St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

you are irrelevant

Indeed, I'm so irrelevant you felt the need to make a post about it. :rolleyes:

I didn't realise I was such 'box office' with Hearts fans, but it seems that way. :D

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Beni likely out with illness and Nieuwenhof still out. Devlin and Tait in the middle is pretty lightweight if that's what we go with.

Don't worry. We'll most likely play with Boyd-Munce and O'Hara in there to even things out.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Beni likely out with illness and Nieuwenhof still out. Devlin and Tait in the middle is pretty lightweight if that's what we go with.

How is Atkinson getting on? He's one for the future, I get that, but I am surprised that Australia called him up but not Strain (both playing RB). This isn't because Strain is with us, and Atkinson is with you, but (admittedly, while fit) Strain was showing far more than Atkinson.

Just a wee reminder to both sets of fans there is a Foodbank collection at tomorrow’s game. 

Please help if you can. 

https://www.stmirren.com/community-news/5364-renfrewshire-foodbank-collection-6th-april

Renfrewshire Foodbank will be taking donations at The SMiSA Stadium prior to our match against Hearts on Saturday 6th April. 

Volunteers will be positioned at each turnstile ready to receive items kindly donated by our wonderful support and collections will be able to be made at the stadium from next week. There will also be collection tins if anyone wishes to make a cash donation.

If you wish to donate please bring tins, jars or packets. Fresh food cannot be accepted. 
Below is a list of the most in need items:

• UHT Milk
  • Diluting juice
  • Tinned meat
  • Tinned fruit
  • Cereal
  • Tea/Coffee
  • Toiletries 
  • Cleaning products

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

How is Atkinson getting on? He's one for the future, I get that, but I am surprised that Australia called him up but not Strain (both playing RB). This isn't because Strain is with us, and Atkinson is with you, but (admittedly, while fit) Strain was showing far more than Atkinson.

Up and down season. Started it really well, has toiled since injury though. 

He gets stick but I think he's an excellent defender, especially 1 on 1. Weirdly he looked like he'd be an attacking full back who had to sharpen up defensively when he joined, but now it's the opposite. You can trust him but he needs to do more going forward. 

Latest Met Office forecast for the stadium area below.

It looks like it’s an incredible day to wear shorts and t-shirts and fly a kite or take up hand-gliding. 😂 

IMG_8850.thumb.jpeg.1eb918a996c973e0e6b1de49bcb9a745.jpeg

The figures in bold are the predictions for wind speeds in mph. The figure below that is for wind gusts. 

IMG_8851.thumb.jpeg.9033ced76f5556ce616eb246bd4cce8c.jpeg

The amount of rain that has hit the stadium area during the last 3 months has been staggering.

There was a lot of localised flooding on the roads surrounding the stadium at 5pm yesterday.

No doubt our pitch will be criticised once again by the press, etc but what our groundsman Tommy Docherty does to prepare our pitch is amazing given the adverse weather conditions this season.

If this pitch needs watering pre match or post match I will be amazed! 😂 

Today certainly should not be the day for anyone to criticise our players for lack of ball control or wayward passes due to wind speeds and gusts. 

Hopefully any boos will be carried off on the wind!

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Weirdly he looked like he'd be an attacking full back who had to sharpen up defensively when he joined, but now it's the opposite. You can trust him but he needs to do more going forward. 

Interesting.. it's almost the reverse with Strain, and that probably answers my question on the call up. I guess the Aussie manager prefers defensive full backs who can attack, than attacking wingbacks who can defend.

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

The amount of rain that has hit the stadium area during the last 3 months has been staggering.

There was a lot of localised flooding on the roads surrounding the stadium at 5pm yesterday.

No doubt our pitch will be criticised once again by the press, etc but what our groundsman Tommy Docherty does to prepare our pitch is amazing given the adverse weather conditions this season.

If this pitch needs watering pre match or post match I will be amazed! 😂 

Today certainly should not be the day for anyone to criticise our players for lack of ball control or wayward passes due to wind speeds and gusts. 

Hopefully any boos will be carried off on the wind!

Every (grass) pitch has struggled through this winter which is no surprise. Never ceases to amaze me that p***ks like Boyd and Sutton moan about surfaces everywhere bar the bigot brothers despite them all being pretty much of a muchness bar Dundee's joke.

What’s the weather where you are at present folks? 11am in Cumbernauld and hardly a leaf moving on the trees. Currently calm as a calm thing that’s calm. This storm Kathleen keeping her powder dry for a bit longer?

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Wind has whipped up into a howling gale here on the Ayrshire coast in the last hour or so. Not expected to peak until 2-3pm either. You would struggle to play any sort of watchable game as it is right now.

On her way then. Still not as much as a gentle breeze in sunny Cumbernauld.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Same in the west end of Glasgow. Trees barely moving. 

I know how this plays out. Weather forecasters warn us of impending doom. There’s not even a crisp poke blowing past my window…. I get ready, head out, get to Hillington and Storm Kathleen says ‘the fcuker has made it over the Kingston Bridge… time to let rip…’

Nothing surer. 🙃

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Same in the west end of Glasgow. Trees barely moving. 

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I know how this plays out. Weather forecasters warn us of impending doom. There’s not even a crisp poke blowing past my window…. I get ready, head out, get to Hillington and Storm Kathleen says ‘the fcuker has made it over the Kingston Bridge… time to let rip…’

Nothing surer. 🙃

And a 20 minutes later update. It is now blowin a hooley 🤣🤣

Welcome to Scotland 🤣