šŸ’™ā¤ļø ICT v Arbroath šŸ’—

We had one more shot on target today than our previous four home matches combined. Excellent as Mr Dunc would say.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What was the sending off for?

He put Billy Mckay up in the air and in doing so tipped the balance of the game. For me the Arbroath shoulders were not high enough throughout and they certainly slumped with the dismissal.Ā 

The wind made it far from the normal Fergie fare and Boruc had two outstanding saves very early in the game and that start rekindled the joy of coming to the football and Samuels' winner was as warming as the 18Ā°C southern breeze.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Mad that just 2 seasons ago we were fighting it out in the promotion playoffs and now Arbroath are all but relegated and weā€™ll no doubt be joining them.Ā 
Ā 

Funny old game ehĀ 

Nononono!Ā  You have to win the playoffs.Ā  Ā One of the consolations of being relegated is that we don't need to play you any more.Ā  Don't take this from us!

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Nononono!Ā  You have to win the playoffs.Ā  Ā One of the consolations of being relegated is that we don't need to play you any more.Ā  Don't take this from us!

We have little to no chance against a league 1 side with their tails up and added into that, we were Hamiltonā€™s bitches last season and they were utterly shiteĀ 

37 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Was there a bit of needle between Duffy and an Arbroath player? Looks like heā€™s trying to get in someoneā€™s face after he scoresĀ 

From that angle I think the Arbroath keeper can do better with Samuelā€™s goalĀ 

It was Delaney. He was marking Duffy at the throw so not sure if it was a bit of banter started by Delaney or if they just hated each other when they were both with us. Either way Iā€™m all for that sort of celebrations.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I feel exactly the same. Itā€™s a great away day but Arbroath always seem to be a complete pain in the arse against us. I think the head to head record over recent years is probably pretty even but Iā€™ll be glad to see the back of you for a while!

That's any concern of automatic relegation dismissed, now a huge game next weekend against Queen's Park. Pressure on them.

Our record against Arbroath is this season = 2 wins each and a draw, last season it was 2 in our favour and two draws, 21/22 was 2 wins to us and 1 to them, the three others were draws, 20/21 was 2 wins to us and a draw, 19/20 was 1 win for us and 2 wins for them.

ICT - 9 wins, 5 defeats and 7 draws against Arbroath since both teams were in the Championship at the same time, including cup and playoffs.

Might as well -

Against Accies, last season probably cost us a playoff place as we lost 3 games against them and won once. Also one lost in the Challenge Cup to top it off, 21/22 it was 1 for us, 2 for Accies and a draw. Overall its 13 wins for Accies and 12 for us in all competition, 6 draws.

I also notice we haven't beaten Alloa in 5 games with them winning 2 and 3 draws, last win for us was in the Scottish Cup on the 18th Jan 2020.

Cove have only beaten us once, in the League Cup, but as we are familiar with over the last couple of seasons we are pretty good at undoing any historical hoodoos we have over other teams while still maintaining our own.

Montrose, see Michael Gardyne.

If we can't beat Queen's Park next week should we start worrying?

We would have been lucky to have come away with a draw we created zilch apart from the goal. Boruc saved us a few times. Not just Gayfield that is windy btwĀ šŸ™ƒ

58 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

That's any concern of automatic relegation dismissed, now a huge game next weekend against Queen's Park. Pressure on them.

Our record against Arbroath is this season = 2 wins each and a draw, last season it was 2 in our favour and two draws, 21/22 was 2 wins to us and 1 to them, the three others were draws, 20/21 was 2 wins to us and a draw, 19/20 was 1 win for us and 2 wins for them.

ICT - 9 wins, 5 defeats and 7 draws against Arbroath since both teams were in the Championship at the same time, including cup and playoffs.

Might as well -

Against Accies, last season probably cost us a playoff place as we lost 3 games against them and won once. Also one lost in the Challenge Cup to top it off, 21/22 it was 1 for us, 2 for Accies and a draw. Overall its 13 wins for Accies and 12 for us in all competition, 6 draws.

I also notice we haven't beaten Alloa in 5 games with them winning 2 and 3 draws, last win for us was in the Scottish Cup on the 18th Jan 2020.

Cove have only beaten us once, in the League Cup, but as we are familiar with over the last couple of seasons we are pretty good at undoing any historical hoodoos we have over other teams while still maintaining our own.

Ā 

Montrose, see Michael Gardyne.

If we can't beat Queen's Park next week should we start worrying?

Spoke to a Montrose fan a couple of weeks ago, he made the point, that none of Cove , Alloa, Montrose or Hamilton will be frightened if they had to play Caley or QP

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Spoke to a Montrose fan a couple of weeks ago, he made the point, that none of Cove , Alloa, Montrose or Hamilton will be frightened if they had to play Caley or QP

None of them frighten us either, even after yesterday's scudding.

4 hours ago, ecto said:

Ā 

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I've seen Cove and Montrose getting absolutely bodied in the last 7 days, I'll keep the fingernail biting on ice for now.Ā 

6 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Ā 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Ā 

I've seen Cove and Montrose getting absolutely bodied in the last 7 days, I'll keep the fingernail biting on ice for now.Ā 

My, my we are a fragile lot

4 minutes ago, ecto said:

Ā 

My, my we are a fragile lot

I wouldn't say anyone here is fragile. Just simply responding to a clearly made up comment.Ā 

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I wouldn't say anyone here is fragile. Just simply responding to a clearly made up comment.Ā 

Not made up, Iā€™ve been saying since the Caley game at Gayfield, whoever finishes 9th, probably Caley to be fair, as you lot have to play us, and weā€™re on the beach, will come down with us, sticking to that

Iā€™d be pretty confident playing Montrose, and especially Cove, who we never seem to have much issue against. Alloa have been a pain in the arse however, and Iā€™d not fancy a 2 legged affair against Hamilton either