St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024

I don't think that's a penalty, you've got to wonder what a qualified referee - with a few views at different angles - has seen to call the referee over to look at it.

Edited by houston_bud

I thought this would end up in a draw, and without having a second look at the Hearts penalty decision I'd say I was right, and the ref thought otherwise!

Still, the means justify the ends, and other results make this nothing more than an annoyance rather than a killer.

FT 1-2
Limped over the top six line with a loss again then, just like last season, thanks Saintees! 
Plenty happened second half at least. Looked like another Hemming howler to me for their second goal but will need to see it again. Gogic messed up twice that led to chances for Hearts, neither taken.
Then a lovely counter attacking goal by Olusanya, which you don't often get at 0-2 down. 
Seemed that the VAR penalties would be levelled up when the ref got sent to the screen to check a foul on McMenamin. They always get given when they get sent to the screen, right? Wrong. Sums up our luck with VAR this season. 
Regardless, we were rubbish today and thats a really bad result at home against team with nothing to play for and our form poor form continues. We will need to improve hugely post split if we are going to get Europe. 

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I don't think that's a penalty, you've got to wonder what a qualified referee - with a few views at different angles - has seen to call the referee over to look at it.

Dallas absolutely taking the piss there.

It's never a penalty; but A) makes it look like he's being balanced, and B) knocks a couple of minutes off the clock for a team who've been trying to run that clock down.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Dallas absolutely taking the piss there.

It's never a penalty; but A) makes it look like he's being balanced, and B) knocks a couple of minutes off the clock for a team who've been trying to run that clock down.

Dallas making a VAR check for a St Mirren penalty to help Hearts run the clock down is some mental gymnastics 😂

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Thought we were worth a point over the piece but we probably didn't create enough.

Fair play to Hearts, top 6 again for us is a very good season but looks like last year when it peters out again.

I hope the club don't have that attitude.

We could in theory be starting the top 6th 4 points ahead of 6th.

And with 5th hopefully still enough for Europe then we've got to be trying to get that.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Dallas making a VAR check for a St Mirren penalty to help Hearts run the clock down is some mental gymnastics 😂

Why do you think he did it?

Was never a penalty in a million years.

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Why do you think he did it?

Was never a penalty in a million years.

Because he's hopelessly incompetent, not some anti St Mirren conspiracy.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Because he's hopelessly incompetent, not some anti St Mirren conspiracy.

I'd love to believe that.

And TBH, and don't think it's anti-Saints specifically, not sure it'd have happened if we'd been playing Well, St Johnstone, Livvy...

Didn't see that coming after seeing the lineup but it's a brilliant 3 points given the circumstances.

We've now won at 9 away grounds in the league this season. Bet it's a few decades since that last happened.

29 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Why was St Boo’s gameplan “give the ball to McMenamince” for the entire second half? He’s the worst winger since Wilfried Ouefio. 

To be fair, our pre-post split "gameplan" seems to revolve around downing tools and hoping we have enough to glide into a decent league position. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I'd love to believe that.

And TBH, and don't think it's anti-Saints specifically, not sure it'd have happened if we'd been playing Well, St Johnstone, Livvy...

Do you make your tin hats out of over the counter tinfoil or do you buy them on the dark web ?