said:

6th November 1985. At home to Hammerby 2nd round, 2nd leg and Frank McGarvy puts us in front in the 21st minute at home...  That's where the story ends and we didnt f**k it up in the dying minutes... Still keeps my awake at night. It was a feeling that came back to me the other week at Rugby Park.

As for the league Cup Final 2010, I don't think I have ever left a game as angry as that... Its still too soon to discuss it on here. 

Flew back from America for the game, lost in the dying minutes to 9 men, went to my dads birthday party and got goaded all night by a Rangers ‘fan’ who couldn’t find Ibrox with a map, then got up at 4 am to fly to Amsterdam and then a 10 hour flight back to America and back to work on the Tuesday morning.

I’ve had better weekends.

Edited by Torfason

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

Flew back from America for the game, lost in the dying minutes to 9 men, went to my dads birthday party and got goaded all night by a Rangers ‘fan’ who couldn’t find Ibrox with a map, then got up at 4 am to fly to Amsterdam and then a 10 hour flight back to America and back to work on the Tuesday morning.

I’ve had better weekends.

You should've killed him, no danger you'd get caught.